Fitz, Winslow or Taylor

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
Does everyone really thing the 2 canes are #3 pick worthy? I am not sure, but my gut instinct says no. I am becoming more and more intrigued by Winslow if Fitz is not there but his Heisman pose in the first game of the season last year scares me a bit of his character.

Frankly I do not get excited about Taylor. I know I should but I just don't think I know enough about him.

On the other hand I really wanted Roy Williams (OU) a couple years ago so if people tell me he is that good coming out of college I will probably get moree excited.

Anyway this next week will probably be a long one.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sean Taylor! :thumbup: :D :p :eek:

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Oddly enough, they are each the reason why the other is worthy of #3. What I mean is that TEs like Winslow are the new trend in the NFL, and the only way to contain them is with a safety like Taylor. Every team wants a Winslow to create matchup problems because there aren't enough great safeties, and every team wants a Taylor to try to control the ever growing and athletic tight ends. For every reason Winslow is worthy, Taylor is equally worthy and vice versa. There are very few dominant tight ends in the league and even less dominant safeties who can match up with them. Taylor and Winslow are both by far the best in the draft at their positions, so if one is worthy of any spot in the draft, the other is equally worthy as his defensive counterpart.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
sundevilscott said:
Frankly I do not get excited about Taylor. I know I should but I just don't think I know enough about him.

On the other hand I really wanted Roy Williams (OU) a couple years ago so if people tell me he is that good coming out of college I will probably get moree excited.

I'm very excited about Taylor, he is IMO, the best defensive player in the draft by far, not just a little, alot.

I also wanted Roy Williams - OU big time coming out of that draft, and am sad that the COWPOKES got him, suck, I hate seein my favorite players on that team.(Darren Woodsen is another) Taylor is not as physical around the line of scrimmage as Roy, and doesn't hit with the same magnitude, but he makes up for that in coverage. He's no sissy though, he WILL bring the wood on Sunday.

His playmaking ability at centerfield is going to continue in the NFL, he can read the WRs and the QB exceptionally well. If you were excited about Roy coming out of college, you should be just as excited to see Sean Taylor coming out IMO. He is a game changer, and that is the bottomline isn't it? He will help us win.

Oh and yes Sean Taylor is definately worthy of the #3 overall pick, you don't draft POSITIONS, you draft football players.

Winslow you can say the same for, the matchup problems he will create will be game changing as well, but hey he plays offense, lets stick to the side of the ball where the REAL men play. :p

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be excited to get either Fitz or Taylor.

But something about Winslow turns me off - possibly our lack of need at the TE position; possibly because he needs to tell the world he's a "freakin' soldier." Other than that, there's no other logic behind this - just a gut feeling.

If we couldn't land Fitz or Taylor, I'd feel much better if we drafted Mike Williams, Roy Williams, the QB's, Gallery or even Wilfork.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
If we couldn't land Fitz or Taylor, I'd feel much better if we drafted Mike Williams, Roy Williams, the QB's, Gallery or even Wilfork.

My thoughts exacty, please don't draft Winslow Mr. Green. I'd hate to run into the guy on Mill Ave and have to kick his ass for telling me he's a soldier. :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05