Free Agency 2018

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So. Does anyone believe anything else of note will happen with the Suns until training camp? Is it time to go into a 2 month basketball hibernation?
The roster guarantee date for Milos Teodosic and Patrick Beverly are on Sunday, July 15th so it may be worth it to hang around and see if they actually cut either or not.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No news on Len, Williams, or Ulis signing anywhere? I was kind of curious to see what sort of interest they would draw. Bigs aren't getting paid this offseason so I doubt Len gets much more than a veteran minimum deal and the other 2 are probably vet minimum players also.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this from a Cavs fan site suggesting they go for either Len or Williams. Len is listed #3 and Williams #4. Both are being sold as potential replacements for Tristan Thompson, who they could look to trade if they acquire them. Suggested that Williams could make $5 million a year or less and that Len could net a contract that guaranteed $20 million but didn't say for how many years, I assume it would be using their MLE though. Kind of slim pickings out there now. Other names mentioned are Shabazz Napier and Michael Beasley.

https://kingjamesgospel.com/2018/07/08/2018-nba-free-agency-options-cleveland-cavaliers/

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No news on Len, Williams, or Ulis signing anywhere? I was kind of curious to see what sort of interest they would draw. Bigs aren't getting paid this offseason so I doubt Len gets much more than a veteran minimum deal and the other 2 are probably vet minimum players also.

I saw a tweet yesterday regarding Len that said one issue is a lot of teams only want to carry two centers on the roster.

If they keep Bender and Chriss, I could see the Suns going that way as well to keep Harrison and Reed...though maybe not given Chandler's age.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for roster cuts to happen. I think the Suns will keep Reed and Harrison. I'm not so sure about Alec Peters.

If the Suns can sign Montrezl Harrell they should do it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jabari Parker to Bulls.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And more.

It's still a good deal for Parker even with a team option.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t understand why the Bucks rescinded his qualifying offer. They could’ve matched this deal because it appears to be a very team friendly contract with protections in place.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t understand why the Bucks rescinded his qualifying offer. They could’ve matched this deal because it appears to be a very team friendly contract with protections in place.
They didn’t have any interest in retaining him so they did the bulls and Parker a favor to allow them to negotiate something that both sides desired. It’s a rare but maybe nice move for bucks to garner goodwill for future moves.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks to me that they were done with him and ready to move on.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't imagine Giannis is happy with Parker leaving.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They didn’t have any interest in retaining him so they did the bulls and Parker a favor to allow them to negotiate something that both sides desired. It’s a rare but maybe nice move for bucks to garner goodwill for future moves.

Looks to me that they were done with him and ready to move on.

I like Ouchie's version best. :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Parker and Wiggins, both viewed as can't miss mega stars coming out of the draft and both are no where near that level.

Parker, his knees are trash... not his fault.

But Wiggins... he scores via a ton of shots, he doesn't pass, he doesn't rebound and he rates as one of the worst defenders in the league. He isn't just not a star, the dude was actually flat out trash last season. At the rate he's going in a few years he will no longer be "Wiggins" in basketball-speak but "Wiggins' Contract".

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Good for Channing. The guy has stuck around to put together a really nice career, as good a career as a non HOFer can have, IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05