Free agency thread 2022

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucs just signed Russell Gage for 3yrs 30 mil and he had 70 less yards receiving last year.
The WR market is definitely inflated and Green will likely get equal or more than the 8M he got last year. I just wouldn't sign him again for the 2 year deal he likely gets.

Reactions: PJ1

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bucs just signed Russell Gage for 3yrs 30 mil and he had 70 less yards receiving last year.
Gage is also 26.

Green averaged 32 yards over the last 4 games, and caught 25 passes and 0 TD in 9 games without D-Hop. Zero catches in the playoff game.

Green was the epitome of the Cards season. Surprise everyone with a hot start, then fall apart, culminating with the disastrous playoff performance.

Maybe two years with Kyler will get them on the same page?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Except it's not a 10-12 game season. Like someone else today said, all the "but through the first 10 games" posts are just so much fluff, especially compared with the last 5-7 games. You (not you specifically, @BritCard) can't base anything moving forward on "just" the first part of last season. It doesn't hold water.
but it does show you that something was done right.
examining the collapse can then show what went wrong.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Gage is also 26.

Green averaged 32 yards over the last 4 games, and caught 25 passes and 0 TD in 9 games without D-Hop. Zero catches in the playoff game.

Green was the epitome of the Cards season. Surprise everyone with a hot start, then fall apart, culminating with the disastrous playoff performance.

Negotiations are negotiations. Citing age just means Green would be agreeable to a shorter deal, not less money.

Also, how does the board feel that we still have 2.5 mil for Green from last year on our books this year?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is this Kylers strength? Can someone please explain? He all to often had WRS running wide open down the field only to not even look their way and throw to a guy completely covered. Instead opting for the the much tougher lower % throw. It was literally pointed out all season. By folks on NFL network, posters here breaking down film, in game threads etc…. Often he had guys running free and just never saw them or didn’t care. I’m betting he didn’t see them? So how is this his strength? Short Kyler won’t even see Short Hill running free a majority of the time.

I think some of this thinking goes back to losing DeAndre Hopkins to injury. If we are going to stay with Murray I think he needs another top receiver. It didn't go well without one. However, this could be more of a quarterback or coaching issue.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negotiations are negotiations. Citing age just means Green would be agreeable to a shorter deal, not less money.

Also, how does the board feel that we still have 2.5 mil for Green from last year on our books this year?
More proof of Keim's ineptitude?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Angry. But I was pissed Keim was kicking the can down the road all last year. I still am.

This is a tough spot to be in.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hmm hill gets crazy separation which kyler thrives on.
Hill is basically what Hollywood Brown was in college. He'd do well with Hill.

Here's hoping Rondale takes that next step. Doesnt have to be that good, but has to be able to get downfield.

Crazy thing is I *think* Andy started to show signs of being a legit deep threat in early 2020. Then he stumbled on that deep pass against the Panthers and disappeared since. I think it was the Cowboys game we tried a few deep shots to Andy and just couldn't find the ball so they pulled the plug.

Edit: I forgot we took a deep shot to Andy to tie the game up against Seattle. Kyler underthrew it and Andy didn't fight to get the ball/draw PI.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hill is basically what Hollywood Brown was in college. He'd do well with Hill.

Here's hoping Rondale takes that next step. Doesnt have to be that good, but has to be able to get downfield.

Crazy thing is I *think* Andy started to show signs of being a legit deep threat in early 2020. Then he stumbled on that deep pass against the Panthers and disappeared since. I think it was the Cowboys game we tried a few deep shots to Andy and just couldn't find the ball so they pulled the plug.

It became predictable. If that used Andy like they used Rondale last year, and then send Andy deep a few times a game, it had a much better chance of being effective.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Im telling ya if Lamar/Kyler dont have deals and Tua struggles expect the Dolphins to make a move (unless they trade up for another young QB)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Problem is Keim would be in charge of 3 1st round draft picks...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Gage is also 26.

Green was the epitome of the Cards season. Surprise everyone with a hot start, then fall apart when Hopkins gets injured, culminating with the disastrous playoff performance.

Important addition in bold.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Uh, not great?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05