Fire D'Antoni!

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think a petition is necessary. Even D'Antoni knows he's getting a pink slip Sunday night/ Monday morning.
I don't think it's a given(unfortunately) There's still the matter of 2 years left on his contract i believe. Considering Sarver's mentality it's possible the SUNS braintrust is as we speak devising a plan to spin this meltdown into something positive.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I don't think it's a given(unfortunately) There's still the matter of 2 years left on his contract i believe. Considering Sarver's mentality it's possible the SUNS braintrust is as we speak devising a plan to spin this meltdown into something positive.

Watch, he'll be back.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What is a new coach going to do? Turn Nash into a great defender....make Barbosa play like a pg....turn Shaq and Hill back into their primes?

please..

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score

It is possible. And that possibility worries the hell out of me. I can't (and I won't) take another season of watching the same old disgusting death spiral.

Not to mention the utter contempt for the fans that Sarver would be showing in pulling such a maneuver.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think he needs to go.

He or his staff should be able to get more than 8 guys who can play his style of game on the same team or at least be able to teach and grow players.

Maybe the team has given up on him.

His team is past it's peak anyway.

Of my three opinions, the third is not really his fault, but I don't have confidence that he can rebuild or develop talent anyway so he should go if that is the case. If either of the first two are true, than he should definitely be gone.

Edit: Actually, only three guys on this years team (Nash, Amare, Barbosa) really seem to play his style of ball.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What is a new coach going to do? Turn Nash into a great defender....make Barbosa play like a pg....turn Shaq and Hill back into their primes?

please..
I'm talking about blowing it up.....starting with D'Antoni. The entire basketball culture/philosophy needs to be changed.
This team is toast for the next couple yrs more than likely.
Where are you reading here that canning D'Antoni instantly brings high expectations?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05