Eagles, Rams, 49ers and Seattle fans THIS ONE'S FOR YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As a Cardinal die hard I just wanted to say....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY!!!!

the moment Fitz signed on for 4 more years YOU ALL WERE SAYING ****!!!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We should invade their boards like they did us and rub in that they are STILL without a legit WR!!! Suck it Eagles!!!

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We should invade their boards like they did us and rub in that they are STILL without a legit WR!!! Suck it Eagles!!!

Then they'll rub in playoff and super bowl appearances.

Besides, we should pretend to be classy for a little bit. At least until the season starts.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The last time I looked the Eagles have won as many Super Bowls as us...zero!!! That's all that matters.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Because we like trolls coming over giving us crap, right?

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
As a Cardinal die hard I just wanted to say....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BABY!!!!

the moment Fitz signed on for 4 more years YOU ALL WERE SAYING ****!!!
Is this dude serious? So we're all saying **** because you re-signed a guy that you already had - who has never helped get you to the playoffs - to a deal that gives him more in guaranteed money than any player has received on a contract that short in the history of the league?

Yeah. We're saying **** alright. So does having finally signed Fitzgerald to a four year deal now put you guys back in the running for major free agents like Alan Faneca or do you suddenly no longer feel that signing him was important because he got away behind the Fitz fiasco?

If I were you, I'd be VERY happy about getting Fitz back into the fold. But calling everyone over to hear you talk crap as if this situation didn't work out poorly for you is laughable. Make no mistake. The Cardinals caved in on this deal. Fitzgerald's original contract demands were 4 years with $32M in guarantees and the Cardinals were saying "No way!" The final deal? 4 years with $30M guaranteed. So with as many needs as the Cardinals have, they drug this negotiation out and missed the most crucial part of free agency over what amounts to $500K of cap room per year? That is what we call idiotic front office work.

Fitz is a great receiver and getting him back in the fold was a great move for you guys. But the way that this whole thing was carried out leaves most NFC West fans smiling at Fitzgerald, not cursing him. If it weren't for this whole thing being so protracted, God knows what great free agents you guys might have gotten inked in free agency... most notably one of the top 5 offensive linemen in all of football. **** indeed. ;)

NightHawk11and81

I love Daniela Hantuchova
Reaction score
Then they'll rub in playoff and super bowl appearances.

Besides, we should pretend to be classy for a little bit. At least until the season starts.

Who said anything about pretending? It's not pretend for me.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this dude serious? So we're all saying **** because you re-signed a guy that you already had - who has never helped get you to the playoffs - to a deal that gives him more in guaranteed money than any player has received on a contract that short in the history of the league?

Yeah. We're saying **** alright. So does having finally signed Fitzgerald to a four year deal now put you guys back in the running for major free agents like Alan Faneca or do you suddenly no longer feel that signing him was important because he got away behind the Fitz fiasco?

If I were you, I'd be VERY happy about getting Fitz back into the fold. But calling everyone over to hear you talk crap as if this situation didn't work out poorly for you is laughable. Make no mistake. The Cardinals caved in on this deal. Fitzgerald's original contract demands were 4 years with $32M in guarantees and the Cardinals were saying "No way!" The final deal? 4 years with $30M guaranteed. So with as many needs as the Cardinals have, they drug this negotiation out and missed the most crucial part of free agency over what amounts to $500K of cap room per year? That is what we call idiotic front office work.

Fitz is a great receiver and getting him back in the fold was a great move for you guys. But the way that this whole thing was carried out leaves most NFC West fans smiling at Fitzgerald, not cursing him. If it weren't for this whole thing being so protracted, God knows what great free agents you guys might have gotten inked in free agency... most notably one of the top 5 offensive linemen in all of football. **** indeed. ;)

Nice speech except for one teeny weeny little thing. The Cards would never have paid the salary Faneca got and they have been saying that since before free agency even started. And in case you hadn't noticed, we got 2 of the 3 FA's that visited us. What other great FA's are you talking about?

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Nice speech except for one teeny weeny little thing. The Cards would never have paid the salary Faneca got and they have been saying that since before free agency even started. And in case you hadn't noticed, we got 2 of the 3 FA's that visited us. What other great FA's are you talking about?
The team that just paid a guy $30M guaranteed on a four year deal "never" would have paid what Faneca got? Right. Perhaps they were saying they wouldn't pay it because they couldn't afford it given Fitzgerald's situation.

As far as free agent signings, yeah I noticed. You signed Jerame Tuman (which is about as noteworthy as our signing of Jeb Putzier) and Travis LaBoy (a downgrade from Calvin Pace who you couldn't afford to re-sign). The "other great FAs" I'm talking about are all the other guys who didn't bother to come thru or were never asked to come thru because no one wanted to waste their time talking to a team who couldn't possibly afford them. Are you honestly trying to say that the Fitzgerald situation didn't impede you guys from going after any of the upper echelon of free agents? That would be delusional.

