Folks...What was your instant reaction when...

What was your reaction seeing the Matrix rolling around in agoney?

• Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Votes: 44 71.0%
  • Crap...there goes the Matrix for Kevin G. trade...

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Other...

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters

Djaughe

Reaction score
During Game 5...Marion came down hard on his right foot and was rolling around in agony on the floor?

jibikao

Reaction score
I thought Suns was cursed. Key injuries happen all the time in the post season. I was amzed Marion came back.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew that he had stepped on a foot, and was worried. I had the same thing happen to me, and I was not able to walk on my ankle for 6 months. However, once I saw the replay, I saw that he did not roll the ankle, and just tweaked.

I chose other.

OP
OP
D

Djaughe

Reaction score
I was definitely like this....

Attachments

• NOOOOOOO.jpg
    NOOOOOOO.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 273

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I wasn't that worried. It seems like once or twice a season, Marion lands funny and appears to be in terrible agony, writhing around like his world is about to end. Then a few minutes later, he's shrugged it off like nothing happened.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Willis Reed! Willis Reed! Seriously, the way Marion was writhing on the ground, I figured he fractured it in 20 places ... powdered dust bones. Then he comes back in a blink of an eye and he's jumping two head lengths higher than Brand to grab some more rebounds.

The things that motivate and get Marion going continue to perplex me. Me thinks the Matrix has a ********** on speed dial.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For some reason, I didn't think it was that bad, mostly because of how active he was rolling around. He also kept resting the foot on the court (most of the time it would hurt too much to do that), rather than keeping it up, so I figured it was just a tweak, much like what happened to Nash. Then when he was carried back to the bench, halfway there it appeared that he started walking on it on his own.

Before Raja's 3, however, I was pretty gloomy.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was a bunch of crap that the Clippers players walked under him when he's hanging on the rim (so that he doesn't land on anyone). They actually just got closer to him instead of giving him space to come down.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
I thought it was a bunch of crap that the Clippers players walked under him when he's hanging on the rim (so that he doesn't land on anyone). They actually just got closer to him instead of giving him space to come down.

And black helicopters were spotted at 7th St. and McDowell last night.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i've seen trix hit the ground and roll aroundin such a way i not only feared for his career but his life. only to have him hobble over to the bench and be put back in within a minute. he plays better hurt.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gaddabout said:
And black helicopters were spotted at 7th St. and McDowell last night.
Watch the replay, Mobley is 10 ft from the hoop and walks under the basket as Marion's hanging like he's going to pick up the ball to inbound it and Shawn falls right on him. The other two clippers weren't moving away from the basket either.

I don't think he was intentionally trying to injure him, but it was a careless and stupid move on Mobley's part. I really don't know what he was thinking when he started walking under a guy hanging on the rim. Maybe it was a cheap shot like the Lakers taking Shawn's legs out when he went for alley-oops to make him less aggressive.

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I was just stressed and numb from the game tension to have any kind of reaction...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
jbeecham said:

I saw that too and thought the refs would call him for hanging. After what ended up happening, I wish that they did.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Watch the replay, Mobley is 10 ft from the hoop and walks under the basket as Marion's hanging like he's going to pick up the ball to inbound it and Shawn falls right on him. The other two clippers weren't moving away from the basket either.

I don't think he was intentionally trying to injure him, but it was a careless and stupid move on Mobley's part. I really don't know what he was thinking when he started walking under a guy hanging on the rim. Maybe it was a cheap shot like the Lakers taking Shawn's legs out when he went for alley-oops to make him less aggressive.

OK, I'll buy that. It looked like three Clippers were standing around the basket trying to figure out how Marion got inside for that rebound. If anything, I thought they were just stunned, because that was a freak-of-nature kind of play. Marion was a blur, and he had been hanging on the rim for 2 seconds when the Clips big men figured out what happened.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
It was "Oh crap...now the game is gone" to "Dammit, the whole starting front line from the beginning of the season is gone" to "Figures, now there will be no KG trade".

