Free Agency 2018

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and yet, they balked at giving Harden 4 years 60 million back in the day and decided to trade him instead of stretching Kendrick Perkins contract. Still goes down as the most monumental mistake in modern NBA history.
They didn't even need to stretch him. They had the amnesty clause at their disposal, they could have been totally clear of Perkins cap ramifications.

It's the biggest screw up of the modern era and most of the media totally whiffed on it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also worth noting, that was post ACL Perkins, who was among the least effective players in the NBA at that point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't even need to stretch him. They had the amnesty clause at their disposal, they could have been totally clear of Perkins cap ramifications.

It's the biggest screw up of the modern era and most of the media totally whiffed on it.

amnesty is what I meant.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Word is that he does not want to play with LeBron though. I could easily see him leaving for the Clips after a year.

All the Ringer podcasts over the weekend were saying that Kawhi has literally expressed interest in the Lakers after LeBron signed there. Also reported by CBS and the Washington Post (just the first couple results I saw).

I’m not arguing, it’s just interesting how different outlets are saying the exact opposite. But I suppose there are sources speculating.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Seems like a better fit with them.

IIRC, Isaiah Thomas has never received a big payday. It's unlikely he will receive much from the Magic or any team at this point in his career. Thomas will fill a need in Orlando if he signs there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If healthy Isaiah Canaan would have been a better signing than Felton. I hope the Suns keep him on speed dial.

I guess I like players named Isaiah. :wink2:

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I will pass on this one but to be honest I haven't seen him play. :)

His stats are not exciting though.

Sure...but if you do switch allegiance to the NAZ Suns, this Isaiah's your man.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure...but if you do switch allegiance to the NAZ Suns, this Isaiah's your man.

If he plays for the NAZ Suns I'm cool with it. :cool:

I wonder if Emmett Naar has NBA potential.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he plays for the NAZ Suns I'm cool with it. :cool:

I wonder if Emmett Naar has NBA potential.

Doubt it. Seems like a good decision maker and an efficient shooter, but he's 24 years old and averaged less than 10 points per game as a senior at St. Mary's.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doubt it. Seems like a good decision maker and an efficient shooter, but he's 24 years old and averaged less than 10 points per game as a senior at St. Mary's.

So be it. I wasn't counting on him but I always like to look at every option. At the moment the Suns appear to be content with Knight, Harrison and Okobo at PG. The best chance of Knight being successful is to start so the Suns may content not to disrupt this situation.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are Sauce and Ulis on our summer league team?

I wish they were but I don't think so. I suspect we'll re-sign Williams, I have no idea if we still have interest in Tyler.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Wouldn't be surprised if we brought Sauce back to the big team though, depending on the interest he gets on the market. He cleared waivers.

This would be awesome to bring Williams back. Let's do it.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns don't need to bring Ulis back. I would have been for it a couple weeks ago but since it created some issues with Booker it's best to avoid going through the same thing again down the road. Ulis might be an ok backup for some team but that's his ceiling. Moving on isn't a bad thing since we just drafted another backup PG in Okobo. I don't think we'll regret letting Ulis go. Give Okobo a shot and if that doesn't work out, find someone else. We shouldn't commit too much to a backup PG.

I would have been fine with him on the Summer League team though. That would have given him a shot at earning a spot on the team but since we have Okobo and Knight already, it's hard to see where he'd fit. If we can add a better starting PG that would make Ulis the odd man out. They're not waiving Knight and Okobo was just selected, so where would he play? If he was our 3rd string PG that pushes Okobo to the G-League. I expect to see Okobo on the G-League team for a little while but not stuck down there all season.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Okobo was going to play on the G team Useless would have made the roster. I think Okobo is going to see a lot of playing time behind Knight.