Again, congrats on getting Fitz back. It was definitely important. But the original poster's assertion that the rest of the teams in the NFC were somehow deeply moved by Fitzgerald's return is ludicrous. While being a terrific player, he hasn't changed anything. And there's little doubt that he hurt his team this offseason. If the Cardinals were going to ultimately cave, they'd have been much better off doing it a month ago. That's a fact.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team that just paid a guy $30M guaranteed on a four year deal "never" would have paid what Faneca got? Right. Perhaps they were saying they wouldn't pay it because they couldn't afford it given Fitzgerald's situation.

As far as free agent signings, yeah I noticed. You signed Jerame Tuman (which is about as noteworthy as our signing of Jeb Putzier) and Travis LaBoy (a downgrade from Calvin Pace who you couldn't afford to re-sign). The "other great FAs" I'm talking about are all the other guys who didn't bother to come thru or were never asked to come thru because no one wanted to waste their time talking to a team who couldn't possibly afford them. Are you honestly trying to say that the Fitzgerald situation didn't impede you guys from going after any of the upper echelon of free agents? That would be delusional.

Again, congrats on getting Fitz back. It was definitely important. But the original poster's assertion that the rest of the teams in the NFC were somehow deeply moved by Fitzgerald's return is ludicrous. While being a terrific player, he hasn't changed anything. And there's little doubt that he hurt his team this offseason. If the Cardinals were going to ultimately cave, they'd have been much better off doing it a month ago. That's a fact.

Nope, you are wrong. The Cards never had any intention of going after any high priced free agents. RG has said so many times. That's why they never bring any FA's in the first couple of days of free agency. Let the other teams overpay and then get the people you want that are young and up and comers. We've had enough of older established players who come here to retire.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Nope, you are wrong. The Cards never had any intention of going after any high priced free agents. RG has said so many times. That's why they never bring any FA's in the first couple of days of free agency. Let the other teams overpay and then get the people you want that are young and up and comers. We've had enough of older established players who come here to retire.
Rod Graves is the same guy who said two years ago that the Cardinals wouldn't make any big splashes in free agency and then signed Edgerrin James - one of the biggest named RBs of the modern era - just a few days later. Yeah. I must be completely wrong. If Rod Graves said you guys weren't going to do something, clearly that's all there is to it. :thumbup:

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Rod Graves is the same guy who said two years ago that the Cardinals wouldn't make any big splashes in free agency and then signed Edgerrin James - one of the biggest named RBs of the modern era - just a few days later. Yeah. I must be completely wrong. If Rod Graves said you guys weren't going to do something, clearly that's all there is to it. :thumbup:

Cards picked up Edge after the big jump in the cap, everybodys situation changed, the cards were in a very good position if the cap had not gone up. Wasn't that the same one that cost you that gaurd...Hutch...oh, and your running game?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cards picked up Edge after the big jump in the cap, everybodys situation changed, the cards were in a very good position if the cap had not gone up. Wasn't that the same one that cost you that gaurd...Hutch...oh, and your running game?

What he said.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the new deal frees up more than 500k cap room per year.
You're right but you missed the point. The difference between the deal they were rejecting a month ago and the deal they finally accepted is a difference of 500k per year. Pretty negligible amount when it prohibits you from being a player in free agency.

Last edited:

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Um... no. It was transition tagging him instead of franchise tagging him that cost us Hutchinson. But I assume you already knew that and were just taking some off topic shot in the dark because you had no real point.

If you actually followed the point that was being made, you'd realize that how much cap you had two years ago is pretty irrelevant. The point the other poster made was that you guys weren't going after any big name free agents because Rod Graves said you weren't. My point was that he said that same exact thing just before you signed Edge. Get it? Alrighty then...

Last edited:

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Does this hurt Boldin when his contract runs out? Doesnt he got like 2 or 3 more years left though?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone took that ******** Lito Sheppard trade rumor seriously anyhow. Except for some Eagles fans, who were deficient in logic.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Um... no. It was transition tagging him instead of franchise tagging him that cost us Hutchinson. But I assume you already knew that and were just taking some off topic shot in the dark because you had no real point.

If you actually followed the point that was being made, you'd realize that how much cap you had two years ago is pretty irrelevant. The point the other poster made was that you guys weren't going after any big name free agents because Rod Graves said you weren't. My point was that he said that same exact thing just before you signed Edge. Get it? Alrighty then...

A little touchy about your own teams contract dealings? Seattle lost Hutch for much the same reason the Cards picked up James...there was a lot of money that came available with the Cap increase.

My point was simple and in contradiction to what you stated,
SeaChicken said:
Rod Graves is the same guy who said two years ago that the Cardinals wouldn't make any big splashes in free agency and then signed Edgerrin James - one of the biggest named RBs of the modern era - just a few days later. Yeah. I must be completely wrong. If Rod Graves said you guys weren't going to do something, clearly that's all there is to it.
It was a sequence of events that changes Grave's position, NOT Graves misleading anyone about his FA intentions.

1. Graves said no big free agents.
2. Huge increase in NFL cap.
3. Big splash in FA is possible and even needed since all teams are spending a lot of money to improve.

Finally, no reason to go all teenager just because you don't know what your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05