Emmitt on MNF?

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Emmitt is a "class" act. "Nuff said

Why was he in Dallas?? Lots of possible "reasons". He was "invited" by the NFL who wanted to "celebrate" his accomplishment/ Business reasons, as was suggested/ Cowboys' "reunion",as was also suggested. I personnally don't have any problem w/it. BUT I will say this, when Emmitt broke the "record" and he was on the sidelines, on camera, during the Giant game, he didn't start hot-doggin', and "look at me world I'm better than GOD"/ You could tell he was STILL focused on his teammates and winning the game. ...And the good, no GREAT, "comments" he had to say about what's going w/HIS team?? OUTSTANDING!! I came away "jazzed". GO CARDS!! ...And THANK-YOU Mr. Smith for being a true pro and a man to be respected. GO CARDS!!

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
there was no halftime reunion.

What a joke!

Maybe we should be bring back Kasper, Rice, Pittman, etc. to stand on the sideline for a future game!!!!

This pisses me off.

Being on the sideline means he is supporting that team (cowboys).

They are our enemy during the season.

He is a current Cardinals player.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i'll make sure Emmitt and the rest of the players check with the posters on this board the next time he decides to do whatever he wants on "HIS" day off :rolleyes:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
there's the inherent problem - WE ALL THINK ABOUT THIS STUFF TOO MUCH!

Was it weird? Yeah - but honestly - who cares - Oh, other fans might give us crap - that's ncie as we continue to demoralize the rest of the league because their teams lost to GASP the Cardinals!

It's not that big of a deal. I'm pretty sure every guy in that locker room KNOWS Emmitt would have liked to retire a Cowboy, but I think they SEE every week him giving it all he's got on the field - not because he's a Cardinal - but because Emmitt doesn't know how to play any other way.

Here - I'll do us all a favor and send this thread on a tangent:

Mike Vick is better thasn Jake Plummer.

Josh McCown should be benched.

It was weird because it was wrong, end of story. Will the players here question him on it no, will coach Green no but in the end it was wrong and he can ride off into the sunset like all good cowboys should and get off my team.

I grew up hating, loathing the Cowboys, I respect Emmitt for what he has done and there are still things I dislike about him. One he was a Cowboy, he is still a Cowboy and the last but not least one is that he is a Cowboy.

He can get the hell off the team I root for anytime now thank you very much.

Maybe this comes from a time when there was actually a rivalry between the two teams that went dormant until 1998 or so but whatever I hate the Cowboys and wish them nothing but doom and that goes for everyone to ever put on that uniform for more that even a couple of years.

Hambrick escaped in the proper way and so shall not endure my wrath.... :D

Last edited:

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
I hope he didn't provoke the wrath of the football gods last night. We've got enough problems as it is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
He can get the hell off the team I root for anytime now thank you very much.

:D

sheesh - talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face.

I don't really get the hating the Cowboys thing so much anymore - there never was a rivarly between the two teams or between us and anyone - everyone used to kick our ass and that was it. Now we're not even in the same division, so who cares. Holding on to the past will only cloud your future and to say Emmitt can get the hell off this right right now, when he's been one of THE main reasons it is where it is almost as foolish as thinking that Ego has nothing to do with Green continuing to start Josh. Conrad - I don't believe it's all ego - but do you honestly believe that a man with an ego the size of DG's has nothing to do with why Josh is still in there?

This whole debate really goes to show we all have too much time on our hands.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NeverSayDieFan said:
Why was he in Dallas?? Lots of possible "reasons". He was "invited" by the NFL who wanted to "celebrate" his accomplishment/ Business reasons, as was suggested/ Cowboys' "reunion",as was also suggested. I personnally don't have any problem w/it. BUT I will say this, when Emmitt broke the "record" and he was on the sidelines, on camera, during the Giant game, he didn't start hot-doggin', and "look at me world I'm better than GOD"/ You could tell he was STILL focused on his teammates and winning the game. ...And the good, no GREAT, "comments" he had to say about what's going w/HIS team?? OUTSTANDING!! I came away "jazzed". GO CARDS!! ...And THANK-YOU Mr. Smith for being a true pro and a man to be respected. GO CARDS!!

18000 wasn't a record it was a nice round number, he's already got the record every time he gains a yard he adds to it.

Sorry I just hate the round number obsession in sports.

To be consistent Fox should cut in EVERY time Emmitt gains a yard to tell us he broke the record.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
sheesh - talk about cutting off the nose to spite the face.

I don't really get the hating the Cowboys thing so much anymore - there never was a rivarly between the two teams or between us and anyone - everyone used to kick our ass and that was it. Now we're not even in the same division, so who cares. Holding on to the past will only cloud your future and to say Emmitt can get the hell off this right right now, when he's been one of THE main reasons it is where it is almost as foolish as thinking that Ego has nothing to do with Green continuing to start Josh. Conrad - I don't believe it's all ego - but do you honestly believe that a man with an ego the size of DG's has nothing to do with why Josh is still in there?

This whole debate really goes to show we all have too much time on our hands.

Honestly I'm 39 so that means I grew up liking the Cardinals when they were actually good, not great but playoff good for several years. The Cowboys are THE arch enemy to me.

Jackie Smith dropping that sure touchdown for the Cowboys is Karma plain and simple and you just don't ever lose that kind of feeling.

Emmitt does a good job, he is dedicated and works hard, those are his good points, his bad points are that he is overly obsessed with records and he has a bit of a superiority complex that while normal for these times is still annoying to me.

Cheese the dude was defending Mac, by defending Mac he was trying to keep a coach that he knew was awful to make sure he got his carries plain and simple.

I am sure he was suprised DG played him but DG isn't stupid, he knew Emmitt had enough left to help and that if he played it right he'd also avoid getting the older Bidwill really ticked at him. DG is not stupid.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Here's the way I look at Emmitt:

This is the "face" of the dominant NFL team of the 90's. Always will be. We used to throw golf balls at him in Sun Devil Stadium. WE were the team that ENDED the run in 1998. (one of my top 5 Cardinal moments)

Then we decide it would be a good idea to sign this guy, so we could appeal to all those cowpuke fans that have tormented Cardinal fans at OUR HOME GAMES for years.

So, I'm looking for a silver lining, I'm thinking, Emmitt's here for one reason, to pad his stats. Hmmm, I guess I don't have a problem with that, since while he's padding his stats, he's actually helping us. (although I think he takes himself out of games he's not interested in)

If we end up winning with him, it will be because of a cowpuke castoff, and he steals the light once again, and those former fans of his will be quick to point this out to us Cardinal fans.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lex said:
If we end up winning with him, it will be because of a cowpuke castoff, and he steals the light once again, and those former fans of his will be quick to point this out to us Cardinal fans.

And then he'll leave and we will keep on winning, because it's Denny who will be the reason.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Personally I could care less if Emmitt stands on the sidelines on Monday Night Football in Dallas. Why would he go there to rah rah the Cowboys when it was the Head Coach (Parcells) who wanted him gone so that he could make the team in his image. Maybe Emmitt went just to laugh in Parcells face.

George Brett did a similar thing 22 years ago when he showed up at the St. Louis Cardinals/Milwaukee Brewers World Series game wearing a Cardinal hat and sitting in the dugout with Cardinals manager Whitey Herzog. The media in Kansas City went nuts calling Brett a traitor when he was actually just showing up in St. Louis to show support for his former boss (Herzog).

I don't think the Emmitt thing is a big deal at all.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Big difference Holian.

George Brett did it AFTER the season, in the WS.

This is DURING a current season.

They talked a little about this on the afternoon KDUS show. Took a couple three calls, of course they were all cowpuke fans. The first one said he thought Emmitt was just showing RESPECT to the organization that he played for, for 10 years.

If I was Denny Green, I'd bench him.

But I'm not Denny, so whatever he does is fine with me.

StatsAmare

Playin' 110%
Reaction score
i personally don't care if Emmit stays in dallas on monday and doesn't come back until saturday night, as long as he gets across the goalline on sunday. We must admit, we wouldn't be 4-5 without him. I just want the cards to win.:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lex said:
Beef-

I said Bench him, not cut him.

BTW, Mike Vick is better than Jake Plummer? At what?

Leading his team to victories.

Reaction score
I am stupid for even commenting on this, but...

Emmitt was in Dallas for a business meeting, those were his words.

Now if an NFL player happens to be in another city where a NFL game is being played and has the time, I expect that he would attend the game. And where will he be in the stadium... in the cheap seats??? Not freakin' likely, he will be on the sidelines. I have seen this many times before, as an NFL player the dude gets a sideline pass.

Generally it isn't in a city where the player has played most of his HOF career, but you see players from other teams on the sidelines all the time.

It's not like he was on the Cowboys bench.

Give it a rest, geeeesssh!!! :hairraise

If Emmitt continues to play as he has lately for the CARDINALS, I might start to forget that he ever was a Cowboy! :cards:

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
I am stupid for even commenting on this, but...

Emmitt was in Dallas for a business meeting, those were his words.

Now if an NFL player happens to be in another city where a NFL game is being played and has the time, I expect that he would attend the game. And where will he be in the stadium... in the cheap seats??? Not freakin' likely, he will be on the sidelines. I have seen this many times before, as an NFL player the dude gets a sideline pass.

:

So of these many times can you say name 3 times where a current player was on the sidelines of his old team, midseason?

That's all we're saying, that's not common.

Hell I've seen stuff in the Bay area where a guy is laughing and shaking hands with guys off his ex team, and his current team gets furious about it. One of Beasley's complaints about Brandon Lloyd was after a loss he was joking around with 2 guys on the opposing team. Supposedly, per Lloyd, one he played with in highschool, the other in college, was just catching up with them.

I just don't think this is common at all.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
at least he wasnt flying back to dallas between games to face trial.

kobe