Fire Vance Joseph

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Ah,correct me if I’m wrong but seem to remember us playing a 3-4 defense with the Steve Wilks system and remember how that turned out, Gave ol,Steve and his defense the hook and installed the 4-3 again.
No.1 Wade Philips uses a 3-4 plus if he’s all that fantastic whys he basically retired and on the sideline!
Not an expert and just wondering.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah,correct me if I’m wrong but seem to remember us playing a 3-4 defense with the Steve Wilks system and remember how that turned out, Gave ol,Steve and his defense the hook and installed the 4-3 again.
No.1 Wade Philips uses a 3-4 plus if he’s all that fantastic whys he basically retired and on the sideline!
Not an expert and just wondering.

The reverse. We were 3-4. Then Wilks switched us to 4-3, then Vance switched us back to 3-4.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PMSL here's the icing on the cake.

Charles Washington played nearly half Curtis Riley snaps yesterday yet was our highest graded defender with a 90.3 PFF grade.

Nice choice Vance. You don't even know what you have in your own department.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The sky would have to be falling, like losing 6 or 7 straight falling before they would fire Vance...Michael and co. have such a long leash and mid season firings just aren’t their kind of thing unless the entire fan base and national media forced them into a decision like that. Let’s be real, Vance isn’t going anywhere this season.

Mike McCoy???? Vance had has way more time than him.

OP
OP
iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Yep. Or at least throw Simmons out there a ton. If your defense is going to suck, at least get some player development.

Like I said earlier, the "Budda Baker sucks" crowd completely miss what he does for this team. He makes routine plays excellently. He also gets TFLs. I would bet Baker would have eliminated at least a few of their catch and runs.

He's our little heat sinking missile.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mike McCoy???? Vance had has way more time than him.

I think you can make that argument, but things we’re historically bad with Mike...He got fired after week 7 and a 1-6 start. Not once did they score 20 points through those first 7 games and we were losing by an average of 17 points per loss.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wade phillips tweeted out in week one stating he was watching and sees a lot of teams that could use him and he's waiting. Something like that

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wade phillips tweeted out in week one stating he was watching and sees a lot of teams that could use him and he's waiting. Something like that

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are terrible and were terrible before we hired them.

Makes SK look really bad

But he is bulletproof. He must have blackmail photos on Michael or something. Extreme DUI? Mediocre drafting? Poor coaching hire after poor coaching hire? Forget about it. You're gold. SMH.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strange but true: the Cardinals are currently ranked 2nd in points per game allowed at 18.7, and 13th in yards/game at 346.2.

(Granted, they've played the #1, 11, 16, 24, 30, and 32 offenses by yards [average rank = 19], and #10, 15, 20, 23, 30, and 32 offenses by points [average rank = 22].)

...dave

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Strange but true: the Cardinals are currently ranked 2nd in points per game allowed at 18.7, and 13th in yards/game at 346.2.

(Granted, they've played the #1, 11, 16, 24, 30, and 31 offenses by yards [average rank = 19], and #10, 15, 20, 23, 31, and 32 offenses by points [average rank = 22].)

...dave
Seahawks game will tell the tale.