Favre's Wife Diagnosed With Breast Cancer

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
GULFPORT, Miss. - The wife of Green Bay Packers (news) quarterback Brett Favre was diagnosed with breast cancer, yet more bad news in a year full of heartache for the family.

Deanna Favre was recently released from Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York after undergoing a lumpectomy, Bonita Favre, the quarterback's mother, told The Sun Herald on Monday.

Deanna Farve will undergo chemotherapy treatments which could last up to five months and is expected to make a full recovery, Bonita Favre said.

The Packers had no comment on the matter, and Brett Favre was unavailable Tuesday. He usually addresses the media on Wednesdays.

It has been a difficult year for the Favre family. In December, Brett's father, Irvin, died from a heart attack. Deanna's brother, Casey Tynes, 24, was killed three weeks ago in an ATV accident on Brett Favre's property near his home in Oak Grove.

Favre was told about his wife's cancer on Oct. 14 and he left practice to be with his family for a day before the Packers' game against Detroit on Oct. 17.

"Brett was relieved to learn that the situation is not as bad as it could have been," Deanna's brother-in-law, Scott Favre said. "We think that they got (all of the cancer) out."

Deanna Favre runs the Brett Favre Fourward Foundation, which has raised more than $1 million for disadvantaged or disabled children in Wisconsin and Mississippi.

"The family has been through a great deal and we will get through this," Bonita Favre said. "We would like to thank everyone for the prayers and support. We're a strong family and with the help of the Lord, we'll get through this."

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez they've been through a lot the last year...

Prayers go out to them...

Mike

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That is scary for anyone to go through. Prayers for the Favre family.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I left the Cardinal game half way through the 4th quarter to go cheer on a couple of my friends who walked 60 miles to raise money for Breast Cancer research. It was an amazing site to see all of the people who completed the walk. I think they raised over $5,000,000 for research.

Normally I would never leave a Cardinal game early. However I felt it was necessary this time.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Wow what a year...All my thoughts and prayers for the Favre family...

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I left the Cardinal game half way through the 4th quarter to go cheer on a couple of my friends who walked 60 miles to raise money for Breast Cancer research. It was an amazing site to see all of the people who completed the walk. I think they raised over $5,000,000 for research.

Normally I would never leave a Cardinal game early. However I felt it was necessary this time.

Dam! I assume that was local contributions. Very impressive effort and I must say one of the very few reasons to leave a game early. That is great.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

Kudos to you MCD :thumbup: My prayers go to Favre's family.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Count me in, too

for the prayers. A reminder of the fragileness of life itself. I know "personally" about loss, as I lost my mom's mom's sister (who taught me how to swim); my mom's mom who BELIEVED in me & my dreams; and my mom (now gone about 10 years) in a time-span of a lil' over (2) years. I share this thought: ENJOY the people in your life my Cardinal friends!! BE the BEST FRIEND, FAMILY MEMBER, etc. that YOU can be!! YOU won't regret it!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05