Forget Melvin's Extension-- Get this guy!!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
they made a run at him last year as well - i think they like his minor league experience, his knowledge of the division and are hoping for him to be a father figure type manager to a lot of the young latin talent on the team

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they made a run at him last year as well - i think they like his minor league experience, his knowledge of the division and are hoping for him to be a father figure type manager to a lot of the young latin talent on the team

He was the 2nd choice last year. The Marlin job is a terrible job. No payroll. No fan base. It makes me think that Bobby Cox is at the end of his run and Fredi needs to get out of Atlanta. Joe had no problem with any of the players, including Latin players.

Jeff Luria is attempting to cut a stadium deal in Hialeah ( aka Little Havana ), and probably thinks a guy whose last name ends in " Z " will help him cut the deal. That is the way Luria thinks, .... not me.

P.S. The local media and whatever fans exist, think Joe got screwed. Fredi has a rude awakening coming, although, supposedly his deal is for 3 years.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
not all fans think Joe got screwed - many wanted Fredi last year and are glad to see him this year - it is a terrible job and I really didn't hear much discontent amongst players this year - it wasn't always sugar and spice as scott olsen can attest to (then again I'm of the mind that olsen needs that every once and again)

there is also talk that loria was the only guy who really wanted girardi last year (yankee connection) and after the blowup he no longer supported him against beinfest

if only the team could get a stadium and owner worthy of the GMs they've had...............

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05