Draft delayed??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If the courts rule in favor of the NFL and grant them a stay,thus not allowing Clarett or Williams to enter the draft,then look for Clarett's attorney to file an immediate injunction to have the whole draft delayed until the court makes it's final ruling.These are both unlikely scenarios but it's out there and a possibility.Just when you though Clarett couldn't get more unpopular he possibly could do this.I still we take him in round 3 if he's there.I've dropped him a round because it doesn't look like he's going to be taken in round 2.But, that could all change after Monday's workout.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Clarret's an a**wipe. I would love to see him go undrafted. I sure as heck don't want him here.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That might be career suicide if he approves of his lawyer using that tactic. Kid eventually has to take his lumps. This would be the dumbest thing yet Clarett could do...dumber even than all the other stupid crap he has done up to now. Of course that is precisely why it may happen. Clarett doesn't have good judgement and will approve of it.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree with this move 110%. If the NFL wants to use the courts and do idiotic things then so can Clarett. Anything that makes sure that Clarett and M Williams go in the normal draft even delaying it I fully completely support and agree with. They need to go in the real draft not a supplemental.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
I agree with this move 110%. If the NFL wants to use the courts and do idiotic things then so can Clarett. Anything that makes sure that Clarett and M Williams go in the normal draft even delaying it I fully completely support and agree with. They need to go in the real draft not a supplemental.

The problem he'd have with this is in fighting the NFL, he will drag the owners into it. That would be a mistake. Right now, he'll either be drafted or picked up after the draft. If he messes up the draft for the owners, he'll be lucky to get a job as a towel boy.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

A Nihilist utterance.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
The problem he'd have with this is in fighting the NFL, he will drag the owners into it. That would be a mistake. Right now, he'll either be drafted or picked up after the draft. If he messes up the draft for the owners, he'll be lucky to get a job as a towel boy.
Nope this isnt true. TO got a job (at least 2 teams wanted him) Darrell Russell is back. Nothing a player does short of murder will prevent him from getting a job in the NFL - because it's all about the RING. And people will do anything to get that ring.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Nope this isnt true. TO got a job (at least 2 teams wanted him) Darrell Russell is back. Nothing a player does short of murder will prevent him from getting a job in the NFL - because it's all about the RING. And people will do anything to get that ring.

Except neither of them pissed off every owner like Clarett would if it happens...well every owner except Al Davis who would probably draft him out of spite.

It would be an awful gamble to take and one I think would seriously undermine his true chances of getting a job in the NFL.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
Except neither of them pissed off every owner like Clarett would if it happens...well every owner except Al Davis who would probably draft him out of spite.

It would be an awful gamble to take and one I think would seriously undermine his true chances of getting a job in the NFL.
A certain percentage of owners all they care about is winning. Not just Al Davis remember Ray Lewis and BAL. BAL also wanted TO.
It is bout winning. If Clarett can break tackles rush for 12000 yards and score TDs like crazy he will find work in the NFL. Trust me.

It is not a nihilistic statement. It is a practical statement. I do not want SD beating the Cards or the Vikes in the SB 3 years from today because they got to draft M Williams and whoever they take #1 (or get in trade for the #1 pick) because the NFL was trying to prove a point.

I do not want the Cards draft chances screwed or the Vikes or every other team after SD because the NFL is trying to prove a point.

I actually think that kids should have to complete all 4 years of college. But I don't want the NFL screwing the Cards Vikes and this draft up to prove their point.

The NFL messed this up from the start they should have just given Clarett the exemption and it would have been the end of it - now they want to screw up the draft to the benefit of one team!

Bobcat

Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
That might be career suicide if he approves of his lawyer using that tactic. Kid eventually has to take his lumps. This would be the dumbest thing yet Clarett could do...dumber even than all the other stupid crap he has done up to now. Of course that is precisely why it may happen. Clarett doesn't have good judgement and will approve of it.

Hey guy's!!! If this kid is old enough to be in either of our armed forces and risk being killed or mamed for life; then he should be able to be drafted by the NFL. Let us get real no one should ever be stopped from living his dreams. Clarett, and Williams are old enough to die for their country then they are old enough to play in the NFL. Damn when will we ever stop telling people what they can and can't do with their lives if it is a legal act. Over 18 means that you are old enough.

Allan :stupid: :shrug:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bobcat said:
Hey guy's!!! If this kid is old enough to be in either of our armed forces and risk being killed or mamed for life; then he should be able to be drafted by the NFL. Let us get real no one should ever be stopped from living his dreams. Clarett, and Williams are old enough to die for their country then they are old enough to play in the NFL. Damn when will we ever stop telling people what they can and can't do with their lives if it is a legal act. Over 18 means that you are old enough.

Allan :stupid: :shrug:

Well maybe he should exercise his rights and join the army. :shrug:

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
.I still we take him in round 3 if he's there.I've dropped him a round because it doesn't look like he's going to be taken in round 2.But, that could all change after Monday's workout.

I wouldn't want the Cards to draft this kid at all. He's bucking not just the owners but the player's union as well. The draft age thingy is part of the CBA. Some kid with 1 year of college ball comes in does this, I think he's going to have a short career with a lot of time on the injury list.
I read an article with some interviews with the linebackers and safeties at the pro-bowl about Clarrett. They were almost unanimous in stating if he comes into the league through the courts they plan to show him the league is for the big boys.
Imagine if every game the kid plays is like Emmitt playing against Dallas last year. The entire defense of every team Clarrett plays against will be fired up and hitting like that.

Red Air Force

DILLIGAFF
Reaction score
vikesfan said:

Hell....Ray Lewis showed us then not even murder will kjeep him out of a job. :gun:

Bobcat

Reaction score
wallyburger said:
Well maybe he should exercise his rights and join the army. :shrug:

Why don't you stop with your petty humor Wallyburger!!! It my comment was not just meant for those two people it was meant for everyone or anyone who is over 18 years old. Now I really am with :stupid:

Allan :confused:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What happened with Leonard Little.

That if you are 18 you should be able to work where you want to work idea has a lot of merit.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
What happened with Leonard Little.

Before the season started during his rookie year, he was driving drunk and killed a woman driving in another car.

I think he got a four game suspension or something.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cardinals.Ken said:
Before the season started during his rookie year, he was driving drunk and killed a woman driving in another car.

I think he got a four game suspension or something.

Sickening. How come he didn't go to jail for a few years! He actually killed someone.

BTW love your tagline it shows you what kind of coach Tice is. Players celebrating that is on the coaching. If they do that then, it is too late it was ingrained in them. They were grabbing him sheesh. Do you have link to that Tice quote?

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, as a bit of a veteran myself (I enlisted at 17 by the way, which is legal with parental consent) I do feel the arguement of "if you can fight for your country you can...."
But I do know that my body can handle more in these last few years (23 now) than it could in my teenage years. I think while there is arguement for and against Clarrett's case, I think the rules setup by the NFL and the PA are a good idea.
Just thought I'd share the views.

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
Just what I'd expect from a freaking liberal

vikesfan said:

If Bush lied then what does that make your buddy Bubba Clinton. The NFL's legal stance is being taken because idiots like Clarett are the type who would sue the league for a career ending injury under the guise that the league should not have let him in early. Only a bleeding heart would take Clarett's side.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
SuperSpck said:
Well, as a bit of a veteran myself (I enlisted at 17 by the way, which is legal with parental consent) I do feel the arguement of "if you can fight for your country you can...."
But I do know that my body can handle more in these last few years (23 now) than it could in my teenage years. I think while there is arguement for and against Clarrett's case, I think the rules setup by the NFL and the PA are a good idea.
Just thought I'd share the views.

I am totally pro military so don't take this wrong.
I use the same logic for the drinking age and see no difference in sports. Your country can command you to go into a fire fight with the loss of your life being a distinct possibilty, Yet you can't decide for yourself if you want to have a beer or play a sport at the professional level? So it's OK for you to engage in life threatening situations as long as the government approves, but for you to make a concious decision on whether to endanger yourself is beyond your grasp?

I don't like the way Clarett is doing things. He is a punk. But there are many kids like him in the military and as long as the government sanctions their actions it's OK. What's the difference if Clarett goes into the NFL and gets maimed or if he gets shot in a military action and is maimed?

It's bull that when your 18 you are considered a man and solely responsible for your actions. But certain things you still have to ask your moms permission. That has always bothered me since the day I was legally required to sign up for the draft.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I never take anything the wrong way (too laid back), so no worries!

I'm part of the generations who haven't had to sign up for a draft, so I've never felt what I've had to do is at the behest of my government. I signed the paper, and admittedly at such a young age I didn't know nothing about nothing else (who did at that age?) but I'm a self made man, so what the hey. Enough on that.

I admit that my initial reaction to the entire Clarret situation was "who the hell is this kid and why does he think he can rock the boat?", but he does have a chance (chance not a guarantee) to play some good football for a lot of money (and money is his motivation).

This isn't the NBA (who have recess scouts now I hear) and I think after all is said and done, the whole situation can be filed under the heading "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". At least I hope...

:D

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AzKarl said:
If Bush lied then what does that make your buddy Bubba Clinton. The NFL's legal stance is being taken because idiots like Clarett are the type who would sue the league for a career ending injury under the guise that the league should not have let him in early. Only a bleeding heart would take Clarett's side.
Clinton's lies did not cost brave American people their live for money!

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Clinton's lies did not cost brave American people their live for money!
What world are you living in?

Bobcat

Reaction score
AzKarl said:

Here is a piece of advice for you and all the reast othe repiblicans on the forum.

Clinton lied and nobody DIED. Bush lied and A lot of people DIED. Known fact!!!

How could anyone back a putz like Bush after he and his administration has lied so much???

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.