Dwayne Wade, Crying... Riley Pissed

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Is there any doubt that D-Wade has a pain-thresh-hold equal to a 3-year old? Actually, my 3-year old is so much tougher. I am tired of seeing this guy sit out due to "sore wrists" and such. Now, he is seen crying after his shoulder injury. If you don't believe me, please review the tape. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270221010

To add further insult to a minor injury, he is taken off the court in a WHEELCHAIR. Yes, a wheelchair… for a shoulder injury. Willis Reed threw up in his mouth when he viewed the tape, sources say.:thud:

The real story is, however, not how long D-Wade will be home in his pink robe nursing this injury, but rather - How long can we expect to wait to find that Pat Riley won't be able to continue coaching due to health reasons once he finds out Wade will be out the remainder of the season.

Poor Pat... he just came back as it looked like the Heat were ready to make a good run in the Eastern Conference - and now this. Coach Riley is now looking to find a limb he can begin to exaggerate over the next game or two, and then call it quits for the season.

Yes, I am no respector of Dwayne Wade... "he who falls often so he can pick himself up... again".

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
My guess is, Wade just suffered his first major injury as a pro.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I feel bad for Wade, to call him a baby or anything, who knows exactly what kind of pain he was in.

The one thing I thought was funny on that set of highlights was Shaq getting T'd up for wagging the finger at Mutombo. Shaq missed a dunk, got the rebound, dunked, and then taunted. Someone needed to remind Shaq that he missed the dunk first. What an assclown.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The way Wade was grabbing near his shoulder and elbow, maybe he ripped one of the bicep muscles in his left arm. Can you even do that? He must have torn some sort of muscle or ligament. If it's anything like tearing an ACL it could certainly result in immense pain.

[Edit: Dislocated shoulder]

Last edited:

JonnySuns

Reaction score
Dude, lay off Wade, I've never dislocated my shoulder but I can imagine it tingles just a little bit! He was hardly sobbing either and was probably more distraught with the fact that he knows he'll be out for a long time and potentially missing out on the playoffs as well.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
has anyone here ever dislocated their shoulder or anything like that?

how can you call wade a baby?
he's the one feeling the pain, not you..

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've dislocated my shoulder. Three times. Twice playing hoops.

I take major offense to the first post of this thread :)

I saw the replays last night and I wanted to cry for what he was going through.

I don't think he was crying anyways,s he was in agony and sweating profusely, which maybe made it look like he was.

When you dislocate your shoulder, it's basically hanging there by tendons and muscle. And there is the fact that your socket bone is probably rubbing up against the other bone, or muscle, or nerves, etc.

Unless you hold i just right, the pain is extraordinary. Basically you have to hunch over, and prop your forearm across your leg while sitting, which keeps the shoulder from hanging and reduces the pain.

When i saw him do it, and then the wheelchair, I knew exactly what happened without anyone telling me. It was evident. I would have LOVED to have a wheelchair instead of walking out of the gym that night like a hunchbacked guy.

This kind of injury, if it's the first time, is a big deal. He'll be in some residual pain for the next week. Any jarring will hurt. I went over a speed bump once and it hurt like a mother.

Also, once you dislocated it, the odds of doing it again go up drastically.

I did it once, then again 6 months later, then again 2 years later.

I've had surgery since the last time to lock it down and hopefully it wont happen again.

But I feel bad for Wade. That's a horrible injury.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there any doubt that D-Wade has a pain-thresh-hold equal to a 3-year old? Actually, my 3-year old is so much tougher. I am tired of seeing this guy sit out due to "sore wrists" and such. Now, he is seen crying after his shoulder injury. If you don't believe me, please review the tape. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270221010

To add further insult to a minor injury, he is taken off the court in a WHEELCHAIR. Yes, a wheelchair… for a shoulder injury. Willis Reed threw up in his mouth when he viewed the tape, sources say.:thud:

The real story is, however, not how long D-Wade will be home in his pink robe nursing this injury, but rather - How long can we expect to wait to find that Pat Riley won't be able to continue coaching due to health reasons once he finds out Wade will be out the remainder of the season.

Poor Pat... he just came back as it looked like the Heat were ready to make a good run in the Eastern Conference - and now this. Coach Riley is now looking to find a limb he can begin to exaggerate over the next game or two, and then call it quits for the season.

Yes, I am no respector of Dwayne Wade... "he who falls often so he can pick himself up... again".

First off...making fun of someone for major pain is pretty low.

Secondly, I don't know why you hate Wade...he hasn't done one thing wrong, only shows himself to be one of the greatest players in the game right now every night.

I like him...you don't hear about him raping some girl in Colordo, or getting arrested for drinking, or throwing a punch, etc.

He's a great, great player.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

:thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CM, that's a good synopsis of why he was in a wheelchair. My wife and I both thought that it was there so he wouldn't be jarring the shoulder by walking and cause further damage. Caution is needed, especially when dealing with your team's best player.

I'm no D-Whistle fan and I think he's incredibly overrated and a publicity *****, but I hate to see anyone get hurt like that, especially someone who is so prominent in the league.

OP
OP
TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
First of all, I wasn't making fun of the seriousness of the injury nor the pain of a dislocated shoulder. Keep in mind, at the time of the injury, it was not clear that it was dislocated.

Secondly, I stand behind my position that D-Wade is the biggest girl in the NBA. He exaggerates injuries in order to get simpathy from fans/refs/media - MANY athletes think this increases their star power when they can overcome adversity of such magnitude only to pour in 45 points the next game (Jordan did this with a split toe and the flu... the media made way to much of it then, and young athletes learned). So forgive me when I see D-Wade fall, only to pick himself back up again.... "wow, how brave"!

Thirdly, the second part of my post was to point out the fact that now Riley has returned, he will soon be looking for an excuse to exit stage left if D-Wade is lost for the season.

Just to be clear - D-Wade is a talent, I agree. However he milks every opportunity to show what a tough guy he is by overcoming the knock downs. And he is humble, he gives SUVs to people he doesn't know, and he always gets back up... he has told me countless times!

Chandler Mike - sorry to hear about your numerous shoulder dislocations.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Secondly, I stand behind my position that D-Wade is the biggest girl in the NBA. He exaggerates injuries in order to get simpathy from fans/refs/media - MANY athletes think this increases their star power when they can overcome adversity of such magnitude only to pour in 45 points the next game (Jordan did this with a split toe and the flu... the media made way to much of it then, and young athletes learned). So forgive me when I see D-Wade fall, only to pick himself back up again.... "wow, how brave"!

Marion does this too, except without the part about scoring 45 the next game. But we've all seen Marion writhe on the floor in agony, then bounce up and be back to normal within a couple of minutes. Maybe for some guys, the easiest way to deal with pain is to let it all out quickly.

We shouldn't use "girl" as a criticism, because that's sexist. But if you want a list of the biggest wusses in the league, Wade has some serious competition for the top spot. Ginobili is a contender automatically, and of lower-tier players, you'd have to include Quentin Richardson and Stromile Swift, each of whom sits for multiple games every time he gets a hangnail.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
It's odd how this all happened right before the Mavericks game hm? She's either the best actress in the world or it's karma.

Scot1

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, when Miami faces the Mavs, Wade always chokes, leading his team to utter defeat. Or is my memory tricking me again?

OP
OP
TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Marion does this too

Yes, but he doesn't make commercials of these episodes.

elindholm said:
We shouldn't use "girl" as a criticism, because that's sexist.

;) Sorry, you are right. I got carried away. But let's be honest, that is the best way to cut at a man's masculinity... well, the best moderately acceptable way.;)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when Miami faces the Mavs, Wade always chokes, leading his team to utter defeat. Or is my memory tricking me again?
Wade struggles in about three out of every seven games v. Dallas. Usually the first three.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wade considering season-ending surgery

Dwyane Wade, who is already expected to miss six weeks after dislocating his left shoulder, is considering a season-ending surgery in order to properly recover from his injury.

"Wade is presently weighing his treatment options provided to him by the Heat medical staff," the team said in a statement. "Wade still needs to discuss these options with his family and Heat president and head coach Pat Riley, and will then decide what course of action to take." It shouldn't be too long before we know his decision, but Wade may no longer be of assistance this fantasy season. Miami certainly won't rush him back before the playoffs, and owners should do their best to shore up the gaping hole in their rosters. Feb. 22 - 7:53 pm et

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score

Or maybe he can't back up his own words... in case your not watching the game the Mavs are torching them and Dirk is leading the way a leader should. Wade's team is lingering around the 500. mark, I don't think Dirk is going to take that insult too seriously.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If Wade opts for the surgery, will O'Neal show any effort at all from here on out? My guess is no.

OP
OP
TucsonDevil

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I wonder, at this stage, if the Miami heat aren't kicking themselves for not trying to bring in a scorer at the trade deadline. The could have had Marcus Banks for James Posey :)

O'Neil really is a shell of his former self (former, as in two years ago). I can't see him carrying this team past the first round of the playoffs. Unless, Gary Payton and Antoine Walker can conjur up spirits from the past, the Heat will be bounced by Detroit in 5 games, possibly 4.