Gambo's Rant about Noah?

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
He's again stating that the Suns are enamored with Noah and are looking to package their picks up for a chance at him this year.

I just checked out a bunch of Mock Drafts and It doesn't seem reasonable or even a chance that the Suns can package their 2 first rounders this year to move up for Noah. In all honesty, there is only one player I would want the Suns to move up in the draft for and that would be O'Bryant from Bradley or Armsstrong from UConn. I would much rather see the Suns stand pat and draft 2 bigs with their positions as they stand. In most of the mock drafts, when the Suns pick, they could grab Gray from Pitt with their first pick (Lakers) and then they could go after Pittsnogle (W Virginia), Fazekas (Nevada), Boone (OConn), Gray (Oklahoma). They could even stand pat and draft big with their first pick and go small with their second. I don't think this draft is as bad as most people say, especially with what the Suns need to address. True, there isn't any Superstars out there, at least with what poeple see, but for the Suns there are a lot of bigs that will fall to them at both picks, and that are defensive minded as well. I think any of the guys I listed as possibles will be better suited in a Suns uni than Noah. Don't forget, Gambo always throws out b.s. about who the Suns like in every draft, to help throw other teams off on who they really want (latest example, he put it out there that the Suns were looking very hard and were very interested in Tskita and Nene to get them to be picked up early rather than trying to trade up to get who they really wanted in Amare) He does it every year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Don't forget, Gambo always throws out b.s. about who the Suns like in every draft, to help throw other teams off on who they really want (latest example, he put it out there that the Suns were looking very hard and were very interested in Tskita and Nene to get them to be picked up early rather than trying to trade up to get who they really wanted in Amare)

LOL. I love the implication that Gambo has any idea what he's doing. I don't listen to him, but from what I gather reading this board, everything he says falls into one of two categories:

1. Stuff that everyone else has already said a million times.
2. Stuff that he makes up straight out of the air in order to get attention.

If he's creating deception about the Suns' draft preferences, he's doing it unwittingly. Don't forget that all the mock drafts follow one another (more or less), so as soon as someone gets the idea that "The Suns love Tskitishvili," it gets repeated endlessly until it acquires the illusion of truth. The reality is that teams are very tight-lipped about who they have their eyes on.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Suns do covet Noah, but on the other hand, that's a pretty easy theory to come up with, given how obvious the fit is. I agree with you that they have basically no chance of getting him, short of hoping that the #1 pick falls to a team with cap space and would take Marion for it.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I saw Noah play and thought to myself, "Self, that guy would be a good addition to the Suns because he's big, athletic and blocks shots."

Gambo has thoughts like this adds a half a gallon of magic fairy dust and comes up with, "The Suns are trying to package picks........".

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I just took a look at what else the Suns could possibly do with one of our picks.

Here's a couple of possibilities:

#1. Trade the Lakers pick and the TE that we still have to Milwaukee for Gadzuric. Then use our pick to grab another big.

#2. Trade the Lakers pick and the TE to Portland for Przbilla (S&T for $3.5 mil). Then use our pick to grab a big.

Other than those 2 bigs already in the league, there really isn't another big that I would go after, that we can get on the cheap.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The Suns probably could move up pretty high if they put their pick, the Laker pick AND the Atl pick on the table.

I'd do it if I could get the next Amare or Marion. If the Suns target a player that they believee is an All Star type player it would be worth it. They sure don't need Casey Jacobson and Zarko which is the kind of cannon fodder that'll be left when they pick 20 and 25.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
jlove said:
#1. Trade the Lakers pick and the TE that we still have to Milwaukee for Gadzuric. Then use our pick to grab another big.

Not if we have to call him Gad zoo reek.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
It wouldn't surprise me if the Suns do covet Noah, but on the other hand, that's a pretty easy theory to come up with, given how obvious the fit is. I agree with you that they have basically no chance of getting him, short of hoping that the #1 pick falls to a team with cap space and would take Marion for it.

I don't think Orlando would take him. I doubt Toronto would either unless they think Bosh isn't going to sign an extension or. There is also a chance Charlotte would think twice (with Okafor and Brezec) about taking him.

The Suns could offer their two 2006 picks plus the Hawks pick but I don't think anyone would listen. Those kind of teams would want immediate help (i.e. a young player). Diaw is obviously untouchable. Would Barbosa + Hawks pick be enough?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

You can't combine a TE with another player to increase the amount of salary you can take on, and picks have no salary value until they turn into players. This has been discussed approximately 987029387394710513275109816730698157017 times.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i loved noah before the tourney and cringed with every superior effort he had. this kid is just gonna continue to get better and better. he may be thrown around a lot early in his career, but later in his career (give him his third year) he's gonna be a stud. i see a lot of camby in him with greater offensive upside due to his ballhandling ability.

i also like the ideas i saw the other day:

lakers - rondo
suns - big euro

or

lakers - shelden williams
suns - daniel gibson

all players with high potential but some drawbacks. good gambles. i liken them to finley when we picked him back in the day. incredible upside, but no one thought he had a good enough handle or outside shot, thus he dropped. i was ecstatic then and i'd be pretty pumped with rondo or shelden williams.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't think Orlando would take him. I doubt Toronto would either unless they think Bosh isn't going to sign an extension or. There is also a chance Charlotte would think twice (with Okafor and Brezec) about taking him.

