OP
Red Fury

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
nidan said:
Of course it was a cheap shot. You said

Where are there any facts in this. By definition (as non of these players are on our roster) you are stating your opinion. You are stating your opinion on a hyperthectical (and never to happen) situation. Speculation pure and simple.

The only fact is that Jones couldn't hang on the starters spot with the Cardinals, so you can hardley class him as a starter.

If want to believe that all these players would start for us fine, but that's your oipinion not a fact. In reality you said it in the first place for no other reason that to put an emphsis on how bad you think the Cardinals are.

Hence its a cheap shot with no basis in fact, but don't try to pass off your opinions as facts. Your opinions may or may not be correct but they are not facts.

Two things Nidan, if Thomas Jones was available do you think that DG would be interested in him?

Do you think that DG would take the 5 defensive lineman that Swede listed on his list of 10 flops? I think the 5 listed could make a pretty good DL and wouldn't consider them flops. Heck two of the listed DL registered more than 10 sacks in a year.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
Two things Nidan, if Thomas Jones was available do you think that DG would be interested in him?

Do you think that DG would take the 5 defensive lineman that Swede listed on his list of 10 flops? I think the 5 listed could make a pretty good DL and wouldn't consider them flops. Heck two of the listed DL registered more than 10 sacks in a year.
Yes and I have no idea. I think the definition of flop/bust (with the exception of Leaf) is misleading as it doesn't take into account schemes, coaching, attitude etc.

Having seen the difference in the way DG organizes the team, I think that we are now in the situation that some other teams have historicly been in. That is, to take a bust/problem child from another team and remake them in DG image. Does this work most of the time, no, but occasionaly it produces gems. Didn't Steve Young get cut at one time from Tampa?

But my point was these like yours are opinions not facts. You have been trying to pass off your opinion as a fact and will get called on it every time.

OP
OP
Red Fury

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
nidan said:
But my point was these like yours are opinions not facts. You have been trying to pass off your opinion as a fact and will get called on it every time.

How have I been passing off my opinion as fact. Just because you may not agree with my opinion doesn't mean that it is wrong. For the most part everything that is written on this board is opinion.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
If you or ASFN have a very good idea why the Cards didn't draft Leftwich then why don't you tell us. Don't you think that alot of people would like to know?

1) They may have felt they had their QB of the future with McCown
2) Leftwich's leg was broken in 3 places, many scouts were afraid of him becoming like Joe Theisman and never being the same again.
3) When dealing with #2, remember to factor in how much guaranteed money you pay a top 5 player.
4) He had poor workouts, which were most likely related to his injuries

Does that answer your question

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
I think the positives has more to do with DG than anything else. You can't blame Mac, RG was the one who was in charge. Why would you let a lame duck coach dictate your draft? That wouldn't be real smart would it?

So let me get this right...

You can blame Graves for the bad (and not Mac) but when something goes well its all the work of Dennis Green.

Nice logic. You are in no way biased against Rod Graves whatsoever :rolleyes:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
Off the top of my head, I know that Davis and Vick have been to the Pro Bowl so you can take those two off of your list. I'll have to check on the others.

Funny thing though, most of these guys would be starters for the Cardinals, including Thomas Jones.

Am I Missing something here?

When did BIG go to the Pro Bowl? :shrug:

OP
OP
Red Fury

Red Fury

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
So let me get this right...

You can blame Graves for the bad (and not Mac) but when something goes well its all the work of Dennis Green.

Nice logic. You are in no way biased against Rod Graves whatsoever :rolleyes:

I think Mac was a below average HC. DG is making most of the decisions right now and if things go wrong it will be his fault. If he screws up the draft next year it will be his fault not Graves.

Graves has to be held accountable while he was at the helm, same goes for DG.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
1) They may have felt they had their QB of the future with McCown
2) Leftwich's leg was broken in 3 places, many scouts were afraid of him becoming like Joe Theisman and never being the same again.
3) When dealing with #2, remember to factor in how much guaranteed money you pay a top 5 player.
4) He had poor workouts, which were most likely related to his injuries

Does that answer your question

Pretty close to what I've read. The big concern about Leftwich's leg is that he had a hairline fracture just above the ankle, he went against doctors advice and continued to play (because he wanted to win games) and it eventually became a fractured left tibia which he played on in the famous teammates carry him down the field game. Had a hairline fracture in the SAME leg the prior year that they inserted a rod into the tibia for, in fact they said that rod actually lessened the severity of the break the next year.

Scouts were very concerned about that leg as a result.

Most of the poor workout stuff was misleading, he needed 6 weeks post college season to rehab, which meant he couldn't run when most teams wanted him to run, so he was not only getting back into game shape, he was being marked down for "ducking" the 40 because he knew he wouldn't run well since he wasn't fully 100% ready to run. Scouts started to say he wasn't "cooperative" as a result.

you can see why he did it, he was rated ahead of Palmer until late in the year, then the leg started him to slide, if he admitted that he couldn't run full speed yet, with all the concern over his leg, it would have made him fall even further. So he simply refused to run for people early on and let them think he was just uncooperative.

HE eventually did run for people, ran a 4.85, and that's what got him back up the board. Everyone agreed he had a better arm than Palmer, and his leadership grades were off the board because of the playing with a broken leg thing.

Great arm, if he stays healthy the sky is the limit.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red Fury said:
Not a cheap shot, just a statement of fact, it says where the Cards have been but not where they are going. I think that DG can get the job done as long as everyone stays out of his way and lets him go to work.
Is why

Status
Not open for further replies.