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I thought he twisted his knee... so I assumed he was out of the game. We would then lose the game and lose game 6... Ball game, season. Instead, he pulled a Jordan - faking serious pain.... errrrrrrr.... manning up and coming strong to be the hero.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
During Game 5...Marion came down hard on his right foot and was rolling around in agony on the floor?
I thought damn, this sucks but at least cheesebeef will now see how important Marion is and get what he deserves for trashing on Marion so much on this board.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My reaction was, "Damn! I better open another bottle of wine!" That's pretty much the last thing I remember thinking. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nasser22 said:
I thought damn, this sucks but at least cheesebeef will now see how important Marion is and get what he deserves for trashing on Marion so much on this board.

wow - I'm honored. I getunder your skin sooooo much that at one of the most crucial moments of the entire season, all you were thniking about was me? That makes me smile.

And it's a pretty assinine comment/thought regardless - you make it seem like I think this team would be better without Marion AND DOING NOTHING ELSE TO REPLACE HIM - when all along I've said the only way I deal Marion is for Garnett. I know how important Marion is to THIS team, but THIS team as currently constructed ain't gonna win a title. But hey - if you have a content/loser fan complex and just want to root for guys, regardless of if they win a title or not, that's your (very sad) perogative. Personally, I've watched this team for too long to be content with an also-ran - believe me, you're young - you'll get there too. I was the same way back 88-89 when I was just going into high school.

But wow - still chuckling that you thought of me there - do you have nightmares about me too?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
wow - I'm honored. I getunder your skin sooooo much that at one of the most crucial moments of the entire season, all you were thniking about was me? That makes me smile.

And it's a pretty assinine comment/thought regardless - you make it seem like I think this team would be better without Marion AND DOING NOTHING ELSE TO REPLACE HIM - when all along I've said the only way I deal Marion is for Garnett. I know how important Marion is to THIS team, but THIS team as currently constructed ain't gonna win a title. But hey - if you have a content/loser fan complex and just want to root for guys, regardless of if they win a title or not, that's your (very sad) perogative. Personally, I've watched this team for too long to be content with an also-ran - believe me, you're young - you'll get there too. I was the same way back 88-89 when I was just going into high school.

But wow - still chuckling that you thought of me there - do you have nightmares about me too?

Unless they are incredibly naive, I doubt anyone has any confidence that this team, as of today, can win a championship. But, this is not THE team. If you add Amare and KT to the mix, what does that give you? With Marion, I believe it gives us a genuine championship contender.

You've made it sound like this team -- the FULL team -- will go NOWHERE unless a major trade happens, in your case, for Shawn Marion.

Tell me I'm wrong, Cheese. Please.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Unless they are incredibly naive, I doubt anyone has any confidence that this team, as of today, can win a championship. But, this is not THE team. If you add Amare and KT to the mix, what does that give you? With Marion, I believe it gives us a genuine championship contender.

You've made it sound like this team -- the FULL team -- will go NOWHERE unless a major trade happens, in your case, for Shawn Marion.

Tell me I'm wrong, Cheese. Please.

You're not wrong - but your making a HUGE assumption (IMO) that Amare is Amare when he comes back - I'm very leary of holding that opinion. That's why I see KG as an insurance policy in a way. If the deal is made, The Nash/Bell/KG/Diaw/KT/TT team is better than what we have now - and if Amare DOES come back, we absolutely DEMOLISH everyone.

Like I said, if Amare is able to come back full bore next year, I really have no problem with Marion on the team and he'd be the perfect complementary player as that team likely WOULD demolish everyone, but that's a HUGE if on Amare IMO and thus the reason that if that deal we're to be available, you'd have to take it in a heartbeat - either way, the team is better and you have insurance in case Amare never becomes Amare again.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I agree with Chaplin. Our team, healthy and with Marion, is good enough to win. I don't think we will win right now but as each day goes by I'm getting more and more confident in the team we have now. Especially when Kurt gets back even if he only helps a little.