Free Agency 2018

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jazz extend Exum and Neto.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Isn't that more than VanVleet got? Exum has shown nothing to earn that. Thankfully that's not the Suns on the hook for that salary.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the Suns did reach out to IT for a 1 year deal. I'm not sure how it would work financially but wouldn't we have our MLE, still? There are 3 versions, tax payer, capped out, and room. So who knows. As a 1 year deal I'd be in favor of it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Of course there will be paparazzi, that's why I said it would be hard enough for him without Lebron. But it will be on an entirely different level with James on the team.
I wasn’t arguing with you. Just saying it’s ridiculous for him to desire LA and not accept he’ll be under the hottest microscope in the league.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasn’t arguing with you. Just saying it’s ridiculous for him to desire LA and not accept he’ll be under the hottest microscope in the league.
I do not know how Kahwi could swing going to the Clippers. Look at that Clippers roster. Yikes. They have absolutely nothing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, he's already in probably the safest place for him given his personality. But he knows So Cal and that's where he wants to be, he just doesn't want to be sought after by cameras and mics. I also suspect his uncle wants him there for the endorsement possibilities.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not know how Kahwi could swing going to the Clippers. Look at that Clippers roster. Yikes. They have absolutely nothing.

He can play his final year and sign there which is also the threat that's keeping the Boston's of the league from offering value packages for him.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He can play his final year and sign there which is also the threat that's keeping the Boston's of the league from offering value packages for him.
Yes. He could do that. Kahwi is an odd duck. The thing is, how can he go back to San Antonio for his final year now, with everyone knowing he is planning on leaving? They have to trade him, but if he is telling teams he will leave after that year, San Antonio has no leverage.

The Lakers might do the trade anyway, just because they can and they need to compete with GS.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. He could do that. Kahwi is an odd duck. The thing is, how can he go back to San Antonio for his final year now, with everyone knowing he is planning on leaving? They have to trade him, but if he is telling teams he will leave after that year, San Antonio has no leverage.

The Lakers might do the trade anyway, just because they can and they need to compete with GS.

I think he'd stay with the Lakers if they traded for him but not so sure if he's traded anywhere else. Of course, one season with James and the Lakers might be enough to get him to re-think his future plans.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he'd stay with the Lakers if they traded for him but not so sure if he's traded anywhere else. Of course, one season with James and the Lakers might be enough to get him to re-think his future plans.
Word is that he does not want to play with LeBron though. I could easily see him leaving for the Clips after a year.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
that Lakers team is such a ridiculous hodgepodge of mismatched talent with such little shooting. LeBron is other-worldly, but I don't know how that team as currently constructed scares anyone but Luke Walton at this point.
Yet they will probably find a way to get to about 50 wins and a western finals exit. Personally I hope they fall flat on their face, but since that's what I want it likely won't be happening.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet they will probably find a way to get to about 50 wins and a western finals exit. Personally I hope they fall flat on their face, but since that's what I want it likely won't be happening.

I don't think they get past Houston unless Mr. Hamstring gets hamstrung in the playoffs again.

Which means they probably will get to the WCF.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word is that he does not want to play with LeBron though. I could easily see him leaving for the Clips after a year.

The gang on The Jump has been saying this for a couple of weeks but they always add that it isn't because of Lebron, it's just the attention his presence will bring. Maybe there's more to it but I heard it on the Jump more than a week before I started seeing similar comments elsewhere. Until I see otherwise, I'll assume they all are derived from the original rumors.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The gang on The Jump has been saying this for a couple of weeks but they always add that it isn't because of Lebron, it's just the attention his presence will bring. Maybe there's more to it but I heard it on the Jump more than a week before I started seeing similar comments elsewhere. Until I see otherwise, I'll assume they all are derived from the original rumors.

it's so ridiculous for him to want to get out of THE best situation in the league where there's NO press and everyone raves about how the organization functions.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it's so ridiculous for him to want to get out of THE best situation in the league where there's NO press and everyone raves about how the organization functions.
If he wants a great situation with no press, you are exactly right, he needs to stay in San Antonio. The guy is schizo. Reminds me of McDyess. He is too easily manipulated by those around him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he wants a great situation with no press, you are exactly right, he needs to stay in San Antonio. The guy is schizo. Reminds me of McDyess. He is too easily manipulated by those around him.

Schizo, I doubt it, Dice like, yes. His uncle is driving this bus and it's all about money. No matter how they spin it, IMO this all started when a reporter asked him if he was going to give the Spurs another home town discount. He and his camp were irate and that led to him letting his uncle take over everything.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that more than VanVleet got? Exum has shown nothing to earn that. Thankfully that's not the Suns on the hook for that salary.

At this point I wouldn't be shocked if the Suns did reach out to IT for a 1 year deal. I'm not sure how it would work financially but wouldn't we have our MLE, still? There are 3 versions, tax payer, capped out, and room. So who knows. As a 1 year deal I'd be in favor of it.

Van Vleet will receive a contract for 2 years at $18 million. So Exum received a better contact for 3 years at $33 million but I have not sifted through player options.

If I were the Suns I would certainly reach out to IT on a one year deal.

I do not think the Suns roster is set so there might be more moves to clear salary or obtain a player via trade.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Van Vleet will receive a contract for 2 years at $18 million. So Exum received a better contact for 3 years at $33 million but I have not sifted through player options.

If I were the Suns I would certainly reach out to IT on a one year deal.

I do not think the Suns roster is set so there might be more moves to clear salary or obtain a player via trade.
I'm guessing the Suns want absolutely nothing to do with bringing IT back in. He doesn't fit the identity that they are trying to build and he can be bad for team chemistry.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05