ESPN News just reported..... (Old Thread - March 2005)

insider1

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
well what did they say has it been reported by fox sports radio or not

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Just spoke to the Brick show and they know nothing definitive about James coming here. Only thought it would make perfect sense.

Sorry, nothing more.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
******** - I want confirmation~!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so B fricken bogus its not even funny. Something would have been said by some media outlet by now in the time that peolpe have been waiting for some news!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone call Jureki, I am sure he would rip it and then it would be all over the news. :wave:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Those sons of bitc**'s! I'm sorry but that was a set up. I just got on right after the caller I just talked about and said "I'm just trying to confirm what the last caller said. I read on ARIZONE SPORTS FANS NETWORK that Edge might be coming to the Cards for a 2nd round pick." They said, "just a second round pick? C'mon, nooooo..." and then hung up on me. The first guy sounded a lot like the guy I talked to when I first called.

Something tells me they're covering their bases.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting here staring at this screen and almost nodding off. C'mon... Something happen. It's past my bedtime.

Pretty exciting though. Even the dog can't go to sleep. He's sitting in my lap staring at the screen.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Shane H said:
This is so B fricken bogus its not even funny. Something would have been said by some media outlet by now in the time that peolpe have been waiting for some news!

I think we are stuck waiting until tomorrow!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
I'm sitting here staring at this screen and almost nodding off. C'mon... Something happen. It's past my bedtime.

Pretty exciting though. Even the dog can't go to sleep. He's sitting in my lap staring at the screen.

:biglaugh:

your dog - :shock:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL_FAN said:

Wait just to prove its a bogus assumption and nothing more.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
NFL_FAN said:

Until around 2 AM thats when Sommers new articles are updated onto AZCentral. If there's any truth to it he'll mention it.

For those wondering why this may not be carried on several media outlets yet, its because they said it COULD happen soon.

Could = speculation term, most media wait until there is validation.

We'll know fairly soon one way or the other if there is any truth to this rumor

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
Warner on the play action to Edge, steps back, lots of time, sees Boldin open in the endzone, throws a 40 yd strike....TOUCHDOWN BIG RED :fans:

insider1

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
hey where is that damn claymation puppet john clayton when you really need him.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Here is the best I can find off of AZ Insider:

ESPN reporting Edge to Cards in the works? Is this true?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone reported it on the Vikes page.

LOVE IT if it happens.

What a team the Cards will field next year. BOOM! Just hope you don't trade Boldin to the Vikes. Vikes could use him but I am a fan of Vikes 1st Cards 2nd.

Lived in AZ and knew hardly anything about them. Got to meet Ken Harvey at a mall signing and really started liking them. I was in town for Buddy ball but never really liked what I saw. Been a huge Cards fan for over 10 years.

So you could say the pass to Poole in the end zone was a double edged sword to me. First the Vikes were booted from the playoffs (which they had no chance of winning but it was a downer) but 2nd and most important the Cards missed the 1st pick overall in the draft. That catch screwed everything up in my opinion. But here we are and both teams look much improved already. Would LOVE EDGE A Cardinal. ABSOLUTELY. If not there - A Vike.

Denny is a winner. I don't care what anybody says about his Playoffs skills. He brough Culpepper and Moss to Minnesota and that is pretty impressive. The Cardinals are in great hands.

Edge would be the biggest thing to ever happen to the AZ Cards.

BY FAR!

thebomb85019
On My Way!
(3/12/05 1:57:26 am)
Reply Re: ESPN reporting Edge to Cards in the works? Is this true
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some message boards around the league say that the trade was done already. People heard it off ESPN but i have found nothing offical.

Next Topic >>

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I hate to say it(but I'm not surprised), but Fox screwed up. Are you going to tell me that they had someone from AZ call in right before me with pretty much the same question but not exactly the same? The SOB's hung up on me just for mentioning that we could get him for a 2nd round pick! That's been reported everywhere! Why would they hang up on me unless this what they reported was false? I hope it wasn't but I have a feeling it was. BTW, did anyone hear it? I was so thrown by the caller before me because he sounded so much like the guy I talked to when I called in.

SOMEONE CALL MULDER!!!!

I'm going to bed.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Syracusecards said:
I hate to say it(but I'm not surprised), but Fox screwed up. Are you going to tell me that they had someone from AZ call in right before me with pretty much the same question but not exactly the same? The SOB's hung up on me just for mentioning that we could get him for a 2nd round pick! That's been reported everywhere! Why would they hang up on me unless this what they reported was false? I hope it wasn't but I have a feeling it was. BTW, did anyone hear it? I was so thrown by the caller before me because he sounded so much like the guy I talked to when I called in.

SOMEONE CALL MULDER!!!!

I'm going to bed.

May have been me. I called in a few minutes ago referencing Tim Rosenbaugh and Jim McMahon. They hung up on me too and I didn't hear the full resonse.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I'm very bitter right now. It's 2am on the East Coast so I'm going to bed. I'm sure I'll check in on my way to the bathroom so all you west sieeeeeds, keep us posted.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
I have to be up in 6 hours, if I had any fact or fiction to this rumor, it would be a lot easier to fall asleep. I am going crazy here, someone please get some confirmation on this.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
40yearfan said:
Is anybody an ESPN Insider? If so you could check out their rumor section on their website.

This is what ESPN Insider shows...

Mar. 11 - The Indianapolis Star lists four teams as possible suitors for James, whom the Colts are willing to trade after coming to the realization they can't sign him to the kind of long-term contract he is seeking. Agent Drew Rosenhaus told the paper the Colts won't necessarily demand a high price for James, potentially making acquiring the frachised running back easier on some teams.

According to the paper, the Cardinals meet all the criteria to be a legitimate suitor, but the team might choose to draft a running back with the No. 8 overall pick next month. Miami makes sense, as well, but coach Nick Saban has indicated the team isn't willing to give up much. Would a package of Patrick Surtain and a draft pick get it done?

Tampa Bay also needs a running back but still is experiencing salary-cap difficulty and might not be able to fit James in. The Star suggests a trade of Ronde Barber and a draft pick for James. The 49ers have both cap space and multiple draft picks to deal, plus the paper suggests they could include RB Kevan Barlow in a trade.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Damn I've been away the whole afternoon and what did I came back to? James might be headed to the Cardinals for a second round pick. I'm tired and sleepy like hell but now will be up with you yahoos to see if the story is true or not. :D

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Damn I've been away the whole afternoon and what did I came back to? James might be headed to the Cardinals for a second round pick. I'm tired and sleepy like hell but now will be up with you yahoos to see if the story is true or not. :D

:stupid:......... :wave:

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
I have to be up in 6 hours, if I had any fact or fiction to this rumor, it would be a lot easier to fall asleep. I am going crazy here, someone please get some confirmation on this.

:stupid:

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
BigRedVol said:
Warner on the play action to Edge, steps back, lots of time, sees Boldin open in the endzone, throws a 40 yd strike....TOUCHDOWN BIG RED :fans:

McCown on the play action to Edge, steps back, lots of time, sees Boldin open in the endzone, throws a 40 yd strike....TOUCHDOWN BIG RED