I guess by "him" you mean Noah. You could be right, but if that's true, those teams have an easy solution: Drop down a couple of spots and get a blue-chip propsect at another position.

The Suns could offer their two 2006 picks plus the Hawks pick but I don't think anyone would listen.

I agree. There might be a team out there who would rather have the Hawks pick in 2007 than the #1 pick this year, but probably not.

Would Barbosa + Hawks pick be enough?

Hell no. If you were another team, would you give up anything of substantial value for Barbosa? He could fill out the package in a combination deal, but there's no way that trading him is, by itself, going to result in a significant upgrade anywhere on the roster or in the Suns' draft position.

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
elindholm said:

You can't combine a TE with another player to increase the amount of salary you can take on, and picks have no salary value until they turn into players. This has been discussed approximately 987029387394710513275109816730698157017 times.

What are you taliking about? Where in my post did I say trade a player and TE for another player? You would do the trade before the draft not during or after. If you do the trade before the draft, then you wouldn't be trading a player and TE for Gadzuric.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If you do the trade before the draft, then you wouldn't be trading a player and TE for Gadzuric.

Gadzuric's salary doesn't fit within the TE. I thought that was understood.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Gadzuric's salary next year is $4,2 mil and the TE is around $3.2 - $3.6 mil.

fordronken

Reaction score
Wait. Since when would Gadzuric or Pryzbilla get playing time on our team? If they aren't at least "supposed" to have a jump shot, D'Antoni won't want them in the offense.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i loved noah before the tourney and cringed with every superior effort he had. this kid is just gonna continue to get better and better. he may be thrown around a lot early in his career, but later in his career (give him his third year) he's gonna be a stud. i see a lot of camby in him with greater offensive upside due to his ballhandling ability.

i also like the ideas i saw the other day:

lakers - rondo
suns - big euro

or

lakers - shelden williams
suns - daniel gibson

all players with high potential but some drawbacks. good gambles. i liken them to finley when we picked him back in the day. incredible upside, but no one thought he had a good enough handle or outside shot, thus he dropped. i was ecstatic then and i'd be pretty pumped with rondo or shelden williams.

I'd be ecstatic if Shelden Williams were available, but I really doubt it.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
jlove said:
I think any of the guys I listed as possibles will be better suited in a Suns uni than Noah.
I gotta disagree there. Noah would be outstanding on the Suns.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Don't forget, Gambo always throws out b.s. about who the Suns like in every draft, to help throw other teams off on who they really want (latest example, he put it out there that the Suns were looking very hard and were very interested in Tskita and Nene to get them to be picked up early rather than trying to trade up to get who they really wanted in Amare)

LOL. I love the implication that Gambo has any idea what he's doing. I don't listen to him, but from what I gather reading this board, everything he says falls into one of two categories:

1. Stuff that everyone else has already said a million times.
2. Stuff that he makes up straight out of the air in order to get attention.

If he's creating deception about the Suns' draft preferences, he's doing it unwittingly. Don't forget that all the mock drafts follow one another (more or less), so as soon as someone gets the idea that "The Suns love Tskitishvili," it gets repeated endlessly until it acquires the illusion of truth. The reality is that teams are very tight-lipped about who they have their eyes on.

Actually, while I think Gambo is crazy, he does have VERY good connections with the Suns. He's always spot on when discussing any of their moves. He was also spot on most of the signings in the offseason - BEFORE any media outlets reported them, even as rumors. (He reported the James Jones and Raja Bell signings weeks in advance.)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Actually, while I think Gambo is crazy, he does have VERY good connections with the Suns. He's always spot on when discussing any of their moves. He was also spot on most of the signings in the offseason - BEFORE any media outlets reported them, even as rumors. (He reported the James Jones and Raja Bell signings weeks in advance.)

This year, his track record has been EXCELLENT.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Good news for the Suns. They don't have much chance to get him in 2007, but 2006 was impossible.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
keric said:
Well so much for this nonsense.

Noah will return to Florida.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2401235

I think that's the key of the report:

A year ago, North Carolina junior Sean May said he would return upon the championship Tar Heels returning home. But he later declared. So, it's probably good to wait for the 29th once all the emotion from the title is over before locking in the three Gators for next season.

Noah seems to be a top3 pick. I don't really see how he could improve realistically his stock next year. He was the main contributor of the NCAA champion and still has quite big upside. I would be surprised if he wouldn't declare at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Memet Okur would fit well with this team, but not Pryzbilla. I don't know enough about Gadzuric to say yes or no....

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nm132 said:

The Suns could offer their two 2006 picks plus the Hawks pick but I don't think anyone would listen. Those kind of teams would want immediate help (i.e. a young player). Diaw is obviously untouchable. Would Barbosa + Hawks pick be enough?

Let's put it this way. If Barbosa were in this draft, based upon what everyone knows about Barbosa right now--he would be a top 10 pick.

This is not that good of a draft.

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
My picks for not trading up or down are listed below. I still havent found a reason to switch. I do however see some really good talent with a lot of up and down side to them. SUns always seem to do great at picking the upsided ones. Lets hope this works out.
I am not sure however that joakim and horford declaring will allow us to get shelden anymore.....

I may make a more realistic pick... or change but i would love to see S.Williams here, its just way less likely now