Don't look now, but the Niners are 2-1 too

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
when you compare the teams on the two schedules -- there are basically two key differences:

Cards go to Carolina ; SF goes to NO --- I call this a wash
Cards play Minnesota at home, SF played Detroit --- given its already a win, advantage SF

finally, on head to head -- Cards have already won in SF. Advantage to AZ

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
This whole Niners thing is getting out of control. I just readthis article where Frank Gore thinks they have a chance to be the "best offense in the league".....LMAO

See guys this is the difference between us and them right now. We go light up the pathetic Dolphins and act liek we have been there before. These guys beat up on the helpless Lions and all of a sudden the are the second coming.

I really hope that the Seahawks continue to tumble and its us and the 9ers at the end. Because I KNOW we have them this year.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
This whole Niners thing is getting out of control. I just readthis article where Frank Gore thinks they have a chance to be the "best offense in the league".....LMAO

See guys this is the difference between us and them right now. We go light up the pathetic Dolphins and act liek we have been there before. These guys beat up on the helpless Lions and all of a sudden the are the second coming.

I really hope that the Seahawks continue to tumble and its us and the 9ers at the end. Because I KNOW we have them this year.

using stats from three weeks in has the potential to be misleading, but here goes:

the 49ers have faced the #19 (AZ), #25 (Sea), and #31 (Det) passing defenses (based on opposing QB rating) thus far this year. They face #20 (NO) this sunday.

The Cards have faced the #3 (SF), #9 (wash) and #29 (Miami) passing defenses thus far this year. They face #28 (NY J) this sunday.

The #3 pass defense ranking for SF surprised me at first --- after all, in playing SF Kurt didnt have one of his better games, yet still completed 63% of his passes and had a QB rating of 93. But then realized they also faced the receiver-less Seahawks and slow motion trainwreck Detroit.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Beat 'em once.

Gonna beat 'em again.

No big deal.

I seriously doubt its a "no big deal, we'll beat them again" thing. Most of our games have been real competitive. Who knows what the Niners will look like between now and our MNF game against you guys, all I know is Im happy to see the Niners competing...

Also I agree, I wish Gore didnt say anything at all. I really like the "flying under the radar" and just let the play on the field do the talking. But we'll see since our next few games will show what type of team the 49ers are this year

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05