Fire Petzing now

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the Cards have a staple in their offense where Kyler either hands the ball to the RB or pulls the ball to exploit a soft edge

there has to be an version where a TE slips into the route on that same side to give Kyler an option to throw

i feel like that play would basically be unstoppable and gain 5 yards whenever you wanted it.
I think you’re missing the point on that play. If you drag a TE to that side, you’re also then dragging defenders too. And that negates the wide open field that Murray has now taken advantage of with long TD runs. I understand the aggravation with Petzing, but he’s running an offense that MOJG want him to run. We hear JG talk about adaptability all the time. The Cardinals struggled down the stretch every year under KK, mainly because they weren’t adaptable. Again, it’s a process that takes time & it needs more talent too. It’s also a mindset & the latter is what is being taught every single day. Just listen to the players. They talk PROCESS with almost every interview regardless of what position room they’re in. Bidwill wants sustained success & that doesn’t come overnight. That’s why I don’t see Petzing going away anytime soon.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That tush push is seriously one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my life.

100% agree. No misdirection at all. You know what is coming and you defend accordingly. Also to do it twice in a row… sheesh
A stunning decision. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Petzing could call it and Gannon could allow it. STUNNING

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The pass protection right now is pretty bad though.

I'm so ******* watching every opposing QBs ten times a game have five seconds to stand back in the pocket and read the field.

Meanwhile Murray is lucky to have a really clean pocket once a game.

I'm not saying DP is a superbowl winning OC, I'm just saying I'd be interested to see what the passing game looked like with even average pass protection

And before the Kyler haters come at me with "well Murray wasn't even sacked last night" and "profootball.com says he had 3.4 seconds per pass play", those things are only true because Kyler's elite mobility. Last night 90% of the time the pocket was collapsing immediately (again).
Only in the first half. In the second half the oline actually gave him time. He moved around a bit, but he had time. When you dunk on a squad for underperforming you also have to credit them when they perform. Kyker had adequate time second half.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Jalen Hurts sucks but they have a great offensive scheme suited for him and he has AJ , Devontae Godard and Sequan… all better than what we have at those positions. (Yes Godard is better than McBride today.. but McBride has a higher future ceiling).. oh an 100x better OLine.
Goedert is not better than mcbride. Dude, the other players are sufficient to make your point without going off the deep end and trashing your credibility.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm so ******* jealous watching every opposing QBs ten times a game have five seconds to stand back in the pocket and read the field.

I'm not saying DP is a superbowl winning OC, I'm just saying I'd be interested to see what the passing game looked like with even average pass protection

And before the Kyler haters come at me with "well Murray wasn't even sacked last night" and "profootball.com says he had 3.4 seconds per pass play", those things are only true because Kyler's elite mobility. Last night 90% of the time the pocket was collapsing immediately (again).
Some will say if he had 5 seconds he’d still throw it late. I wouldn’t argue.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Some will say if he had 5 seconds he’d still throw it late. I wouldn’t argue.

Your posts so dark and gloomy lately Slandrac16.

We 3-4, not 1-6.

The team is struggling, yes.

But coming up on the halfway point this group is scrapping, kicking, scratching. Pulling hair. Hitting south of the border. Whatever they can.

Every position group but TE has issues, including QB, but dammit they're fighting, and they've got three in the win column after winning four all of last year.

We're a bad football team that's somehow finding ways to win games against a murderous schedule. Murray is at least not losing games for us, and he's making some plays.

I know you don't want to hear "stay patient", but stay patient man. Let DP and K1 try to work some things out.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only in the first half. In the second half the oline actually gave him time. He moved around a bit, but he had time. When you dunk on a squad for underperforming you also have to credit them when they perform. Kyker had adequate time second half.
Pretty sure it was in the 2nd half when MHJ was wide open for an easy TD, but Kyler was forced to scramble to his left & settle for a McBride short 1st down throw. Those are the plays that we MUST hit on to get MHJ going and developing confidence.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
in the press conference after the game, about five minutes and 20 seconds in, a reporter asked Kyler if he felt like there were situations where their defense was out of shell coverage and if he could take advantage of it. His response was “no, it was like they were guessing right the whole day”.

that tells you that either DP is predictable or he needs to put the play sheet over his mouth because they’re reading his lips.

it can’t be coincidence that none of our receivers can get open

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the press conference after the game, about five minutes and 20 seconds in, a reporter asked Kyler if he felt like there were situations where their defense was out of shell coverage and if he could take advantage of it. His response was “no, it was like they were guessing right the whole day”.

that tells you that either DP is predictable or he needs to put the play sheet over his mouth because they’re reading his lips.

Or maybe Harbaugh went back to his Michigan play book and was somehow stealing plays...

You must be registered for see images attach

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Goedert is not better than mcbride. Dude, the other players are sufficient to make your point without going off the deep end and trashing your credibility.
You’re trashing your credibility nearly daily by your posts. Goedert is a top 10 TE and has consistency on his side over McBride. McBride hasn’t shown the consistency Goedert has, thus I can’t rank him there yet personally. Do I think McBridee will be better? Absolutely. But I can’t say that out of the what? Maybe 8-10 elite games he has had in his ENTIRE career lol! **** out of here w your credibility marks, you get debunked on your post consistently just to move on to post some other irrational know it all repost that is debunked.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm so ******* jealous watching every opposing QBs ten times a game have five seconds to stand back in the pocket and read the field.

And before the Kyler haters come at me with ACTUAL STATISTICS THAT THE O-LINE DOES GIVE KYLER TIME, HERE’S EVEN MORE OF MY FACT-FREE FEELINGS TO BACK ME UP!

FTFY

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The common fan can see how predictable it is. I don’t see anyone on this board debating otherwise.

urs

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The common fan can see how predictable it is. I don’t see anyone on this board debating otherwise.
We have like 80% success guessing plays in the gameday threads and we aren't studying film all week like the opponent. Our playcalling sucks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We 3-4, not 1-6.

But coming up on the halfway point this group is scrapping, kicking, scratching. Pulling hair. Hitting south of the border. Whatever they can.

Every position group but TE has issues, including QB, but dammit they're fighting, and they've got three in the win column after winning four all of last year.

We're a bad football team that's somehow finding ways to win games against a murderous schedule. Murray is at least not losing games for us, and he's making some plays.

I know you don't want to hear "stay patient", but stay patient man. Let DP and K1 try to work some things out.
Solid post

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was in the 2nd half when MHJ was wide open for an easy TD, but Kyler was forced to scramble to his left & settle for a McBride short 1st down throw. Those are the plays that we MUST hit on to get MHJ going and developing confidence.
But even there he had some time and on the move he found a guy. It wasn’t a prison break as some are making it out to be with the oline.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You’re trashing your credibility nearly daily by your posts. Goedert is a top 10 TE and has consistency on his side over McBride. McBride hasn’t shown the consistency Goedert has, thus I can’t rank him there yet personally. Do I think McBridee will be better? Absolutely. But I can’t say that out of the what? Maybe 8-10 elite games he has had in his ENTIRE career lol! **** out of here w your credibility marks, you get debunked on your post consistently just to move on to post some other irrational know it all repost that is debunked.
Good talk. Unserious poster. Goodbye.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We 3-4, not 1-6.

I’ve ( We’ve) been patient for far too long. This team is missing some key components and we are sitting on 20m of cap space.
At some point this team has to show us it’s time to make a move. It shouldnt have to be in March.
The trade deadline is coming up. Go get us a pass rusher. Give up a precious 5th round pick and start filling holes today.
I’ve been a koolaid guy for a hundred years. I’m 71 years old and am running out of time to for this team to be a force. Im tired of being buffaloed into being patient. I’ll still be here.
But when I see a defense “ trying” and then watch a 4 man rush not get within 5 yards of the qb enough is enough.

Do something Monti. Earn my patience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan