Emmitt on MNF?

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
So of these many times can you say name 3 times where a current player was on the sidelines of his old team, midseason?

That's all we're saying, that's not common.

Russ, I had already included the following in my original post on the thread:
CardLogic said:
Generally it isn't in a city where the player has played most of his HOF career, but you see players from other teams on the sidelines all the time.

My memory is not all that clear; gettin' old, too much partying when younger; so I can't list three; but I believe that I recall Joe Namath doing so years ago!

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
Russ, I had already included the following in my original post on the thread:

My memory is not all that clear; gettin' old, too much partying when younger; so I can't list three; but I believe that I recall Joe Namath doing so years ago!

Not doubting you I just can't recall ever seeing a current player on the sideline of his former team.

If he has on a Cards hat, I'd never have even posted.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
All the games are played within hours of each other on Sunday afternoons, except for Thanksgiving, a few Thursday's and on Monday night. So it would be almost impossible for this to have happened "all the time".

Emmitt LIVES in Dallas. Still.

He rents a home in Paradise Valley to sleep in during the week.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Not doubting you I just can't recall ever seeing a current player on the sideline of his former team.

If he has on a Cards hat, I'd never have even posted.

Keith Tkachuck got skewerd absolutely skewerd for showing up at the World Series with Boston Garb on.

That in itself is a little different because he wore the other teams colors and it isn't in the sport he plays in but still the concept is the same.

It's in bad taste and it generated one of the funniest lines ever.

The talk radio guys said well at least this time he showed up for the playoffs.... :D

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Personally I think it sucks, and would only happen with a player from the Cardinals.

Totally lame. But, I will forgive him. No use in fretting over it for more time than it took me to type this.