Fire Vance Joseph

OP
OP
iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Pat P, Chandler, our Safeties, and last but not least, our inability to contain on the backside are not Vance's fault.

What is Vance's fault is his unimaginative blitz packages, his inability to fold in our 1st round pick, and his horrible, indefensible, record as a D coordinator in the NFL.

Wade is the guy Vance wants to be. Let's go get Wade please.

12 men on the field, disorganization, players not knowing their role within the defense, bad scheming in relation to the strength of players we have.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could have sworn this thread was from last year. All too familiar. lol

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we play garbage D against the Jets, I would fire him. Otherwise I think he makes it to the bye week. Dallas and Seattle will put up 35+ on us easily.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we play garbage D against the Jets, I would fire him. Otherwise I think he makes it to the bye week. Dallas and Seattle will put up 35+ on us easily.

Buffalo is going to destroy us right now

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Buffalo is going to destroy us right now

Oh of course. That is after the bye though. I think the longest VJ makes it is the bye week. It won't shock me if the Jets light us up...but the Cowboys and Seahawks will for sure. Lets hope they hang enough points on us that Bidwill has no choice but to fire VJ at the bye. Make Buckner the D Coordinator. At least he is respected.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sure talent go hand in hand, but ultimately great coaching prevails. Imo coaching separates the winners from the pretenders!!! Coaching is the difference in short term success & long period success.
This... great planning and scheming can overcome lack of talent....you see it all the time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Kind of funny Curtis Riley went right back out there in the 2nd half only to then get benched after giving up a big gain after the 1st play.
He was out of position & burned repeatedly. He should’ve been pulled way before that point imo.

How VJ can’t get Simmons on the field more & in situations vs a guy who should not see field is mind blowing. :pullhair:

OP
OP
iLLmatiC

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

That's a terrible measuring stick. The jets offense is beyond putrid. Think McCoy era offense with Sam Bradford as QB bad.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Pat P, Chandler, our Safeties, and last but not least, our inability to contain on the backside are not Vance's fault.

What is Vance's fault is his unimaginative blitz packages, his inability to fold in our 1st round pick, and his horrible, indefensible, record as a D coordinator in the NFL.

Wade is the guy Vance wants to be. Let's go get Wade please.
We are playing way more zone concepts which is not Peterson's forte.

We aren't moving Chandler around to give him unique looks to try and get out of his funk.

Vance chooses to roll with Riley, Washington, and Thompson. Just like teams who have injured CBs can go to a more S heavy scheme, Vance could go with a more CB heavy scheme...but Vance does not adjust to personnel so let's just play terrible players in stead.

It is tough to contain the backside when you have to fill a run land and then scrape to flat. Vance's defense with his if/then assignments puts a lot on players. In Riley's defense, he had to fill the running lane and then change direction and catch up to the RB going to the flat in the redzone once he recognized it was play action. That is a tougher assignment than people think.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Twitter has the hashtag flowing:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The sky would have to be falling, like losing 6 or 7 straight falling before they would fire Vance...Michael and co. have such a long leash and mid season firings just aren’t their kind of thing unless the entire fan base and national media forced them into a decision like that. Let’s be real, Vance isn’t going anywhere this season.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IMO, Cardinals are not letting go Vance Joseph until after season ( if they decide to move on) for political reasons following the flak (right or wrong) Cardinals got for hiring Kliff after only one year of Wilks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IMO, Cardinals are not letting go Vance Joseph until after season ( if they decide to move on) for political reasons following the flak (right or wrong) Cardinals got for hiring Kliff after only one year of Wilks.

I don’t buy that for a second

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah you know those specific politics will most definitely play a factor in that decision.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This team is at an early cross roads with this next game. The Jets are “considered” the worst team in football. If our defense looks bad again, I am all for a quick hook with VJ. I am calling Wade Phillips from Met Life stadium.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score

We aren't moving Chandler around to give him unique looks to try and get out of his funk.

Vance chooses to roll with Riley, Washington, and Thompson. Just like teams who have injured CBs can go to a more S heavy scheme, Vance could go with a more CB heavy scheme...but Vance does not adjust to personnel so let's just play terrible players in stead.

It is tough to contain the backside when you have to fill a run land and then scrape to flat. Vance's defense with his if/then assignments puts a lot on players. In Riley's defense, he had to fill the running lane and then change direction and catch up to the RB going to the flat in the redzone once he recognized it was play action. That is a tougher assignment than people think.

Yep. Or at least throw Simmons out there a ton. If your defense is going to suck, at least get some player development.

Like I said earlier, the "Budda Baker sucks" crowd completely miss what he does for this team. He makes routine plays excellently. He also gets TFLs. I would bet Baker would have eliminated at least a few of their catch and runs.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vance, Kliff, Kyler, Keim, & the overall secondary getting all the blame which is understandable, but I will say I’m disappointed in Chandler.

1 sack(coverage sack at that) in 4 games is disgusting.

And the tackles he's faced in that time?

Geron Christian in his 2nd start
Taylor Decker
Backup Greg Little in his 2nd year

Jones has been really, really bad. He's actually been our worst defender. He's just been so invisible that we forgot to talk about him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What is his forte because P2 has been garbage in man as well.

Dude can't even take PED's right.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. Or at least throw Simmons out there a ton. If your defense is going to suck, at least get some player development.

Like I said earlier, the "Budda Baker sucks" crowd completely miss what he does for this team. He makes routine plays excellently. He also gets TFLs. I would bet Baker would have eliminated at least a few of their catch and runs.

Yup. There certainly will be less "Budda baker isn't very good" noises after yesterday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22