Emmitt on MNF?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else find it a bit odd that current Cardinal RB Emmitt Smith is in Dallas attending the Cowboys/Eagles game and I think standing on the Cowboys sideline?

They just showed him on MNF 5 minutes ago. Even the announcers seemed surprised, Al Michaels said "what is HE doing here?"

schel

This is our year!
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Was he wearing Cards gear?
No, he was wearing a Sean John shirt...

Now I feel embarrassed for even noticing that :(

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That struck me as a little funny as well, and not in a particularily good way. Go to those games after you retire.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Emmitt seemed a little uncomfortabel that the cameras caught him too. He said something like "Why you all filming me?"

it was a little wierd.... like seeing your wife coming out of your next door neighbor's house at 2 AM......

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
CardinalChris said:
it was a little wierd.... like seeing your wife coming out of your next door neighbor's house at 2 AM......

Lol, interesting analogy....

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
i agree...... he can go and stand on the "felons" aka cowboys sidelines when he is retired....... it is a little strange. dont care for it myself.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Really though, I think it is rather funny.

The Cowboys could really use him right now and he is in clear view of all the Cowboy fans and it is kinda like... "You guys made a mistake in letting me go". Look all you want Dallas, but you can't touch... you put the Ferrari up for sale because it was getting old and we bought it fair and square and it still has something left in the tank. Yeah, it bothers me a little bit but don't tell me Cowboy fans aren't going "Hey, that's Emmitt, he is playing really well for the CARDINALS this year." :D

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Emmitt was giving the Cardinals some major love.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
What did he say?

He talked the Cards up quite a bit. He said it reminded him of the Cowboys teams when they started turning it around.

Mostly it was talking about Dennis Green and the team turning around and trying to get above .500. It wasn't anything too interesting but it was nice to have the Cards complimented on national TV

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
What did he say?

He said he loves playing for Green, we're on a roll, working hard. Closest thing he's been around since Dallas in the winning years. I will say he did a nice job of promoting the Cards and Green. But I STILL think it was just weird and you could see at first he wasn't really glad that ABC was talking to him and I'm fairly certain it was because he knew it would appear odd.

Tafoya asked him about the hit by Roy Williams last year too, he said he's trying to forget about it.

I just can't remember another current player standing on his old teams sideline during a game.

In no way do I think Emmitt is a traitor, it just seemed weird.

Wildfire

Registered
Reaction score
Pleasae, let's all get a grip.

Emmitt is a Cardinal, and from the comments he made tonite, he's happy to be a Cardinal and thinks that the Cards are really going in the right direction and thinks that Green is the right coach , at the right time, for the Cards.

And let's not forget, Emmit invested a great deal of his football life to the Cowboys, and I for one, don't hold that against him, or the fact that he still has strong feelings and emotions for the cowboys.

I booed with everyone else when he was a felon, and I'll continue to cheer for him as a Cardinal, even when he shows up in Dallas on MNF. :thumbup: :wave:

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
But I STILL think it was just weird and you could see at first he wasn't really glad that ABC was talking to him and I'm fairly certain it was because he knew it would appear odd.

He told today's Dan Patrick Show on ESPN radio that he would be at the dallas/Philly game.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Emmitt has left the building!

Told Michelle Tafoya - "I'm outta here after this. Got a meeting in the morning." Then the cameras follow him walking through a tunnel. :wave:

I'm amazed he would fly out to spend time on MNF and leave early to fly back to get back to AZ for his normal 5am workout routine and attend a team meeting. That's dedication. Don't you think the all-time leading rusher might be excused from a Tuesday morning meeting if he asked, but that's not Emmitt Smith's way of taking care of business. It was nice that they paid him a tribute for breaking the milestone.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He was only there to get a good laugh at all of the "stupid" players Parcells was talking about. :D

No really. He was their to start recruiting some future FA's.

From the Cowboys

Starting DT - Leonardo Carson
Oline Depth - Matt Lehr

From the Eagles

Starting DE - Derrick Burgess
Starting DT - Corey Simon
LB Depth - J. Trotter(who by the way is having a good game starting for the first time this year)
RB - Brian Westbrook.

He was also their to get some national exposure for the Cards. What a genius idea, I love it.:D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redmark said:
Told Michelle Tafoya - "I'm outta here after this. Got a meeting in the morning." Then the cameras follow him walking through a tunnel. :wave:

I'm amazed he would fly out to spend time on MNF and leave early to fly back to get back to AZ for his normal 5am workout routine and attend a team meeting. That's dedication. Don't you think the all-time leading rusher might be excused from a Tuesday morning meeting if he asked, but that's not Emmitt Smith's way of taking care of business. It was nice that they paid him a tribute for breaking the milestone.

Tuesday is the player's day off. Team meetings and/or practices are not allowed. He might be in Dallas for business. That would be my guess.

chickenhead

Reaction score
The ESPN GameNight hosts were 2-1 against it, 3-1 including me. I mean, I don't "really" care, but I don't think he should have been on the sidelines. It seemed disingenuous towards Cards fans. I'm sure he didn't mean it that way, but he probably shoul have known better. As the hosts pointed out, the Cards are giving him the opportunity to keep racking up these all-time records that the Cowboys wouldn't give him. Talking up the Cards was good, though.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

MNF did a little highlight feature of Emmitt getting his 2 td's in Sunday's game, and him going over 18,000.
When he was being interviewed on the sideline, ABC threw up a Cardinals logo.
NATIONAL pub for the Cards - I'm fine with it....

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
anyone ever thought he was there to celebrate going over 18,000 yards? He was probably there as a special guest of JJ and maybe other business ventures.

so what????

Last edited: