Edge James to visit Saturday

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How's Edge in the locker room?? I've never heard him getting into spats with teammates or anything. I thought I've heard that he is actually somewhat of a leader. Not something that is really needed with Boldin here....but still if he's a good teammate there should be no ego clashing.

Who knows. Maybe Edge is sick of Peyton Manning. A guy that rips his kicker during the Pro Bowl...and rips his Line after a playoff game..........maybe he's not the best guy in the world and now Edge is just sick of playing fiddle to a guy he doesn't like.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nidan said:
Odds are that nothing NFL teams say in public at this time of year is accurate. Particlualy when talking about FA and the draft.

I'm sure they had at least to main plans and we have no idea if EJ was in 1 or both of them. The good news is that his is in the plan now.

Yes I agree that is good news.

But Ian the CArds have clealry laid out their FA plans the last two seasons and followed them. There was no smokscreen as people like to say. SO why would we believe they had one this year? Makes no sense really.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rats said:
Another thing I was thinking is how much better would our OLine be with Edge behind it. I would think Davis and Ross would want to play that much better with a Franchise Back running behind them. Wells most likely is our LG and he isn't bad. Bring in a decent RG or move Ross there and bring in a RT and the Oline with Edge should be able to really gel. Center could be manned by Leckey and Step if Mawae or Bentley can't be had. I would be ok with this.

i love your enthusiasm, but adding edge won't improve our oline. they're the same guys and if they can't be motivated to block for one guy 'cuz he's not edge, i don't want 'em on my team. the oline still sucks.

sorry to be the wet blanket but i'll believe the cards have a shot at edge when he signs. i won't be the least bit surprised if he cancels or uses us as the old bargaining chip.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because last couple of years we had few options.

The roster was so appalling that only a concerted medium term effort could help. Last year showed the lack of depth, although no depth could have helped with our injuries.

This year things is a little different. Major players ar elocked up to long term deals, the hole in the roster are fairly obvious but not systemic [ie everywhere].

And yes, we have a lot of cash available so I wouldn't want to tip my hand of where I am going

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i love your enthusiasm, but adding edge won't improve our oline. they're the same guys and if they can't be motivated to block for one guy 'cuz he's not edge, i don't want 'em on my team. the oline still sucks.

sorry to be the wet blanket but i'll believe the cards have a shot at edge when he signs. i won't be the least bit surprised if he cancels or uses us as the old bargaining chip.

Ditto.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Doesn't he already have an offer from the Colts? I agree though it is unusual for a guy to visit us this early in the process.

Maybe he thinks we have the money to give him a big offer that he can then shop elsewhere?

Bill Polian was quoted in the Indy Star today as being doubtful about the Colts ability to resign either James or starting OLB David Thornton. They have 7-8 million in cap space but will need 3-4 million for rookies (the draft). I doubt Edge will be back in Indy if the Cardinals have legitimate interest.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I would tell him what Cotton Fitzsimmons told Charles Barkley when he showed him the Suns new arena.

"This place was built without you, and it will be filled after you're gone. There's one reason why you're here. And, that's to put championship banners right up there."

if i were edge and someone from the cards said this to me i'd laugh and get on plane back to indy 'cuz i'd rather not sign with a team that hires delusional personnel.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
vinnymac said:
like someone said before. why would the cardinals tell james to bring his agent if the cardinals were not going to after him.

what team in its right mind brings in a player w/o his agent? that's a stupid line of reasoning.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
How's Edge in the locker room?? I've never heard him getting into spats with teammates or anything. I thought I've heard that he is actually somewhat of a leader. Not something that is really needed with Boldin here....but still if he's a good teammate there should be no ego clashing.

I heard an Indy writer talking about Edge a few weeks back.

His pov is that Edge feels underappreciated in Indy -- that the credit for success is has been disproportionately given to Peyton and Harrison.

Called him a professional and a good locker room guy -- noted that after the one year franchise tag move, you didnt hear a single complaint, didnt see a single sulk, etc during the season.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
James and Culpepper and some defensive role players and the Cards might finally become respectable. That would be nice.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Sorry but Boldin and Fitz are still both stars in thsi league. He would still be considered nothing but a piece of the puzzel here. Whether Fitz/Boldin are humble or not they are gonna garner much attention.

