ESPN Reports Cards Change Mind

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
What are the odds Kurt turns it around and stops turning the ball over, Rats? Seriously...the IF isn't a shot in the dark. Dude has a serious problem and has cost us game(s). He will continue to do so.

I hope he turns it around and plays lights out, but that's a much bigger IF than him kicking us in the ass over the next three games.

And no amount of hoodoo is going to change reality...the team doesn't have much left in the tank in regard to supporting Kurt.

He may or may not. But if Rowen (Who everyone has given a freepass to, along with the OL this week) gameplans to use the Tightend more and to run the ball 35 plus times and utilize the Rb as a saftey valve, then I see Kurt bouncing back and having a good game on the road. We have to win with him or rebuild with Leinart, I think Kurt needs at least one more game to show he can still get it done. The team as you and others say have not given up on him. Boldin came out and said that Kurt was his guy....Edge was complaining about the gameplaning and not being used as much...I did not read into it that he threw Kurt under the bus like others did. He wants to have the rock. Fumbles are part of football, but you can limit those problems with good execution and good gameplanning. I think we have lacked both on offense the last 2 games. That falls on DG and on Rowen.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
At 1-4 or 1-5 going to Matt is tantamout to giving up on the season. At 1-2 going to Matt is trying to salvage the season.

D-D:

Going to Matt Leinart at any time in 2006--unless he's replacing an injured starter, like any backup QB is expected to do--is nothing more or less than on-the-job training for 2007. Teams typically don't "salvage the season" by putting in a rookie QB who's never taken a regular-season snap from center.

WC

seesred

Reaction score
Denny will be damned if he did change and he will be damned by sticking with Warner./ He is in a no win situation unless Warner plays well enough to stop the change now folks. Everybody is a great Monday morning QB or coach. I would have been happy with Matt and I will stay behind Warner if thats the decision.

GBR

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
NO LESS than 24 points and ZERO turn overs this next game or Warner should be carrying a clip board after this week...........

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
I bet Bidwill had his say and stepped in to stop any escalators that Matt would have gotten. Add in a tough away game and the fact that Matt really isn't up to par on the offense. I have no probs with giving Warner another shot but he will be on a short leash!! One fumble and he is out!!

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We'll see, hope he's right, I still think Warner is goofy from the hit, concussions can last several weeks.

For whatever reason, I decided to make haiku out of this line

We'll hope he's right
Warner goofy from the hit
concussions last weeks

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
NO LESS than 24 points and ZERO turn overs this next game or Warner should be carrying a clip board after this week...........

ICF:

You're a tough critic. Even after getting pasted by New Orleans 23-3, Atlanta has only given up an average of 10.7 ppg (5th in the league). And the only TD scored on the Falcons defenders in three games was on the ground, which isn't good news for the pass-oriented Cardinals. Neither is the 5.34 yards-per-attempt allowed by Atlanta's pass defense.

All I want from Warner this week is smart, mistake-free play. Secure the ball, take the sack, throw it away when necessary. Don't try to win the game--and don't lose it--single-handedly.

I fully expect the Cardinals to lose this game. But if Warner plays well, and the o-line settles in, I think the Cards can win three of the following four games, and be at .500 by the bye. :thumbup:

WC

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-D:

Going to Matt Leinart at any time in 2006--unless he's replacing an injured starter, like any backup QB is expected to do--is nothing more or less than on-the-job training for 2007. Teams typically don't "salvage the season" by putting in a rookie QB who's never taken a regular-season snap from center.

WC

I'd tend to agree in almost every case, but you have to admit that Warner is playing like a rookie QB himself.

I originally was in favor of letting Warner play in ATL and if he failed again, bring in Leinart at home. I watched the game over yesterday, looked back at plays from Seattle and looked at the numbers and changed my mind.

I'm more worried about Kurt in ATL than Leinart...fingers are crossed of course but my thoughts on Warner vs. Matt aren't a statement on Leinart's fantastic ability at all...they are a result of Warner's playing like a rookie who hasn't taken a snap from center in an NFL game.

The interception underthrown to a wide open Bergen that would have been six against Seattle is one of the key plays that stand out in my mind. That was a rookie throw...and not a superstar rookie...a 5th rounder rookie.

With all that said...let's go Kurt!!!!!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I officially lost my give a !#!@

This team is run by clowns, leaking this intentionally then going back to Warner, yeah that's gonna make him stop being a fumbler or stop turning the ball over like you can scare someone out of that.

:rolleyes:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This team is run by clowns, leaking this intentionally then going back to Warner, yeah that's gonna make him stop being a fumbler or stop turning the ball over like you can scare someone out of that.

I get what you are saying, but you got to think a little pressure will either make Kurt step up which we all want... or he will shrivel and the decision will be clear.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but you got to think a little pressure will either make Kurt step up which we all want... or he will shrivel and the decision will be clear.

I get it but historically his reaction to pressure from a franchise QB seems to be utter implosion.

See Bulger and then later more aptly, Manning.

Personally I'd rather DG had skipped the confirmation step as I fear it will be one more L in the books but what do I know.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score

Man, what are you talking about? There is no proof, real or otherwise, that there even was a leak, much less an intentional one. This whole story is nothing more than media speculation gone wild.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sharing your pain, Big Guy! This is like seeing a car crash unfold in front of you. You are powerless to stop it and can only hope for the best.

The Shark

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Man, what are you talking about? There is no proof, real or otherwise, that there even was a leak, much less an intentional one. This whole story is nothing more than media speculation gone wild.

Can you prove it wasn't leaked, if not then move along.

I don't appreciate being called out like a child when you have no more proof it wasn't leaked than I have proof it was, it's an opinion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here it comes.....the infamous Cheese Wiz waffle.....wait for it....wait for it.....and if Kurt throws 3 tds and looks steller are we going to have to endure another Kurt vs Leinart PLEASE READ Cheese hysteria led posting free for all like this Mort rumor led you to that says KURT IS NOW...or something to that effect. You should have stayed on sabbatical. Your production has went way up on this board and way down on the manuscript. Just my opinion.:D

was this really necessary? Just a flat out personal attack that has absoultely nothing to do with football?

oh - and screenwriters write SCREENPLAYS - not manuscripts.

Rats

Reaction score
was this really necessary? Just a flat out personal attack that has absoultely nothing to do with football?

oh - and screenwriters write SCREENPLAYS - not manuscripts.

I just felt it was grandstanding the way you highlight your post PLEASE READ, as if looking for attention....don't take it to personal...I am sure you can come up with more stuff to secure your darksider status.....carry on.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don’t think that is the case. The headline should read….. ESPN’s Chris Mortensen was Wrong.
He jumped the gun trying to get the scoop on everyone. It backfired and instead of taking the blame he puts it back on Green and the Cards. In his report he even said that Green didn’t say it but he was going to make the call that ML was starting.

It made little sense to start a rookie in the third game of the season no matter what angle you at it from. Make about as much sense as sitting Manning by the NYG because he threw 3 interceptions. Leinhart's time will come but it should not be this week or until we have been eliminated or Warner has totally lost it. Replacing the QB is not going to solve all those other problems this team has. I am puzzled as to why Cards fans are ready to drop a QB like a hot potato at any time and for any reason.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
did kurt bring his wife in and threaten to leave the team if he didnt start? or am i getting this confused with another az football story?

i can already see the excuses coming from pro-warner ppl after he has 3 turnovers next week.

- he feels insecure about his job so he let that affect his play
- ATL's defense is so awesome what did u expect
- the o-line played horrible
- he's just in a funk, he'll come outta it
- how can u bench a super bowl mvp

im tired of this crap. if we lose this weekend, leinart better start vs the chiefs. why waste another season with a washed up qb

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just felt it was grandstanding the way you highlight your post PLEASE READ, as if looking for attention....don't take it to personal...I am sure you can come up with more stuff to secure your darksider status.....carry on.

Lets keep away from the personal attacks.

Thanks!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened did the players from ASU tell Green they like Kurt better?

To be fair to Green initial reports may have been wrong all along but if he really changed his mind it sends an awful message both to Kurt, and to the team about his confidence in his QB.

I really doubt that's what happened because a local news guy, LaCava, basically just skewered the ESPN story last night and said Warner was still the starter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeesh, sue me if I was trying to implore people not to get into the petty arguments (which I was heavily involved in previously) over the QB controversy. Sorry for trying to actually make amends for earlier transgressions. What an idiot I am - as you again attack me above.

There is no darkside, only reality.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You guys are just nuts glad your not in charge or we would just tank the season to get leinart some experience. Rediculous Warner should have gotten the start all along and probally has been. Mort is an idiot for reporting an UNCONFIRMED rumor like it was fact not the first time this idiot has done that. Like I said before it wasn't even confirmed by the cards and now you see why. Clearly Warner should start and gives us the best chance to win, Leinarts time will come just not yet.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clearly Warner should start and gives us the best chance to win, Leinarts time will come just not yet.
How is that "clear" again? Is he planning on fumbling forward for a few extra yards this week in hops that Q will recover? If he counting on Hall running the wrong way when he throws a pick to him?

I'm okay with Warner starting again, but it's by no means "clear" that Warner give us the best chance to win. He certainly didn't give us the best chance to win last week, and it's arguable that he gave us the best chance to win the week before in Seattle.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You guys are just nuts glad your not in charge or we would just tank the season to get leinart some experience. Rediculous Warner should have gotten the start all along and probally has been. Mort is an idiot for reporting an UNCONFIRMED rumor like it was fact not the first time this idiot has done that. Like I said before it wasn't even confirmed by the cards and now you see why. Clearly Warner should start and gives us the best chance to win, Leinarts time will come just not yet.

We're nuts?

Why because we believe Warner is washed up, so we don't require as many games confirmation of that as you seem to, but let us know when you get there, when the team is lying in a burning heap and all hope is lost, that's a great time to "get it".

I'm not wanting to start Leinart to start the future, I want to save the season, I think Leinart's the best chance we have because I think Warner is that bad.

We'll see.

Rats

Reaction score
Yeesh, sue me if I was trying to implore people not to get into the petty arguments (which I was heavily involved in previously) over the QB controversy. Sorry for trying to actually make amends for earlier transgressions. What an idiot I am - as you again attack me above.

There is no darkside, only reality.

You implored them, and then didn't follow your own advice, attention grab at its finest...I have been asked....to stay away from this and talk Football...by both you and a mod so to answer your question,....probably not neccassary .