Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler was not very good today, just good enough to squeak by.

I am expecting better, and know he is capable of better.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bull. He’s slow. I said it before the draft, you could just watch his tape and know he is slow, and then he refused to run the 40.

I don't think he's slow but he's not as fast as I thought he'd be.

He's on a pace for a really good rookie year but I honestly expected him to be more NFL ready than he is.

There's a play in the first half where we had to take a timeout because Kyler was trying to get him and Dortch set. It seemed pretty clear Marv wasn't where he was supposed to be and Kyler tried to move him and after the timeout was yelling. It could have been Dortch but the way Greg reacted seemed pretty clear it was Marv.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sure but Kyler knew who he was throwing it to when he threw it. He just has to not overthrow it and not throw it out of bounds and give Wilson a chance.

I totally agree we need more WR speed btw, just don't think that play was an example of why Kyler just missed it

Well just agree to disagree.
Upon seeing the play again I was wrong.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he's slow but he's not as fast as I thought he'd be.

He's on a pace for a really good rookie year but I honestly expected him to be more NFL ready than he is.

There's a play in the first half where we had to take a timeout because Kyler was trying to get him and Dortch set. It seemed pretty clear Marv wasn't where he was supposed to be and Kyler tried to move him and after the timeout was yelling. It could have been Dortch but the way Greg reacted seemed pretty clear it was Marv.
He's thinking too much out there and its slowing him down.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was just the fastest in the game I googled it, 20mph. Not slow but he clocked over 22 in college.

Again I think the kid is going to be great, 4 TD's already but there are definitely some things that have surprised me in a negative way. he's not as fast as I expected, he doesn't win the contested catches nearly as often as I expected him to, and he's just not that "aware" every week there's at least one play where he's clearly not doing what he's supposed to do.

He's on a pace for I think 58-60 catches right now about 900 yards and 12-13 TD"s. Terrific for a rookie but honestly wasn't expecting him to have so many issues
Agreed. I am flabbergasted he caught 2/7 today. His “connection” with kyler is abysmal.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And JC is good sometimes but NO ONE considers him a top talent be serious. He is vital to US but that hardly makes him a top tier talent…
He is a top talent. This is the NFL and the rushing from last year and the runs he had today and at others would be more than welcomed on most teams. No one would consider him flashy, but he is a top talent regardless of if he does not get the attention he deserves

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Designed runs and zone reads need to be a steady part of the playbook. No excuse not to be.
There was some stat the other day that the Cards are like 10-1 when he rushes over 10 times, and barely win when he doesn't run. At this point, hopefully someone is paying attention and Kyler has the courage to keep running.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There was some stat the other day that the Cards are like 10-1 when he rushes over 10 times, and barely win when he doesn't run. At this point, hopefully someone is paying attention and Kyler has the courage to keep running.
5-7 attempts per game is a nice number for Kyler. Some designed and others not is a good mix.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. The ball was 3 yards out of bounds. He certainly has to adjust his throws to McBride. He certainly can’t throw the ball high to Dortch. So he can’t throw the ball to Wilson like he is Tyreek Hill.
If you ask Kyler he certainly isn’t going to say Wilson is too slow. He is going to say I have to hit that one.
I’m sure he and everyone knows that ball was out of bounds as he was rolling right pretty hard even Brady mentioned it, but yes he needs to hit some of those long throws, better yet we need to be throwing some of them not along the sideline so the receivers can adjust. Hard to pinpoint one if your rolling hard from pass rushers but it was still a miss…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he’s “vital” to us, how can you consider him to not be talented? Come on man, logic.
Sure he is talented wtf guys really you think he’s a top back in the NFL? That’s nonsense, who besides Cardinals fans have this dude on their fantasy team? What pundit even has him top 10-15 in the league for RB? He’s older, slow, power back, as I said we NEED him but he is hardly a top tier player you must be joking!

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I don’t want him drafted in the first place. I would have rather stuck with Rosen a bit. I don’t think he was the answer either, but I didn’t think Kyler was worth the price.

I like what he’s done in flashes, he can certainly ball when he does, but he doesn’t do it enough. Transcendent players can have 20 drinks, chase women until 0300, only to take the field 10 short hours later and pour it on. Kyler ain’t that dude.

I don’t hate him at all. Personally, I’d love to see him moved for a reasonable ROI and win a ring somewhere.

Like was already stated, he wasn’t the reason we won yesterday, but he certainly isn’t the reason this team is a perpetual loser. That ish is way above his pay grade.

I appreciate the boys sticking in yesterday (admittedly I turned it off in the 3rd Q to further diagnose/go play with a trailer wiring project), but the suckness of this franchise isn’t a symptom of any player on this roster).

MB is a clown. The entire B family has sucked ace. Accountability starts at the very top homies; this franchise has always been a direct reflection of the owners/leaders.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, let's let him off the hook after another mid game from him. 195 yds on a 70.2 rtg screams franchise QB. He was not the reason the Cards won yesterday.
We won because the defense held the 49ers to under 14 points, think about it. Tipped balls, intercepted pass and timely fumble recoveries.

Add in special teams play, other than the blocked returned field goal. DeeJay takes out their field goal kicker and two field goals by a kicker added to the practice squad just a few days ago.

Conner’s see if you can tackle me attitude just kicked them to the ground. What a bad ass running back he is. We are lucky to have him. Pay him now…

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, let's let him off the hook after another mid game from him. 195 yds on a 70.2 rtg screams franchise QB. He was not the reason the Cards won yesterday.

Wonder what his rating would have been if McBride didn't drop that dime TD?

I don't know what it takes to be the reason they one, but he sure was a big reason they won.

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilmaycare

King of Technicalities
Reaction score
Wonder what his rating would have been if McBride didn't drop that dime TD?

I don't know what it takes to be the reason they one, but he sure was a big reason they won.

You must be registered for see images attach
If you watched the game I don't know how you can say he was anything but mid as a passer. How many guys did he miss that he should have hit? The pass to MHJ on the last drive was him chucking it up with a prayer. Luckily MHJ was able to get under it. It was not a pretty pass.

Kool Aid pairs great with top 10 picks though.

As a positive though I will say that I thought his throws looked better in the air and had more zip on them than the previous couple weeks. Hopefully he's getting things corrected. I'd prefer him to get back to what he can do. I think most of the issues are in his head and not physical limitations. He seems to be in his own head too much. It's a killer. I'm prone to do it too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you watched the game I don't know how you can say he was anything but mid as a passer. How many guys did he miss that he should have hit? The pass to MHJ on the last drive was him chucking it up with a prayer. Luckily MHJ was able to get under it. It was not a pretty pass.

Kool Aid pairs great with top 10 picks though.

As a positive though I will say that I thought his throws looked better in the air and had more zip on them than the previous couple weeks. Hopefully he's getting things corrected. I'd prefer him to get back to what he can do. I think most of the issues are in his head and not physical limitations. He seems to be in his own head too much. It's a killer. I'm prone to do it too.
This was an Eli Manning-esque passing day.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake