Chicago sends Prospects (Unknown which)
Chicago receives Nomar Garciaparra

Arizona Sends Randy Johnson
Arizona Receives Prospects from Cubs

Heard in on The Hot List today on Espn

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think I read this very senario in the East Valley Tribune today...

They said Boston has no prospects to deal.

The Cubs are rich in pitching in their farm system.

It was also stated no one really thinks Randy is too fond of Curt and the chance of RJ heading to Boston is remote at best...

Last edited:

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
I still think that there are two scenarios here that will hurt the team. I like the idea of RJ being traded, IF we can get better from it. However A) Joe Jr. will most likely in my opinion find a way to get screwed over, or B) Joe Jr. is able to get the prospects/players we need to rebuild, but then fails to make the trade because he feels we have a better chance at winning with Johnson.

OP
OP
M

moviebuff316

Registered
Reaction score

I would like to see nomar in Az ...trade cintron to get pitching prospects in the deal..

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
moviebuff316 said:
I would like to see nomar in Az ...trade cintron to get pitching prospects in the deal..
The Dbacks wouldn't want to give Garciaparra a long-term contract, and Cintron wouldnt net anything of quality in return....Also, Sergio Santos and Drew (once has is signed) are both waiting in the "wings" as the Dbacks SS of the future.....

I mentioned last wk how the Marlins were also expressing an interest in Garciaparra, so if everything falls through with the Cubs...then the Marlins would be an ideal team to enter the equation since they're deep in pitching and OF prospects.....

chickenhead

Reaction score
I love Nomar, butthe possibility of him in Arizona would make me nervous. He's too expensive to sit the number of games I think he would.

Djaughe

Reaction score
I heared something this morning on the mike & mike show that RJ gave a list of 2 teams to the diamondbacks to look into: Yankees and Cardinals.

Apparently the cardinals don't have the dough to carry RJ....so were stuck with the evil empire....

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
I heared something this morning on the mike & mike show that RJ gave a list of 2 teams to the diamondbacks to look into: Yankees and Cardinals.

Apparently the cardinals don't have the dough to carry RJ....so were stuck with the evil empire....

Which quickly contradicts a story that ESPN had yesterday where it said that RJ gave a list of 5 teams he's willing to play for (Yankees, Red Sox, White Sox, Cubs, and Angels).

If we are stuck in having to trade him to the Yankees then I say keep him. They have absolutely nothing in trade value.

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
Today azcentral is reporting the latest trade rumors suggests that the Diamondbacks are interested in obtaining Chicago Cubs Angel Guzman, a pitcher, and Felix Pie, an outfielder, in a three-way trade that would send Johnson to Boston and shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to the Cubs, according to the Boston Globe.

Felix Pie is a good outfielder, fast can hit for average and bat leadoff, a good pick up for the D-backs.

However Angel Guzman is not that good and if this is all the D-backs are getting for Randy, just keep him.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yotes1921 said:
Today azcentral is reporting the latest trade rumors suggests that the Diamondbacks are interested in obtaining Chicago Cubs Angel Guzman, a pitcher, and Felix Pie, an outfielder, in a three-way trade that would send Johnson to Boston and shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to the Cubs, according to the Boston Globe.

Felix Pie is a good outfielder, fast can hit for average and bat leadoff, a good pick up for the D-backs.

However Angel Guzman is not that good and if this is all the D-backs are getting for Randy, just keep him.

I heard the Angels are still interested so I would try and get some of their prospects.

I don't think they should go after Pie. I like what I have seen in Terrero and if he can continue his success the next 2 months he should be pencilled in as the Diamondbacks lead-off hitter next year.

The D-Backs need pitching and a catcher.

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
We have outfield prospects up the wazoo, so this makes no sense - but here's the kicker - Guzman had Right Labrum surgery this past winter, and his ERA subsequently doubled.

Injured pitching prospect and a so-so outfield prospect we don't need...gee, why do I have this awful sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake