Fox and ESPN

Lomax15

Reaction score
Does anybody else get pissed off watching those pre-game shows when they keep talking about what a great coach Mac is and how he is getting the most out of his talent and when they lose its Bidwill's fault. I think everyone confuses the fact that Mac is a great guy not a great head coach. The mismanagement in yesterdays game was not Bidwill's fault.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
In a way it is becouse no real coach would be willing to work for Bidwill.

X-29Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
They neglect to mention that the same reason the Cards don't have great talent on the field is why they have a coach like McGinnis on the sidelines.

McGinnis is not a good NFL head coach. They got what they paid for IMO.

They have not been willing to pay to get and keep great players and/or coaches.

Hopefully, they will send a message and bring in a coach with a history of winning. When this happens, then they will have started to turn the corner IMO.

Of course, this is assuming they do fire McGinnis and staff.

FanOfTheGame1

Riding The Pine
Reaction score
Since McGinnis is so likable and well-connected, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he becomes one of those coaches that just keeps on getting HC jobs that he doesn't deserve. Sorta like Marion Campbell, Leeman Bennett, Jerry Glanville. There are a lot of guys like that. Who knows, maybe someday he'll get lucky and have a good run somewhere.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Coach Mac could have succsess with a Team full of Veterans that could motivate themselves. Maybe a team like the Raiders were last year. However I believe he doesn't have the personality to make a team of young players produce.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mac isn't a horrible DC but he is just in way over his head as a HC. Just too much going on with managing people and games for him and I think his true calling is a D coach or DC. Remember when he took the interim job, it seemed like he was going to resign in protest of Tobin being fired and Tobin told him not to fall on the sword for him?

Sully wanted to fall on the sword for Mac earlier and was talked out of it.

Mac will work again but I doubt it will be as a HC. He will get hired as a DC or D coach or maybe become a HC at the college level. Personally I think he could find success at the college level as a HC since it is about motivating and pumping up their players.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The mismanagement in yesterdays game was not Bidwill's fault.
Sorry. Everyone bears responsibility. For example -

Would anyone dispute the fact that yesterday's game (among others) verifies that we have this tiny little problem opposite Barrett at cornerback?

It's up to the front office to make us solid at key positions. Cornerback stood out like a sore thumb even before Starks got injured.

So yesterday's sieve-like play can be laid at the doorstep of Rod Graves - who failed to provide the talent we need at CB. And Mr. Bidwill -since he hired Rod.

Players who have ability failed to make plays. Players who aren't talented enough failed to make plays. The coaches didn't have the players prepared to play. The coaches came up with poor game plans on both sides of the ball. The coaches - after 10 games - failed to fix the team's problems in loud, hostile crowd environments. The Bidwills and Rod Graves are responsible for hiring the coaches and acquiring the players.

Based on performance as validated by W's, L's and margins of victory or defeat - the team collectively screwed up and everyone must share the responsibility (including, incidently, the fan-base who consistently fails to show up at home games in droves. I'm not saying that it's directly the fans' fault, but if we fans are to be realistic and share some of the responsibility, we should be willing to acknowledge that the lack of fan support is part of the problem too).

Last edited:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeff, I have to disagree with you in regards to "holding Bidwill" directly responsible for this.

First of all, he no longer trys to "micro-manage" this team. I mean talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't.
For years one of the biggest complaints about him has been...."let football people call the shots...give the some freedom.....take of the shackles....etc.

I'm surprised that you, of all people now criticise him as if he were the one making the decision to keep starting Renaldo Hill, for example.

By the same token, Rod Graves can only do what he can as far as player personnel. He can't dictate exactly whom to play and when. Nor should he.

If Bidwill himself tried playing Al Davis or Jerry Jones, everyone West of the Atlantic would be crying to high heaven about his "meddling".

As much as I tend to rag on Hill, I don't think he's the worst CB in the league, and I DON'T question his effort. Bidwill isn't out on the field coaching these guys, Graves may be "on the field" at times....but he, as well as Michael Bidwill have to trust to Mac's judgement. If Mac says...." This guy will work....they either have to be willing to listen to that, or if they can't trust his judgement.....then get someone with whom they do.

I think I understand where you were generally trying to go with your post, but I think you got way off base in that regard.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Mac isn't a horrible DC but he is just in way over his head as a HC.
Mac will work again but I doubt it will be as a HC. He will get hired as a DC or D coach or maybe become a HC at the college level. Personally I think he could find success at the college level as a HC since it is about motivating and pumping up their players.

Guess you forgot what the defense was like when Mac was DC. One good game vs the cowboys in the playoffs that was it.

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You wanna f*** with me 11?

Bring it.

...if you can.

