Frank Lampard unconcerned by potential interest in Callum Hudson-Odoi while Chelsea have...

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Lampard has insisted he cannot worry about Bayern Munich making yet another move for Callum Hudson-Odoi when he is agnosing over which of his first-team players to leave in the stands. Chelsea head coach Lampard has praised the attitude of Hudson-Odoi ahead of restoring him to the Chelsea squad for Wednesday night’s Champions League trip to Sevilla, but knows he will probably have to upset the winger again at some stage. Lampard has a large first-team squad full of star players and he is unable to satisfy them all on a weekly basis. Hudson-Odoi started and scored in Chelsea’s last Champions League game against Rennes, which clinched qualification to the knockout stages with two games, against Sevilla and Krasnodar to spare. But the winger was then left out of the squad for the Premier League draw with Tottenham Hotspur ahead of his anticipated return to the side in Sevilla, where Chelsea can secure top spot in Group E. “Yeah, it was difficult (to leave Callum out against Tottenham), said Lampard. “I’ve been really pleased with his training lately, I’ve spoken about Callum at different times since I’ve been in the job and his training. “His attitude is bang on, his work ethic in training and that’s affected him scoring against Rennes, coming on at Newcastle when I thought he was bright, going away with the Under-21s and doing well. “It was tough and I have tough decisions when we have a fully fit squad like we do now when we have elite players who work hard through the week, they’re desperate to play for the club but I have to leave them out. “So I did speak to him personally because I want him to feel where he’s at at the minute, which is making progress, and he’s getting better and there will be other times when other players have to sit out and the conversation will have to be with other players. “Callum’s back in contention against Sevilla. I want to see him keep it going, keep that progression going and if there are times when he’s not starting or not in the squad, the main thing is that I want him to stay positive and I suppose that is part of my job to have that communication level.”

Continue reading...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05