For everyone bitching and complaining . . .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WE WON A GAME ON THE ROAD - WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM A TEAM THAT HAS BEEN A LAUGHINGSTOCK FOR THE LAST TWO SEASON?!

My god - there's so many people bitching here - did Josh play great - Hell no - did Josh play well - hell no - but good God - he finally did what most of us were complaining about - STEP UP WHEN IT MATTERED - have some freaking patience you guys - seriously - this board is really showing a higher level of stupidity than I thought existed here.

I mean if I - one of the more vocal opinions in the BASH JOSH BRIGADE can cut him some slack - surely others who have flipped today can. Come on guys - THIS IS WHAT REBUILDING - OR BETTER PUT - BUILDING LOOKS LIKE! We've just never seen it before.

Rip away.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree. Josh did pull through at the end.

I am just glad to win.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was pissed with 1:54 to go in the game. But, when that clock hit :00 and we were one up, all the anger went away. The Cards won and I'm going to feel much better getting up for work tomorrow than I did on any Monday after the 17 previous road games.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice post Cheesey! :thumbup:

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's been over 2 years since I've been able to sit at home and watch my team win.....forgot what that felt like.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Agreed Cheese, We have to get one monkey off our backs at a time. The road monkey is huge. Holding on and winning is right there and not giving up is another.

Nice win.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I swear I have to work every Sunday now. Since I started my job down here at college I've worked on only three Sundays...You guessed it, our three wins! What do I do?! :shrug:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
green machine said:
I swear I have to work every Sunday now. Since I started my job down here at college I've worked on only three Sundays...You guessed it, our three wins! What do I do?! :shrug:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP WORKING!!!

:D

pete

All Star
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
WE WON A GAME ON THE ROAD - WE ARE NOT THAT GOOD - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING FROM A TEAM THAT HAS BEEN A LAUGHINGSTOCK FOR THE LAST TWO SEASON?!

My god - there's so many people bitching here - did Josh play great - Hell no - did Josh play well - hell no - but good God - he finally did what most of us were complaining about - STEP UP WHEN IT MATTERED - have some freaking patience you guys - seriously - this board is really showing a higher level of stupidity than I thought existed here.

I mean if I - one of the more vocal opinions in the BASH JOSH BRIGADE can cut him some slack - surely others who have flipped today can. Come on guys - THIS IS WHAT REBUILDING - OR BETTER PUT - BUILDING LOOKS LIKE! We've just never seen it before.

Rip away.

I'll tell you what I'm pissed off about. The Cards have a legit shot to go to the playoffs this year since this division blows and they are wasting it by grooming a QB for the future. With even a slight upgrade in play at the QB position, the Cards are 5-3 right now and tied for first place instead of 3-5.

Yes, he had one nice drive at the end of the game yesterday, but the fact is, McCown is seriously holding this offense back with his inability to deliver the ball to the WRs.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
pete said:
I'll tell you what I'm pissed off about. The Cards have a legit shot to go to the playoffs this year since this division blows and they are wasting it by grooming a QB for the future. With even a slight upgrade in play at the QB position, the Cards are 5-3 right now and tied for first place instead of 3-5.

Yes, he had one nice drive at the end of the game yesterday, but the fact is, McCown is seriously holding this offense back with his inability to deliver the ball to the WRs.

It is a shame we have one of the best receiving corps in the NFL and a very marginal QB to throw to them. Fitz let it be known he was unhappy with the game at Buffalo and not getting the ball. I do not think they threw to him at all. It seems we are more concerned about developing Josh than winning games. You have to believe the receivers are not happy this way this thing is developing. DG apparently thinks we have to run the ball (why did he draft a receiver #!?). Is it because he does not have much faith in Josh? We clearly do not have a good running so I am lost at what DG's plan is. I do not know that DG knows what his plan is. When you see coaching changes at midseason you know their is some internal turmoil about how things are being run.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, john h, you hated Plummer and he's a top ten QB now. You loved a rapist drafted by the 49ers who is now out of football. And now you hate McCown and love Roethlisberger.

Next week, you'll love somebody else who doesn't have to play behind the Cards oline. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good point Cheese. Last week, all that mattered was a W, who cares about numbers and excuses. Now I guess that Ws aren't good enough.

