Gambo says Emmitt not happy here in Arizona

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo on the Arizona Sports Report says Emmitt wishes he went to Tampa Bay instead of the Cardinals. He says Emmitt is not happy here and he will not be back next year.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
If that's the case then I dont' want him here. Him and the team should come to an agreement, and let him leave. Shipp needs carries, and if Emmitt doesn't like it here then I don't want him. Then again, this is all speculation.

adam

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Gambo on the Arizona Sports Report says Emmitt wishes he went to Tampa Bay instead of the Cardinals. He says Emmitt is not happy here and he will not be back next year.

Many of us wish he would have gone to Tampa Bay as well.

Joe Mama

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
With all due respect Emmitt....

I also have waffled on this from good to bad to good to bad again but in the end this was a match made in hades.

This is a giant DUH......

Drats I have more than enough money what was I thinking eeeerrr Super Bowl champions or the Cardinals.

Emmitt retire and put the star back on your head so we can go back to hating you proper. Sounds like Mr. Diamond is a wee bit off put buy his failiure to sell tickets here and his recent arse pounding by a heap of trash.

There are those who said this would turn out just like this and they have been proved very right I only wish I was one of the smart ones.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Guys, we know Gambo likes to shoot his mouth off. I want to see the report first before I make my final judgement.

adam

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I dont blame Emmitt for not wanting to be here. I mean were the AZ Cardinals! Bidwill IS OUR OWNER!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phill11
I dont blame Emmitt for not wanting to be here. I mean were the AZ Cardinals! Bidwill IS OUR OWNER!

It was his decision to come here....

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Yeah well true. But he thought AZ was trying to go somewhere. The only place I see us going is down the drain!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes anybody believe that Gambo has a private line to Emmit and can get information that others can't ?

I would be stunned to think that he has any more access to Emmit than we do. I would suspect that we have spoken to Emmit more this week than Gambo.

He is almost crtainly putting his interpretation on the images he has seen and has no real info on which to base it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nidan

I would be stunned to think that he has any more access to Emmit than we do.

OMG. You have to be kidding me - Nidan you take yourself way too seriously.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Emmit knew what he was getting into.He thought it was a no-lose sitaution.If the Cards and him do well then he's the savior and the greatest RB ever.If the team sucks,well,it's the Cardinals. The thing he didn't take into effect is the fact that he sucks so bad and it's being multiplied by the Cards ineptness. So much for that "winning attitude" he was supposedly going to spread throughout the Cards locker room.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Will his pride allow him to gracefully step aside for Shipp?Shipp should be playing and getting most of the carries.

Cardiologist

Veteran
Reaction score
1. Do you honestly believe anything Gambo ever says?

2. Do you blame Emmitt if it is true?

Obviously Emmitt signed here instead of Tampa Bay because the Cards offered way more money and Emmitt thought that the team would at least be competitive and when the Cards visitied Dallas he would help his new team win. This Cards team stinks. The offensive line is a complete joke and it is to blame not Emmitt. Now, Emmitt wishes he never thought about coming to play for Bidwill and the NFL's armpit. Can't says I blame him.

pinnacle

Reaction score
remember that emmitt plays golf on a regular basis with the following *********: barkley, roy green, vince coleman.. I read this in a newspaper - and I have a friend who has seen them together at a course here - so I assume it is true. Jamir Miller is another guy who joins the group from time to time.. If gambo did hear anything - I would speculate he heard it from one of the other guys - I doubt gambo speaks directly with emmitt -and I doubt this would have come out already from the other players on the team... Coleman is kind of quite - but we all know the other guys mentioned above love to talk... Roy green is a great guy - I played basketball against him in a league for a couple of years - but he is no fan of the bidwills. Neither is barkley - he used to say on his radio show that he did not like the bidwills or the cardinals because of how bad they treated roy green (I have not idea what he is talking about)...

So..if gambo heard something - it was probably 2nd or 3rd hand..may not have been one of the guys above - but someone like them..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you saw the CBS postgame show Deion said the same thing, had no idea where the emotional comments about his daughter came from, said it sounded like a guy who realized he should have retired and is now unhappy with where he is. I wondered myself I half expected them to say he was retiring. Tough to watch.

pinnacle

Reaction score
the azrepublic quotes emmitt as saying something to the effect of: does this make me want to quit? No - It makes me more determined..

FYI..

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Gambo habitually confuses "wish" with "fact."

2. We've got bigger problems on this team to worry about than Emmitt's state of mind.

ChiCard

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90

If it's true tell him to leave now and don't let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I have a solution. Tell the bucs to resign marques walker - then trade them emmitt for walker. :D

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
I saw the same piece with Gambo. He did say Emmitt “has told some close to him” that he regrets coming here. I gather Gambo got it from one of Emmitt’s buddies.

The talk about his daughter was just an analogy he was trying to use – win or lose he now sees the things that are really important to him (i.e. his family). I believe his wife and kids are still in DFW; he probably misses them a whole lot. Kind of interesting Emmitt’s Freudian slip; he said his “teammates here” (in Dallas).

pinnacle

Reaction score
little confusion on emmitt's family..has he been married more than once? I thought a couple of his younger kids were at the country day school in phoenix (they have preschool were you can take kids as young as 3 or 4).. He rents a house in PV - I thought his wife and kids were with him..

Northern Card

All Star
Reaction score
If I remember correctly; Gruden wanted Emmitt in Tampa, but it was vetoed by the GM. So, he may have wanted to be there, however, it was not an available option. At that point, he agreed to come to Arizona.