For Those of You Who Continue to Apologize for Sarver

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure he was talking about how the good always seem to die young. They arrest Nazi war criminals in their 90's and people like Roger Zelazny die in their 50's. Why? What did you think he was talking about? Basketball or something??? I guess it's an outside possibility that he was talking about the subject mentioned in the thread title. You know, Sarver bad and all that.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he was talking about how the good always seem to die young. They arrest Nazi war criminals in their 90's and people like Roger Zelazny die in their 50's. Why? What did you think he was talking about? Basketball or something??? I guess it's an outside possibility that he was talking about the subject mentioned in the thread title. You know, Sarver bad and all that.

I still dont get it

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Uh, maybe you didn't hear...Sarver took the Suns to the WCF!

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
My life is so enhanced by posts made when someone who takes sarcasm litterally. :thud:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sarver took the Suns to the WCF!

Really?

Sometimes people achieve because they have great leaders.
Sometimes people achieve in spite of their leaders.

The Clippers have had 50 win seasons.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Really?

Sometimes people achieve because they have great leaders.
Sometimes people achieve in spite of their leaders.

The Clippers have had 50 win seasons.

If you've followed any of these threads, you'd know this is sarcasm. Poker has been beating this drum tirelessly, and ignores everything else.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If you've followed any of these threads, you'd know this is sarcasm. Poker has been beating this drum tirelessly, and ignores everything else.

I don't think everybody meant it sarcastically but I'll take your word for it.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Actually the Sarver haters have been beating their drums endlessly, ignoring everything else.....Sarver has spent and spent and his team gets to the WCF and they cant give him any props. Pathetic.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Actually the Sarver haters have been beating their drums endlessly, ignoring everything else.....Sarver has spent and spent and his team gets to the WCF and they cant give him any props. Pathetic.

Most people are DEFINED by their first impression and Sarver has not lived down the JJ fiasco. It was not that much later when the KT fiasco came up. Sarver might have got more sympathy if he admitted screwing up, but he never did.

Sarver may be a fan in his right, but he's never understood his fan base. Stuff doesn't just blow over. People remember.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most people are DEFINED by their first impression and Sarver has not lived down the JJ fiasco. It was not that much later when the KT fiasco came up. Sarver might have got more sympathy if he admitted screwing up, but he never did.

Sarver may be a fan in his right, but he's never understood his fan base. Stuff doesn't just blow over. People remember.

I'm surprised at this point anyone even has the guts to even bring up JJ against Sarver. JJ is an obvious headcase sayiing things like "Not wanting to be Nash's decoy in the corner" to "I dont care if fans show up or not". Then on top of it JJ shoots under 40% in the playoffs. If anything Sarver was vindicated...but then again JJ was the one that didnt want to be with the Suns. Sarver didnt turn him down...JJ didnt want to be here. People say things like "We could have locked him in a year prior"....Yeah locked him in for what? To shoot his unhappy mouth off and lay playoff eggs? Is that what we're supposed to regret? He still wouldnt have liked being "Nash's decoy"...He still wouldnt have liked not being "da man".

About KT...He got rid of KT and brought in Shaq. So the KT dealing looked bad..Bottom line the Suns made it as far without KT as they did with him.

Last edited:

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Sarver made the decision to NOT extend JJ in 2004. It was a bad decision and seriouly alienated him. Yes, JJ was a head case, but 2004 decision not to extend made it worse.

I'm not sure exactly who made the decision about the Marion for Shaq deal. I've heard Sarver went behind Kerr's back on that one, but that is only a rumor. But in any case, the KT deal was one that involved selling draft picks to get rid of a very useful player. This year the Suns have no first round pick due to it being traded to what is now OK Cityl.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Again, (shockingly) you don't seem to grasps the particulars of the situation, and view it from an incredibly puerile standpoint. Many here have tried to explain to you their issues with Sarver as an owner, yet you seem to blatantly ignore the many troubling moves he's made as an owner, and continue to give him kudos for things that maybe only tangentially he deserves credit for.

Continue to use idiot words like "hater" though, it pretty much says all you need to know about discourse with people like you.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sarver made the decision to NOT extend JJ in 2004. It was a bad decision and seriouly alienated him. Yes, JJ was a head case, but 2004 decision not to extend made it worse.

Well Atlanta gave JJ everything he wanted and then some...now JJ is even worse still.

Dont put the whole thing on Sarvers doorstep...JJ didnt like his role on the team and that wouldnt have changed because he got signed....prior or after.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, (shockingly) you don't seem to grasps the particulars of the situation, and view it from an incredibly puerile standpoint. Many here have tried to explain to you their issues with Sarver as an owner, yet you seem to blatantly ignore the many troubling moves he's made as an owner, and continue to give him kudos for things that maybe only tangentially he deserves credit for.

Continue to use idiot words like "hater" though, it pretty much says all you need to know about discourse with people like you.

People like me? You started this thread to bait Sarver supporters but when I debate it you get personal and cant hack it.

Dont start something you cant finish. People like YOU should stick to talking basketball.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
People like me? You started this thread to bait Sarver supporters but when I debate it you get personal and cant hack it.

Dont start something you cant finish. People like YOU should stick to talking basketball.

Please re-read the first paragraph.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sarver has spent money. Who he chooses to keep and get rid of, hasn't always worked for us. If he wants to build the team on the cheap, then he better start hanging on to draft picks! Otherwise, we will be getting mid level free agents at best to fill out our team. If we let Amare walk, we better bring in a top big to replace him, or I will be VERY disappointed in the direction the team is taking.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05