Fire Petzing now

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the most horrific OC performance I've ever seen. And I've seen some bad after 23 years in the stands.

Shotgun passes on 3rd and 4th and 1? No designed runs or RPO for Kyler? Running the ball on 3rd and 34, down heavy? Squandering a rare pick by the inept defense to put them back on the field AGAIN? Running the ball well but not then incorporating play action and rollouts? Not drawing up plays to free MHJ? Just a horrible offensive playcalling strategy, and it isn't just this game. It's been constant. He isn't good at this. He's not even below average at this.

I can give Rallis a pass because this is the least talented defense in the league. By far. Exposed as hell today, but Petzing did them no favors. Kyler didn't either, but ffs Michael Wilson catch a ball. Even on his nice catch that he eventually fumbled, he bobbled the catch. Kyler has his flaws, but when the OC can't even use him correctly it becomes glaring. Malpractice.

We can't put a game together at all, and our offense can't keep the worst defense in the league off the field. Petzing needs fired, immediately. I can call a better game and that's only partly hyperbole.

It was embarrassing in the stadium today. Worst I've felt at a game in a long time. I'm rowdy, normally. But there was very little to cheer for. Very little. God bless my wife for still yelling for the defense late in the game while I just sighed over and over.

Gutted by this game.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This was the most horrific OC performance I've ever seen. And I've seen some bad after 23 years in the stands.

Shotgun passes on 3rd and 4th and 1? No designed runs or RPO for Kyler? Running the ball on 3rd and 34, down heavy? Squandering a rare pick by the inept defense to put them back on the field AGAIN? Running the ball well but not then incorporating play action and rollouts? Not drawing up plays to free MHJ? Just a horrible offensive playcalling strategy, and it isn't just this game. It's been constant. He isn't good at this. He's not even below average at this.

I can give Rallis a pass because this is the least talented defense in the league. By far. Exposed as hell today, but Petzing did them no favors. Kyler didn't either, but ffs Michael Wilson catch a ball. Even on his nice catch that he eventually fumbled, he bobbled the catch. Kyler has his flaws, but when the OC can't even use him correctly it becomes glaring. Malpractice.

We can't put a game together at all, and our offense can't keep the worst defense in the league off the field. Petzing needs fired, immediately. I can call a better game and that's only partly hyperbole.

It was embarrassing in the stadium today. Worst I've felt at a game in a long time. I'm rowdy, normally. But there was very little to cheer for. Very little. God bless my wife for still yelling for the defense late in the game while I just sighed over and over.

Gutted by this game.
I was totally blown away that he never called even one play fake rollout/bootleg.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there anybody on the coaching staff who has experience calling plays previously?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can't go from "Petzing is great" to "Fire Petzing" in like 2 weeks.

There was lots on that game that was on Kyler. I'm not sure what an OC can do when your QB can't handle man coverage.

Nobody came out of this game with any credit, blame everywhere, not least of which was the staff for a weak game plan, but Petzing is still one of the better OC's in the league.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Gutted by this game.

It was a hope-destroying loss, certainly.

And I agree, if I were going to draw up a game plan that would minimize Murray's strengths, and give us the least chance to win, yesterday is what I would have come up with. We're we trying to lose that game? Are we tanking?

But yeah, if it came over the news-wire this morning that DP got canned, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.