Free agency thread 2022

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Elijah Moore and Jaylen Waddle on the Jets and Dolphins. No coincidence there.
If the Cheifs get either one of those guys plus picks for Hill...they have made a masterful trade. Hill is going to command HUGE money, and I think Waddle could be the exact same guy in the Cheifs offense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If the Cheifs get either one of those guys plus picks for Hill...they have made a masterful trade. Hill is going to command HUGE money, and I think Waddle could be the exact same guy in the Cheifs offense.
Agreed on both players. The ywo't be Tyreek Hill, but they can easily 80%

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what Stout? I would be happy if we just stacked the offense. I have my doubts this will have.
Keim is going to try and spread the limited talent “ butter” wit a very thin layer over the entire roster.
I'd be happy if we got Jordan Davis, and then stacked the offense.

We will probably need to score 30PPG more often than not to win games though, as the defense is currently built...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd be happy if we got Jordan Davis, and then stacked the offense.

We will probably need to score 30PPG more often than not to win games though, as the defense is currently built...
Except, if we get Jordan Davis, how are we going to stack the offense? We're already in trouble on that front as it is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he’ll be gone by then.
I think most here do. I think it will be a 50/50 shot.

The way most drafts go for me in R1... covet a player, watch the player still be available when we pick, watch Keim not pick player anyway.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A thought occurred to me.

I keep seeing "We can't rely on draft picks. Keim sucks in the draft. We need to sign some good FA's". But tell me this.

How many of Keim's big ticket FA's have paid off?

Hicks was bad for a year, ok for a year then reasonable for a year. Pugh has been above average and consistent. Veldheer was decent.

Jordan Philips sucked. Kennard has sucked. Campbell was average. Swearinger sucked. Alford sucked on his original deal. Sam Bradford really sucked. Jermaine Gresham sucked. Iupati was ok when healthy but was injured a lot. Phil Dawson sucked. Suggs sucked.

His expensive signings have more often than not unperformed their deals. If anything he has a worse record in this area than the draft and it costs us a lot more money.

Where he has excelled in FA is finding good value in the cheaper guys. The famous "Keim time" FA's but also guys like Corey Peters, Frostee Rucker, Antoine Bethea, James Conner etc

Maybe he's finally learned his lesson.

His strengths are trades and finding value in FA. Not signing FA's from the top of the list.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think most here do. I think it will be a 50/50 shot.

The way most drafts go for me in R1... covet a player, watch the player still be available when we pick, watch Keim not pick player anyway.
Lol. No kidding. I can’t see how we can’t take a Wr at this point. And we all know how good Keim is evaluating Wr talent.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Gresham was good for a couple one-year deals and then Keim signed him to a long-term deal that was wildly overpriced.

Chopper has said this multiple times, but you want to sign FAs who will outperform their contracts. IMO, despite the strum and drang on here, A.J. Green probably outperformed his deal. J.J. Watt is definitely underperforming the investment we made on him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Gresham was good for a couple one-year deals and then Keim signed him to a long-term deal that was wildly overpriced.

Chopper has said this multiple times, but you want to sign FAs who will outperform their contracts. IMO, despite the strum and drang on here, A.J. Green probably outperformed his deal. J.J. Watt is definitely underperforming the investment we made on him.
and this highlights the issue with having Keim as your GM. He struggles to spend money in FA well, struggles to draft players who can contribute, and then struggles to retain the ones that do.

Not signing a ton of guys in the first week of FA is ok, if you can draft and develop players. The problem is that we struggle to do so.

Think of it this way. If Keim extends Kirk and Reddick before last season, our outlook moving forward is very different. Kirk is now a young player coming off a career year after being rewarded with an extension. Reddick is now our primary pass rusher and we still have depth with Kennard and Golden. We would have probably used our 2nd round pick on a different position which potentially would have improved our depth.

Even now, we have three of the few successful Keim picks in Jalen Thompson, Zach Allen, and Byron Murphy getting ready to play the last year of their contract when they all deserve to be extended.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Keim even gets too much credit for his trades. He's made a few good ones over the last 6 years that basically just fell into his lap. This isn't a yearly thing he's doing.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, if Tua struggles the Dolphins might give up the rest of the 2023 draft and maybe more picks in 2024 for Kyler or Lamar if their contracts arent settled.

Could get a real nice haul if we are rebuilding in 2023.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
and this highlights the issue with having Keim as your GM. He struggles to spend money in FA well, struggles to draft players who can contribute, and then struggles to retain the ones that do.

Not signing a ton of guys in the first week of FA is ok, if you can draft and develop players. The problem is that we struggle to do so.

Think of it this way. If Keim extends Kirk and Reddick before last season, our outlook moving forward is very different. Kirk is now a young player coming off a career year after being rewarded with an extension. Reddick is now our primary pass rusher and we still have depth with Kennard and Golden. We would have probably used our 2nd round pick on a different position which potentially would have improved our depth.

Even now, we have three of the few successful Keim picks in Jalen Thompson, Zach Allen, and Byron Murphy getting ready to play the last year of their contract when they all deserve to be extended.
Thanks for making it all worse

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really need Steve to get this draft right.

Last year was an improvement and even that draft had our 1st round pick not playing much.

Hopefully this will be a step up. Need 3 impact players.
I see no improvement last season.

Collins was a bust as a rookie.

Moore was a gadget play guy.

Wilson played but wasn’t anything other than average at best.

No one else contributed.

Do the first three guys have a chance to be players? Of course. Have they shown enough to say last years draft didn’t suck? Nope. It made minimal impact thus far.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow. I would take hill over hop. But even if hop is better it’s by a single “>” certainly not 3.
Taking their salary into consideration, I will definitely take Hill over Hop. But I do believe Hop fits better for Kyler with his 50--50 ball ability. Kyler doesn't yet have the vision and lead-the-receivers-with-the-pass skill to fully utilize Hill.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05