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Good point Cheese. Last week, all that mattered was a W, who cares about numbers and excuses. Now I guess that Ws aren't good enough.
No. No one is not happy about the win.

But that doesn't change the fact that the QB play was horrid, and that will prevent this team from winning more than 1 or 2 games for the rest of this year when they are in fact in playoff contention.

Is anyone aware that the Cards are ONE GAME out of the wild card spot, and Boldin has less than 100 yards total so far? PERSPECTIVE PLEASE

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I remember I posted one year that our QB was playing God-awful football, he was lucky he wasn't picked twice as much as he had been up to that point, and we were going to get hammered because of it. I was shouted down, laughed at, ridiculed, and told because we were winning, I was just being a doom and gloomer.

We were 4-2 and Plummer was that guy. Yeah, I was pretty dumb in my ideas, huh? :rolleyes: We all know how THAT season turned out.

Point is, no matter if we win, if a player is SUCKING, he's still sucking. McCown flat-out sucked yesterday. He had ONE good drive, and ONE really good throw. That's not enough. If you're Favre and you're a proven commodity, and you have a bad game yet come back to win it, that's one thing. If you're McCown and suck and show regression week after week after week after god-awful week, and do it, it doesn't matter one lick. Because the fact remains, McCown still sucks.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
No. No one is not happy about the win.

But that doesn't change the fact that the QB play was horrid, and that will prevent this team from winning more than 1 or 2 games for the rest of this year when they are in fact in playoff contention.

Is anyone aware that the Cards are ONE GAME out of the wild card spot, and Boldin has less than 100 yards total so far? PERSPECTIVE PLEASE
Please. You have no credibility because the only thing you discuss is why King should be QB, and you've got Russ joining you for the ride.

I'm not completely happy about Josh's performance but I've seen King play as well. He's not the answer. I'll defer to the guy who's coaching this team instead of a bunch of second guessers who's actual experience in football (other than watching it and studying stats) I would be interested to know.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This_Guy said:

Here's some perspective for you.

Boldin:
Games played-2
Games started-1
Games double teamed- 2

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Rip away.

:thumbup: :notworthy :cheers:

Thanks Cheese that's an all american post if I ever heard one.

He made a great throw, maybe it was luck maybe he was good on that play but when it mattered most he did it.

End of story, for at least that game.

He is getting a shot and that's all he deserves and he has very little time to prove himself so he better step it up or we'll get a new QB. Either way I am pumped cause Fitz will be a PLAYER in this league. Great draft by DG.

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
earthsci said:
Please. You have no credibility because the only thing you discuss is why King should be QB, and you've got Russ joining you for the ride.

I'm not completely happy about Josh's performance but I've seen King play as well. He's not the answer. I'll defer to the guy who's coaching this team instead of a bunch of second guessers who's actual experience in football (other than watching it and studying stats) I would be interested to know.
Well if you think I have no credibility, that's your right to make that mistake. Russ is along for the ride? Russ thinks King is worse than McCown. That Russ and I engage in intelligent discussion about the QB position only makes us realists.....as in we realize that it's great to win a game, but that the play of the quarterback will likely prevent us from winning any more games this year.

"Not completely happy"? That would be a generous appraisal of McCown's play yesterday, which was beyond miserable. Everyone of the TV announcers, Cards' beat writers and every poster on ASFN Boards during the game wanted and expected a change. When it's that unanimous.....

FYI- Just curious, if you've seen King play and you know he's not the answer, please be so kind as to let me know what your opinion of Drew Brees was around week 1 of the NFL season. Surely, you've seen him over the years, and I'm sure you knew he'd be an MVP candidate this year, correct?
Here's some perspective for you.
Boldin:
Games played-2
Games started-1
Games double teamed- 2
That's confusing. Because I saw Josh throwing to a triple covered Karl Williams and a triple covered Fitz and a double covered Johnson, and since they are double covering Boldin as well, one can only assume the 15 players they are using on defense is a logical explanation for McCown's poor play.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
FYI- Just curious, if you've seen King play and you know he's not the answer, please be so kind as to let me know what your opinion of Drew Brees was around week 1 of the NFL season. Surely, you've seen him over the years, and I'm sure you knew he'd be an MVP candidate this year, correct?
Nope. I didn't. You got me there. I didn't have him written off though. I gave him a little credit for having a less than stellar line last year and a little more developement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05