ESPN: Sando Camp Report

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
so you guys want to cut our probable starting TE based on a line from a reporters blog,an espn reporter at that, who happens to be passing throuh Cards camp one day?????:sad:
CBus has a point, but here's the deal:

If Spach, Becht, Byrd, Patrick and/or anyone else outplays Pope, they will prevail and Leonard won't.

And, since we'd have better guys than Pope on the roster, I wouldn't be terribly upset if it turned out he didn't make it. But don't kill him prematurely. Let the process play itself out.

Who was it who said: "I don't 'cut' players; they cut themsleves?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
so you guys want to cut our probable starting TE based on a line from a reporters blog,an espn reporter at that, who happens to be passing throuh Cards camp one day?????:sad:

Pope is not our probable starting TE, and far from it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Pope is not our probable starting TE, and far from it.
:doi:. Pope is the starting TE and was last year. So i don't know what your rational is, especially the far from it part. Patrick is suspended, Spach is hurt, and Byrd has already been cut from a team and has alot to prove. Becht was brought in for his blocking. Like it, ot not, Pope and Patrick are the best all around TE's we have and Patrick will miss 4 games.

Spach made one play last year when there was no one within 10 yards of him and,all of a sudden, he's a lock to be on the team.I think Becht was signed as his replacement and the final 3 TE's will be Pope, Patrick, and Becht. Byrd, like Garvin, has somehow, to alot of people, become sure-fire members and contributors to the team. I'll be surprised if either of them are on the final 53.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:doi:. Pope is the starting TE and was last year. So i don't know what your rational is, especially the far from it part. Patrick is suspended, Spach is hurt, and Byrd has already been cut from a team and has alot to prove. Becht was brought in for his blocking. Like it, ot not, Pope and Patrick are the best all around TE's we have and Patrick will miss 4 games.

Spach made one play last year when there was no one within 10 yards of him and,all of a sudden, he's a lock to be on the team.I think Becht was signed as his replacement and the final 3 TE's will be Pope, Patrick, and Becht. Byrd, like Garvin, has somehow, to alot of people, become sure-fire members and contributors to the team. I'll be surprised if either of them are on the final 53.
Are you objecting to people wanting the Cards to "move early" regarding Pope?

;)

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moving Dockett around? He is to small for a 3-4 DT and he plays DE in this alignment correct?

Not much place to move him unless we are in a 4-3 allignment. Last time we tried him at DE in that set up he sucked.

Anyone know where exactly you can move Dockett to and expect production?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought that was a joke. Dockett isnt quick enough IMO to do that. Nor would he be good enough to handle the dropping into pass coverage that position requires.

:D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Anyone know where exactly you can move Dockett to and expect production?

They lined him up over the center rushing standing up like a linebacker last year a few times. It was two DE's and Dockett standing up like a linebacker over the center. Dont know how many times they used it but I do know he got a sack and a tackle for loss from that position.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They lined him up over the center rushing standing up like a linebacker last year a few times. It was two DE's and Dockett standing up like a linebacker over the center. Dont know how many times they used it but I do know he got a sack and a tackle for loss from that position.

Thats about the only thing I could think of that makes sense. Still on the inside. Thx Joe.