Fitz deal good or bad?

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can a WR take you to the superbowl by himself?

Does a QB have more of an affect on yoru team than a wr?

Should a wr make more than a qb?

Will there be enough $ to resign Boldin?

Will there be enough money to sign Dockett and dansby? (Calling all capologists)

If Fitz is a bust this will ruin us for the years Green is here until he is fired. If Fitz is the greatest wr ever and McCown is a bust can we afford a QB in the top 5 next year and resign Boldin? Or if MCown turns out to be great can we resign him and Boldin?

Sounds to me any way you slice it we just lost Boldin when his contract is up. Which is fine if this year is our superbowl run year I guess.

Can anyone here sit there with a straight face and say a rookie wr is worth 20 million up front? Is he worth all that money if he turns out to be the next Moss?

I wouldnt pay that much for Randy Moss after millions worth of psycology treatment and he became the most upstanding citizen ever.

Heck I love Q but I would never even think of giving him 20 million upfront. 10 million ....MAYBE

chickenhead

Reaction score
I think Green is betting on Fitz being Moss w/o the psychology. In any case, Fitz better remind me this year a lot of Boldin last year...

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
chickenhead said:
I think Green is betting on Fitz being Moss w/o the psychology. In any case, Fitz better remind me this year a lot of Boldin last year...

Yeah I hope he is. My thinking is that even if he is as good as Moss he isnt worth that much $$$. Maybe I am wrong Im not a capologist but man...ugh

At least he is in camp on time....Hope Johnson heals up well. They will be fun to watch if nothing else.

Of course a rookie center and basically a rookie QB Fitz might be getting paid to look back and see the line broken up like chopped ice and watching McCown get killed. Sweet way to earn a 20 million dollar bonus. Thats for sure!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
I wouldnt pay that much for Randy Moss after millions worth of psycology treatment and he became the most upstanding citizen ever.

Heck I love Q but I would never even think of giving him 20 million upfront. 10 million ....MAYBE

I suppose we're all lucky you weren't asked to pony up then, aren't we. :rolleyes:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Let's be honest, no one is worth that kind of money, but that is just the state of pro sports today.

That being said, Larry Fitzgerald is "can't miss" IMO. At mini-camp this guy was amazing! He caught everything even remotely near him. The guy's hands are like velcro.

He will be Offensive ROY this season and eventually become a Hall of Famer. Just wait. :thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
We dont know the structure of the deal yet, what his base salaries are, incentives, how his bonuses are laid out, ect.

So I couldnt tell.

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Renz said:
Let's be honest, no one is worth that kind of money, but that is just the state of pro sports today.

That being said, Larry Fitzgerald is "can't miss" IMO. At mini-camp this guy was amazing! He caught everything even remotely near him. The guy's hands are like velcro.

He will be Offensive ROY this season and eventually become a Hall of Famer. Just wait. :thumbup:

ok my rant is over...lets win some games!!! (Not over on kendall tho!) ;)

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has there even been an official report regarding the exact figures that involved with Fitzgerald's deal....or even confirmation that this has indeed been all finalized?

I believe it's best to exercize patience before we all blow everything out of absolute proportion..... It's not if as though any of those so called "experts" from ESPN and their "sources" are always 100% accurate....

If this all the details are the case...Why should we be complaining? We got our #1 pick in on time instead of being passive, and also we have the slightest idea on how everything is factored in......

In terms of Fitzgerald....He's counted on to make a more immediate impact this year and next...compared to Eli who more than likely will be riding the bench during that span as either a 2nd or 3rd string QB........

Let's just all finally reserve judgment for once than over-racting on something that hasnt been substantiated as of yet.......

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Renz said:

Again you are right on with your post. You beat me to it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

Will there be enough money to sign Dockett and dansby? (Calling all capologists)

Haven't seen the terms yet, what's the 1 year cap value for this year, how much is left for Dansby and dockett?

My big concern is paying over the slot sets up potential issues with Dansby and Dockett's agents asking for the same. And as I've been saying since last season, eventually we're going to have to redo Quan's contract. There's only 2 scenarios where were don't, first is last year turns out to have been a huge fluke(not flipping likely), or we just decide to tell him tough beans you signed it now honor it. I really don't see the first one happening, and I really hope the 2nd one doesn't. But now we've set the bar VERY high with Larry's deal.

But for now I think it can be very good for this franchise for a lot of reasons of changing perceptions.

Fitzfan1

Reaction score
Fitz is worth it!

swd1974 said:

If Fitz is a bust this will ruin us for the years Green is here until he is fired. If Fitz is the greatest wr ever and McCown is a bust can we afford a QB in the top 5 next year and resign Boldin? Or if MCown turns out to be great can we resign him and Boldin?

Sounds to me any way you slice it we just lost Boldin when his contract is up. Which is fine if this year is our superbowl run year I guess.

Can anyone here sit there with a straight face and say a rookie wr is worth 20 million up front? Is he worth all that money if he turns out to be the next Moss?

I understand your concern about a wide receiver but let me give you some perspective on this player from a Pitt fan that has watched him week in and week out. First, barring injury, there is ZERO chance of Fitz being a bust. Just not going to happen. He has a tremendous work ethic and is very grounded in who he is. He will want to go out and prove that he is worth every penny if not more.

If you saw any of Pitt's season last year you already are painfully aware of a few of these issues but for those of you who don't follow Pitt football let me give you a recap of how bad things were for us last year.

We started the season with very lofty expectations, however injuries on the oline and rb positions drastically diminished our offensive ability. Our oline was so horrendous that we could barely mount any form of a running game all season long. In addition our qb (Rod Rutherford - who went undrafted) was scrambling for his life on almost every play. Rutherford also didn't have much of a knack for hitting receivers in stride and had very little ability to throw the short pass to the backs out of the backfield. At wr we had one receiver coming back from knee surgery, one wr get killed prior to the season and had another transfer out. So we started with only one proven wr. With all that said every single team knew our game plan was to throw to Fitz on almost every play. This made it very easy for teams to double and triple cover him. Despite all these facts he went out and put up pretty amazing numbers week in and week out. The only games that he got "shut down" were games were the defense had our qb sacked 8-10 times (Miami and ND come to mind).

Again considering that our qb was not the best and rarely hit him in stride just think of how much better these numbers could have been had he not always had to stop and out jump the opposition to catch the ball. Regardless, I have never (on any level, including the pros) seen a receiver make as many difficult catches in traffic. He has the BEST concentration that I have ever had the pleasure to witness.

You have a great one in the making. Be happy. And if your qb has any talent and your line can block a little he could go on to be one of the greatest ever.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Renz said:

What are the chances of Fitz being Offensive ROY and Dockett Defensive ROY? Has that ever happened on the same team? :shrug:

OP
OP
C

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
masterphomeg said:
What are the chances of Fitz being Offensive ROY and Dockett Defensive ROY? Has that ever happened on the same team? :shrug:

shhhhhhhhhhh

Talk like that will make us have to pay 21 million in signing bonus for dockett!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread, but maybe it's more appropriate here...

That bittersweet taste in your mouth? It's the Cardinals. But, I'll take bittersweet over just bitter, like we've grown accustom to over the years.

Fitz is signed--that's sweet. Fitz is signed to a rediculously huge contract--that's bitter. I'll ride it out and see what happens, but if the Cardinals fail with this strategy, at least they tried a new tact instead of taking the same hard-line approach to contract negotiations.

What's that quote about insanity? Something about trying the same thing over and over again but expecting different results...Well, they've switched up the game on us, sportsfans. For that, we should be grateful.

It boils down to this: Do you believe Green is the offensive talent evaluator the media (and VikesFan) makes him out to be? If the answer is yes, then the Cardinals will be fine--they just signed the second coming of Randy Moss/Jerry Rice. If the answer is "no," you don't believe he can gaze into his crystal ball and pinpoint NFL superstars before they step on the professional field then the Cards just made a fairly large blunder--they just signed the second coming of David Terrell/JJ Stokes.

Me? I'll take a wait and see and enjoy the fact that our first round selection will be practicing with the team this year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz is signed--that's sweet.
I've been looking all over the web for corroboration of Fitz's signing. So far, all I have is Pasquarelli's story. Nothing from the team yet. (Usually by now, we'd hear corroborating stories - particularly via local radio or TV?).

Just being cautious.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff, the Redzone is reporting it, but they are using Pasquarelli's article as the source.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Fitz is signed--that's sweet.
I've been looking all over the web for corroboration of Fitz's signing. So far, all I have is Pasquarelli's story. Nothing from the team yet. (Usually by now, we'd hear corroborating stories - particularly via local radio or TV?).

Just being cautious.

MJ has said it as well on AM 1060.

MJ has confirmed the signing.

Reaction score
masterphomeg said:
:hairraise

This post deserves:

:stick: :stick: :stick:

Last edited: