Euro 2024

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
might be time to replace Kane with a younger player that has more pace. he disappears for long stretches of the match and no one is getting him the ball in areas that he can score.
I don't think so. I think the midfield is not balanced and they are afraid to take chances with balls to beat the defense. Foden and Saka definitely have the pace behind. It isn't imperative that all 3 players up top have pace.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southgate is such a muppet lol One change, leaving a non-winger Foden on the left who always wants to cut inside and destroy any threat of attack down that flank. Now they're slogging against Slovenia lol

Out in the first knockout game is my prediction.
Disagree. I think they beat Slovakia and lose to Spain in the quarters. Southgate is gone after that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Disagree. I think they beat Slovakia and lose to Spain in the quarters. Southgate is gone after that.
Well, I didn't know they'd get Slovakia in the 2nd round when I predicted that.

But oh, it would be a sweet win. England out to an underdog while driving up Dubravka's price? Yes please!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't think so. I think the midfield is not balanced and they are afraid to take chances with balls to beat the defense. Foden and Saka definitely have the pace behind. It isn't imperative that all 3 players up top have pace.
kane is limited in what he can do when he drops. if he's paired with the right attacking players he can be effective because of his one touch quality that will generate a counter attack. but if he's dropping to make up for other people's shortcomings they are taking him away from what he does best which is score. I take your word for it. I haven't been able to watch all of their matches. at some point they will have to move on from kane.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kane is limited in what he can do when he drops. if he's paired with the right attacking players he can be effective because of his one touch quality that will generate a counter attack. but if he's dropping to make up for other people's shortcomings they are taking him away from what he does best which is score. I take your word for it. I haven't been able to watch all of their matches. at some point they will have to move on from kane.
Disagree. Kane might be one of the best passing number 9s ever.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Disagree. Kane might be one of the best passing number 9s ever.
I don't disagree with that. I'm pointing out that I want strong midfielders getting him the ball to have opportunities in the final 3rd. he is a clinical finisher. the more he drops the more he is not likely to score. I've seen it with spurs for years. when they had quality midfielders Kane scored a lot more. when they did not, he dropped a lot more and the goals were basically left to him getting son opportunities. I am definitely premature on calling for him to be taken off. I just want him near the goal as much as possible. and there is no excuse for him not to be with the quality of players that England "allegedly" have.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with that. I'm pointing out that I want strong midfielders getting him the ball to have opportunities in the final 3rd. he is a clinical finisher. the more he drops the more he is not likely to score. I've seen it with spurs for years. when they had quality midfielders Kane scored a lot more. when they did not, he dropped a lot more and the goals were basically left to him getting son opportunities. I am definitely premature on calling for him to be taken off. I just want him near the goal as much as possible. and there is no excuse for him not to be with the quality of players that England "allegedly" have.
I think it has more to do with Southgate's tactics than Kane not scoring goals. He did just set the Bundesliga record in his first year there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps his team in the Bundesliga had good midfielders that fed him the ball?
That would be one way to see it. England arguably have the best player in the world right now in the midfield in Bellingham, plus Declan Rice has been outstanding there the past couple of years.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That would be one way to see it. England arguably have the best player in the world right now in the midfield in Bellingham, plus Declan Rice has been outstanding there the past couple of years.
Right, but take into context Southgate's ultra negative tactics. I think they did a better job keeping him up top yesterday, though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right, but take into context Southgate's ultra negative tactics. I think they did a better job keeping him up top yesterday, though.
That's why I said Southgate was/is the major problem with England, not the midfielders (being good enough) or Kane.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bellingham is playing up with Kane too often tho. The problem is there’s no one on the wings giving England real width, especially on the left side.

Love Foden but he’s not doing anything out there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bellingham is playing up with Kane too often tho. The problem is there’s no one on the wings giving England real width, especially on the left side.

Love Foden but he’s not doing anything out there.
The entire front line has been trash. That's why I think it is systematic.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm