Game 5 Lakers at Suns

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Espo said:
Why don't you go change your pants since we all know you probably dropped a load in them during the game and get ready for a fierce game on Thursday.

I'm sorry, I think this is really funny. I feel so juvenile.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Nash: I paraphrase:

Bell shouldnt get suspended, the refs have already screwed us over enough

Kwame knocked over TT and stood over him with his crotch in his face

Its been a physical series with hard shots going both ways

Actually, he knocked over Boris, but that's just semantics.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
There is no way anyone can say what Raja did is worse than Kwame Browns intentional elbow then mocking of Diaw. The L.A. Lakers are garbage

Why would you edit the nickname I used for L.A.???? I didn't refer to them as the lakers. I also didn't curse or cross the line. The nickname I used is a fact and Kwame Brown proved that Sunday am. Give me a break

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Cheese, put away your 'pc'ness".

Bell did what 99% of the players in the NBA would love to do.

Kobe elbowed Bell a bit earlier. Hell ya, it was intentional.

It's about time PHX stood up and started putting butts on the floor.

Let's see if Nash's statement after the game gets through to the front office.

My guess is Bell is gone. Typical crap. Walton clotheslines an in-the-air TT, and gets a tap on the wrist.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Why would you edit the nickname I used for L.A.???? I didn't refer to them as the lakers. I also didn't curse or cross the line. The nickname I used is a fact and Kwame Brown proved that Sunday am. Give me a break

Because it is a trolling comment.

No trolling...no cursing.

Works both ways. Period.

mribnik

Reaction score
boisesuns said:
What did he say?

They ask Nash if Raja should get suspended. Nash responded by saying it would be a double-standard because of all the bad calls against the Suns in the series. He then brought up the play where Kwame elbowed Diaw and stood over him with his crotch in his face.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice job Nash. The Suns need to get in full PR mode immediately to head off the suspension. What about Kobe's elbow to Raja? If our guy is suspended for game 6, so should Kobe.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Because it is a trolling comment.

No trolling...no cursing.

Works both ways. Period.

What a joke, this is an ARIZONA SPORTS FAN BOARD and last I checked I support all the pro teams in town and regularly post on this board. I didn't troll and I def did not curse. Loosen up, it's a rivalry for cripes sake

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Like many of you, I love Bell and the intensity and fire he brings to the team but this was definitely crossing the line. You're up 15ish, the game is under control and you pull a dumb move like that that'll likely keep you out of an elimination game, and gives the lakers some locker room material. I feel like Bill walton here but that is inexcusable.

In my opinion, the reason they'll throw the suspension on him is for the extra push to the ground with his right hand after he had already taken him off his feet.

With regards to the rest of the game, the thing I'm most encouraged about is not the fact that our offense got back on track, nor that Marion is proving he's got a pulse, nor the outstanding aggressiveness and overall play from Diaw. The thing I'm most excited about is the fact that when the going got tough, Kobe resorted to his regular season ways. He started to try and score by himself, launching deep threes and trying to get around double teams (which he did a couple of times), and all in all throwing his teammates off sync a bit. Sure, he had some deep 3's and some incredible moves to get to the rack but we've proven we can beat that strategy so if we can provoke that out of him again in Game 6 I'll feel a little better about our chances.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I think Nash also mentioned the Tim Thomas hard foul.

Raja Bell WILL NOT BE SUSPENDED!!

What a game by Diaw!!!!:thumbup:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
Nice job Nash. The Suns need to get in full PR mode immediately to head off the suspension. What about Kobe's elbow to Raja? If our guy is suspended for game 6, so should Kobe.

I can't think of any instance where a non-called foul play ended up in a suspension, so this is probably wishful thinking. In either case, that elbow looked like it should have been a foul on kobe, but was inadvertent, and therefore not worthy of a suspension. I am frustrated that Bell was so vindicative over that and put the status of the next game in jeopardy.

jibikao

Reaction score
Cool. I didn't watch the game tonight and we won. Man, I must be the bad luck one here.

What did Raja do? I hope it's not too serious. Nobody has been suspended since game 1 so I hope Raja doesn't get one. If that's the case, then Walton should get one more for pulling Tim Thomas down like that.

If Raja does get suspended, let's hope the team can respond. Good win, 2 more to go. I won't watch any games from now on.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns_fan69 said:
I can't think of any instance where a non-called foul play ended up in a suspension, so this is probably wishful thinking. In either case, that elbow looked like it should have been a foul on kobe, but was inadvertent, and therefore not worthy of a suspension. I am frustrated that Bell was so vindicative over that and put the status of the next game in jeopardy.

totally agree - and sly - it's not "pc-ness" - yeah, every player probably WOULD liek to do what Raja did, but the smart ones know they CAN'T. Get your cheap shots in the smart way, take a page out Danny Ainge's book - don't do it right in the middle of open court where it's just so ridiculously blatantly obvious.

jibikao

Reaction score
What did Nash say? He talked about Walton and Brown's fouls? During the game or in the articles?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
totally agree - and sly - it's not "pc-ness" - yeah, every player probably WOULD liek to do what Raja did, but the smart ones know they CAN'T. Get your cheap shots in the smart way, take a page out Danny Ainge's book - don't do it right in the middle of open court where it's just so ridiculously blatantly obvious.

Are you talking about the Raja foul or the Walton one? ;)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Bell shouldn't be suspended. But then it is against Kobe, so you never know...

What did Artest do in the first game to get suspended?

jibikao

Reaction score
az1965 said:
Bell shouldn't be suspended. But then it is against Kobe, so you never know...

What did Artest do in the first game to get suspended?

I saw the replay on that Artest's elbow. It happened when Manu was trying to run past Artest and Artest put both of his hands up (not looking at Manu) and the elbow and Manu's face/neck met. I really don't think it was that intentional. You all know Manu flops all the time. It's hard to tell what's real and what's not. Pop got VERY PISSED and started yelling at Artest. I think that's how Artest got his suspension because Pop was unhappy.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Suns_fan69 said:
With regards to the rest of the game, the thing I'm most encouraged about is not the fact that our offense got back on track, nor that Marion is proving he's got a pulse, nor the outstanding aggressiveness and overall play from Diaw. The thing I'm most excited about is the fact that when the going got tough, Kobe resorted to his regular season ways. He started to try and score by himself, launching deep threes and trying to get around double teams (which he did a couple of times), and all in all throwing his teammates off sync a bit. Sure, he had some deep 3's and some incredible moves to get to the rack but we've proven we can beat that strategy so if we can provoke that out of him again in Game 6 I'll feel a little better about our chances.

I totally concur.

The gravitational force has been nudged off it's axis.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did kobe just challenge raja to a ufc fight? Raja will light him up in a real, non-basketball, fight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05