Pathetic, simply pathetic. :trout:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
You wanna f*** with me 11?

Bring it.

...if you can.

Pathetic, simply pathetic. :trout:

tries - not "trys" - that's not even a simple typo! What are you lazy or somethin'?:D

Beware of the social gang Tango - beware!

:wave:

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The day I'm intimidated by you groupies just ain't gonna happen.
Dream on !!!!!
:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The day I'm intimidated by you groupies just ain't gonna happen.
Dream on !!!!!
:D

What about leaders? And who is trying to intimidate you? Me thinks someone's intimidated. It's okay - you can come play with us - the future is bright!

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
What about leaders? And who is trying to intimidate you? Me thinks someone's intimidated. It's okay - you can come play with us - the future is bright!

Leaders???

Who???

Of What???

A legend in your own mind there Cheesy?

Granted your mouth spews more than the average volume of negativity, and after yesterday's loss you appear to be gloating and swishing your feathers like a little banty rooster. Being negative is easy. Anyone can do it. Any child can do it. And there's never a shortage of mice to follow that hollow horn. What takes some real cahones is to do something more than that.

BTW save your condesending PM's for someone else.

You boys go ahead and strut your stuff. Make sure you all cover each other's backs no matter what. Sure it's popular to drag out the tired "nya nya nya, I told you so" pile of BS. Enjoy your little cardboard stage.

I make no apologies for bleeding Cardinal Red. I want Mac to succeed. I'm not ashamed of that. I still do hope he finds a way to success for both himself and the team.

If he can't, then so be it. I don't question his ethic, integrity, or dedication. He's got some very admirable qualities that not too many possess.

If you truely "me thinks someone is intimidated"....I suggest you wake TF up.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by swd1974
Guess you forgot what the defense was like when Mac was DC. One good game vs the cowboys in the playoffs that was it.

So you give MAc no credit for the entire 98 season when it was the defense that really carried the team into the playoffs? Even in 99, the defense was ranked something like 8th or 9th against the pass. Then as the talent on the defensive side of the ball began to falter, it didn't matter how much coaching there was. Hell, even in 97, the defense, while not standouts were playing very well.

So yes, he is a good DC that IMO got derailed by playing HC when he probably had no business doing that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BTW save your condesending PM's for someone else.

Wow - I was being serious in that PM. :rolleyes:

Relax dude - it's only a message board!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Granted your mouth spews more than the average volume of negativity, and after yesterday's loss you appear to be gloating and swishing your feathers like a little banty rooster. Being negative is easy. Anyone can do it. Any child can do it. And there's never a shortage of mice to follow that hollow horn. What takes some real cahones is to do something more than that.

Really - does it take real cahones to be blasted by most of the board who at one time believed this was going to be a playoff team - or does it take real cahones to continue to state your opinion even though numerous posters question if you were even a fan of the team? OR

Does it take real cahones to constantly attack people on this site, tell people to put their heads between others legs or do something else that will get them banned from the site for numerous weeks out of the year? Is that the kind of cahones I should have Tang?

Nothing I have posted since yesterday has been negative - of course you see only what you want to see - everything I have posted about has been calling for HOPE! Hope is not negativity - it's the opposite - I saw none with Mac - that's not being negative - that's being real - something I have tried to be here since my first day when I shredded one of your delusional threads - all with football takes - which you in turn turned into a wholy war - if I recall correctly Tango - didn't you threaten to leave the board forever that day if Skkorp didn't put that thread back up - why weren't you a man of your word? Oh yeah, it's impossible to be that way when you're word changes in order to suit your own preferences.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think Tango's point is reasonable.

There is only so much the front office can do each year. So far this year RG has done as much as I could expect.

What happens next will be a huge indicator of the future. If, as we all are assuming, we have a coaching change at the end of the year. I hope it is a mass change, the retaining of part of the staff is means that some areas have not changed in many years.

If we have change, let it be massive.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I think it takes real cahones to say cahones so many times :)

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef

that' not being negative - that's being real - something I have tried to be here since my first day when I shredded one of your delusional threads - all with football takes - which you in turn turned into a wholy war - if I recall correctly Tango - didn't you threaten to leave the board forever that day if Skkorp didn't put that thread back up - why weren't you a man of your word? Oh yeah, it's impossible to be that way when you're word changes in order to suit your own preferences.

I haven't the sightest idea of what specific post you are referring to. Obviously it was quite some time in past.
And just as obviously, you appear to be the one carrying around some kind of grudge ever since.
Get over yourself cheesy.

BTW....is that "wholly a war...as in entirely a war? Or holey as in a piece missing? or holy as in something the Pope or Bin Laden would be involved in? :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan