Early opinion on kickoffs.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first impression is kick it in the end zone.
It appears most kicks in the “ return zone” are returned to the 25-30 yard line anyway while risking a return.

Ideally if your kicker could kick a line drive and maybe get a squirrelly bounce that would be the best. However, come up short and they get it on the 40.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Teams are playing it close to the vest. I’m told there will be some fun plays as the season goes along.
The first Madden 25 trailer showed off a reverse run out of the new kickoff. I agree, this is going to be fun to see teams experiment. I absolutely hated the kickoff to nowhere we've had for the past 20 or so years and can't wait to see something new. At least it's a return now instead of an automatic kick out of the back of the endzone.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last year a kick in the end zone put the ball on the 25 yd.line. This year it’s the 30. Why risk a return or gimmick play for the 5 yard difference?
Yes, after a couple of bizarre returns, that’s exactly what’s going to happen. So in 2025, it’ll come out to the 35 lol. And in 2026, it’ll come out to the 40.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Guessing the majority of of kickoffs will be into the end zone once regular season starts. Just spot the ball at the 30 and go.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Like I mentioned in my thread on kickoffs.... .modified squib kick that hits the ground in the landing zone and bounces/rolls through the endzone...
No return. Ball spotted at the 20.