ESPN Reports Cards Change Mind

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pariah get a grip man! Warner has years and years of experience that alone puts him LIGHT YEARS ahead of Leinart at this point. Enough said!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah get a grip man! Warner has years and years of experience that alone puts him LIGHT YEARS ahead of Leinart at this point. Enough said!
Just because you put a period at the end of the sentence with "enough said," doesn't make it correct.

Do I really need to go into the list of QBs that have years of experience that you wouldn't want anywhere near a Cardinals uniform?

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about you give me a list of Superbowl winning MVP's benched for a rookies with 0 experience after 3 games?? Its ******** to think Leinart gives us a better shot at winning wake up get over the game and think logically man!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You implored them, and then didn't follow your own advice, attention grab at its finest...I have been asked....to stay away from this and talk Football...by both you and a mod so to answer your question,....probably not neccassary .

how so? Did I call anyone in that thread a "Warner-lover"? That was all I tried to convey in that thread was that those type of 'flaming" terms not be thrown around - I didn't ask anyone to shut down all discourse on the controversy - so how exactly did I not follow my own advice there?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about you give me a list of Superbowl winning MVP's benched for a rookies with 0 experience after 3 games?? Its ******** to think Leinart gives us a better shot at winning wake up get over the game and think logically man!

Come on dude.... do you really think someone that gives up 3 turnovers a game gives us a better chance to win? Who gives a crap about his Super Bowl MVPs? What has he done lately? Nothing!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

so now people are nuts, ********... what's coming next here?

What I think doesn't make sense is to call people nuts or ******** and then backup your own point by pointing to something that happened SEVEN YEARS AGO and is so far removed in both space, time and PLAYING RESULTS that is has ZERO relevance to anything whatsoever.

Whyt are you living in the past? Can you not admit that Warner's best days are HALF-A-DEACDE ago and he has been demoted and waived by two separate teams and has a staggering 1: TD:Turnover ratio for the last 5 years?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can give you a very relevant example of a superbowl winning MVP QB that was replaced by a rookie after 5 games: Kurt Warner.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His nothing lately still got us a win and were close in both others. Sorry if your so up on matts jock you think he is gonna come in and save this team right away! Kurt has had exactly 1 game where the Oline wasn't a complete f***** trainwreck! I for one want to see what this O can do with and EXPERIENCED QB not a rookie before we scrap the whole season!!!!!!!!!!!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Talk about projecting. First you tell me to "get a grip," then you call people ********, then accusations fly about being "up on matt's jock"...Seems to me someone needs a mirror for christmas.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
His nothing lately still got us a win and were close in both others. Sorry if your so up on matts jock you think he is gonna come in and save this team right away! Kurt has had exactly 1 game where the Oline wasn't a complete f***** trainwreck! I for one want to see what this O can do with and EXPERIENCED QB not a rookie before we scrap the whole season!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch the Cussing! Consider yourself warned.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Leinart is 1-10 in his Cards career in starts against teams other than the 49ers. I gotta believe Matt can do that too.

To me Warner at this stage of his career is Jose Deleon the ex Pirate and Card pitcher. Every game he'd look unhittable for 3-4 innings and then just fall apart, he had wicked stuff but he simply could NOT go the distance, hell he couldn't even go 6 innnings. Kurt seems to be the same way he simply has not put together solid games week to week he gets hit a few times and starts turning the ball over.

Do we know Leinart won't be worse, no, but will we know that a month from now if Warner starts the games in between?

Green says Kurt is the starter so I hope he plays well and we win big but if it were me, Leinart would be starting Sunday. After the game I said Warner gets one more start but after reading some of the comments from the team you have to wonder if they believe in him?

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How you guys expect any and I mean ANY QB in the league to have performed in the games since Kurt has been here is a joke. He has had good games in spite of the pathetic line this team has provided him, and by the way no RB till this season! So we have a real RB now and the Oline kinda looked better on Sunday but hey what the hell lets scrap the season and start a rookie.... yeah sounds like a great plan!

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can give you a very relevant example of a superbowl winning MVP QB that was replaced by a rookie after 5 games: Kurt Warner.

Mark Rypien & Trent Dilfer also come to mind.

Guess what, MCF, people get old and their skills diminish. Some faster than others. I think Warner has hit the wall and you don't, it's no big deal. I really hope that you are right, but I suspect that you are wrong.

We'll see on Sunday.

The Shark

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no RB till this season! So we have a real RB now and the Oline kinda looked better on Sunday
So, lessee, bonefide RB...check
better oline play...check
historically good WRs...check
Defense that holds the opponents to around 20 or less...check

Why aren't we 2-1, again?

Deal with it: Warner's turnovers are killing us. It's too much to overcome.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Actually the Dean of Men at the University of Phoenix called and said that Matt hadn't been coming to class and therefore was academically ineligible for next Sunday's game.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
warners never been the same since his thumb injury and just keeps getting worse and worse every year. if he cant learn to tuck the ball away when pressure comes by now, its not gonna happen. i was hopeful when this season started that kurt would be fine for this year but after 3 games, its time for him to sit.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score

Pariah:

If you're referring to Eli Manning taking over for Kurt Warner in New York during the 2004 season, that was after nine games--during which the Giants went 5-4--not five. And the G-men won one more game the rest of the way. Not surprising, when you compare the two QBs' stats that season:

Eli Manning Pass 95-197 48.2% 1043 yds 5.3 ypa 6TD 9INT Run 6-35 0TD
Kurt Warner Pass 174-277 62.8% 2054 yds 7.4 ypa 6TD 4INT Run 13-30 1TD

Playing behind the same line, throwing to the same WRs, Warner was far more productive than Manning. Not sure how this bolsters your argument for betting the 2006 season on Leinart with thirteen games to go. :confused:

WC

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Leinart is 1-10 in his Cards career in starts against teams other than the 49ers. I gotta believe Matt can do that too.

To me Warner at this stage of his career is Jose Deleon the ex Pirate and Card pitcher. Every game he'd look unhittable for 3-4 innings and then just fall apart, he had wicked stuff but he simply could NOT go the distance, hell he couldn't even go 6 innnings. Kurt seems to be the same way he simply has not put together solid games week to week he gets hit a few times and starts turning the ball over.

Do we know Leinart won't be worse, no, but will we know that a month from now if Warner starts the games in between?

Green says Kurt is the starter so I hope he plays well and we win big but if it were me, Leinart would be starting Sunday. After the game I said Warner gets one more start but after reading some of the comments from the team you have to wonder if they believe in him?

Well said.

Unfortuneately our team isn't what you'd call "PROACTIVE", in fact if you want to do any business seminars, the Cardinals would make a handy and amusing example of being reactive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's the thumb--it's the concussions.

Yes but I too see Warner looking at his hand and holding it now and then and he's been that way for years. I don't think he's ever got it back since that injury. He has 29 fumbles in his 23 games since the rams let him walk, I really think that's got a lot to do with the thumb he simply can't grip the ball like most QB's.

In fact if you really look he has 29 fumbles and 752 Pass Attempts since the Rams said goodbye. in 2001 before he got hurt he had about 200 less pass attempts and 10 fumbles. So the rate of fumbles to pass attempts has roughly gone in half, that is he fumbles once every 25 pass attempts since then and fumbled once every 55 attempts in 2001 the year before he had the injury.

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score

Ok I'm a big Pirate fan and I really can't believe someone knows who Jose Deleon is on this board. That guy just couldn't get a break.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm a big Pirate fan and I really can't believe someone knows who Jose Deleon is on this board. That guy just couldn't get a break.

He drove me nuts as a Cardinal seemed like he always had a no hitter through 4 and would give up 5 runs in the 5th.

Kurt seems to be the same way he simply doesn't seem to be able to play a complete game at some point he gets hit and starts making mistakes the way DeLeon would just SUDDENLY completely lose it after looking unhittable to start the game.