Nah, you misunderstand me. Here he'd still be a puzzle piece, but he'd be considered an important one. There, he's considered an afterthought. At least, that's the perception I get of how he views the situation. Talking about the humbleness of Fitz and Boldin only serves to illustrate that they're not going to personally demand the star attention. I don't necessarily think Peyton or Harrison do either, but for better or worse, that's the way the team and the media have treated them. James would be moving from being low man on the totem pole to equal man, which I think is a kind of respect he's looking for. I don't think he needs to be the 'superstar' of the team, but he doesn't want to be the afterthought either.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm sure his agent is coming because the Cards will make a take it or leave it offer. No bidding. We will make him an offer and he will take it or leave with no hope of coming back.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slinslin said:
James and Culpepper and some defensive role players and the Cards might finally become respectable. That would be nice.

Culpepper isnt coming here. Its likely edge isnt either but would be nice.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
if i were edge and someone from the cards said this to me i'd laugh and get on plane back to indy 'cuz i'd rather not sign with a team that hires delusional personnel.

Well to be honest a stadium or new arena does often change things. Before AWA you could buy Suns playoff tickets on gameday at the Coliseum box office, you could get Suns regular season games for free from Circle K (buy 1 get 1 free for like getting a Thirstbuster and hot dog) and I clearly remember getting free tickets from my Jr High PE coach because the team gave out so many to schools for free just to put butts in the seats.

If the Cardinals put a good product on the field, with a new facility with more comfort for the fans people will fill up the stadium.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardNots said:
I'm sure his agent is coming because the Cards will make a take it or leave it offer. No bidding. We will make him an offer and he will take it or leave with no hope of coming back.

I like this plan and we have to make it an offer Edge and Rosenhaus cant refuse.

A-Bomb

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
abomb said:
I like this plan and we have to make it an offer Edge and Rosenhaus cant refuse.

A-Bomb
I agree this should be the approach also...I think that we could be getting played but I also think that Edge and his agent will be taking the offer seriously as we will be one of a handful of teams that could corner the FA market. So in a sense the Cardinals need the Edge but the Edge needs the Cardinals as well.:thumbup:

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If James signs here, then no LenDale White. Do we take a chance on Young, if he drops to us? If we address the OL and DT in Free agency, then Young would look like a no-brainer (no pun intended).

The Shark

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
If James signs here, then no LenDale White. Do we take a chance on Young, if he drops to us? If we address the OL and DT in Free agency, then Young would look like a no-brainer (no pun intended).

The Shark

No brainer to who? Its certainly not to many who just plain dont want him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:

The Shark
I would not rule out Vernon Davis if he falls to us but most likely he will go before we pick. VY should be on the radar at 10 but I think Huff would help us become an elite team quicker. I would like Hawk to fall to us there in all honesty. Grab a DT in the 2nd and a solid BPA in the 3rd. Draft a Qb in the 4th or 5th say maybe Grabowski and maybe Brad Smith in the 5th to be groomed as a KR and a Wr ala Randle El. Sign a solid backup for Warner for if he gets hurt.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let Vernon Davis and Vince Young go to somebody else in the Top 10. If we get Edge.......then we need to grab a Defensive stud.

Mario, Hawk, Huff, Greenway........if VD cracks the top 10 then one of them are almost certain to fall to us.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Of course its a no brainer whether Edge signs here or not! If Vince Young is there at #10 he will be a cardinal its not even debateable. While some of you would be disappointed with the pick if he is there its gonna happen they are not gonna pass on VY, and rightfully so if you do your just stupid.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Of course its a no brainer whether Edge signs here or not! If Vince Young is there at #10 he will be a cardinal its not even debateable. While some of you would be disappointed with the pick if he is there its gonna happen they are not gonna pass on VY, and rightfully so if you do your just stupid.
:lmao:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Whats funny shane? Something to say?

If you are going to call me stupid....you could at least use "you're" properly.;)