Game Thread: Lakers @ Suns

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This is pathetic.

The way the refs are blowing the whistle and the fans reactions you would think this game is at Staples.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
This is pathetic.

The way the refs are blowing the whistle and the fans reactions you would think this game is at Staples.

I have a feeling I'll be changing the channel in the second half. This game is absolutely hopeless. The Phoenix Suns are totally outmanned.

Joe

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just going by the online stats thingy but damn, is this Lakers starting five good! :(

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow. I mean these Lakers really do remind me of the '92 and '96 Dream Teams. The way they pass the ball around and get out and run, and seem to get open shots no matter how good the other team's defense was. I may have underestimated them earlier today.

One thing though. Does anybody else here think Frank Johnson's pregame speech was something like, "Guys, we're goin against a Dream Team tonight. Go out there, play hard, but we really don't have a chance. I'm excited though, because I get to watch a really exciting Lakers team!"

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Wow, I really liked that time where the ball had just been passed to Shaq and a foul was called on Voskul as soon as it touched Shaq.:rolleyes:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you what if the Phoenix Suns were shooting their wide-open outside shots as well as the Lakers are his game would be a lot closer. Defensively the Suns don't even look like they're tried very hard. They look lost and lazy.

Shaquille O'Neal against Little Jake is truly sad. It reminds me of whipping my little brother on the neighbor's court before he outgrew me.

Joe Mama

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But don't tell me the Suns don't look better with Penny on the floor than they do with Johnson out there. At least offensively, things just click when Penny's out there.

Penny, Marbury, Marion, and Stoudemire play much better together than that combination with Johnson. No?

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Originally posted by matt_whitlock

Penny, Marbury, Marion, and Stoudemire play much better together than that combination with Johnson. No?

No, Johnson is playing well and Stoudemire hardly even played so far.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Come on! The Suns are a better team with Penny in the game. The offense actually works.

Watch the damn game. Shawn Marion is playing with an amazing amount of energy right now, and he's actually utilizing it. Casey Jacobsen actually got a layup for once because his crazy activity was rewarded when Penny found him down low. Marbury is still picking apart the Laker defense and Penny dunked the ball.

Joe Johnson made a layup. Wow.

Pimpin

Da Infamous One
Reaction score
This team is really fighting hard to keep this close

If we keep running and putting pressure on these guys to run with us,we could see huge dividends in the late parts of the game.

dyle_ph1

Registered
Reaction score
But don't tell me the Suns don't look better with Penny on the floor than they do with Johnson out there. At least offensively, things just click when Penny's out there.

I would just stop forcing the issue if I were you. Why try and convert people when they have their own opinions already? Forcing the issue would just have people turn on you. If the Suns do play well with penny on the floor, everyone would see and acknowledge that as they have last year. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the game. I'm still a big Penny fan and i don't care if other people like him or not. i'm just trying to enjoy watching him while he still can play because I still love his game to this day.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Joe Johnson made a layup. Wow.

Yes, he did something that was important. He attacked the basket.
He also hit a three, he made an assist, got a couple of boards and plays good defense.

Actually , make that 2 threes for JJ.

Pimpin

Da Infamous One
Reaction score
This is totally unfair to JJ making him guard Malone.

Karl has 3-4inches on him and out weighs him by like 25lbs.

Bring Zarko or Googs back in

Its not like we need to save googs from fouling out. :p

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jeez. I mean Joe actually is playing really well too. I don't know. I guess we need him too, but Penny's gotta play more than 19 minutes a game. It's tough, because the Colangelo's have traded away everything we had big for guards, and now we have to play some crappy players down low, and are stuck with the logjam at 2 guard.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize that the Suns are going to get called for a lot of fouls tonight. They are outmanned and undersized. Until this last quarter they also looked slow on defense. That said, why did the referees feel is necessary to help the Lakers by calling ******** fouls like the one just now want Joe Johnson. Essentially Malone had his hand in Johnson's back pushing him over in Johnson got called for the foul.

OK. I'll try not to complain about the referees for a while now.

Joe Mama

Pimpin

Da Infamous One
Reaction score
This is the dumbest lineup ever

FJ is a real *******.

Malone and Shaq on the floor at the same time,and this idiot has 3 guards on the court.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
At least we are trailing 56-45 against the Lakers.

We could be Kings fans and trail 45-56 agains the Nuggets before halftime.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
10 points 3 assists 3 rebounds

I would say that's a pretty good line for Joe Johnson after 2 quarters.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One Johnson I do like is Eddie Johnson. He's been funny tonight. I liked his mini-rant about how "whiny" the Lakers are. That went on for like 30 seconds! :D

Damn, what was FJ doing with JJ guarding Karl Malone? What was JJ supposed to do? I think EJ's assessment about Karl Malone was good. He's like George Foreman, all smiling and happy-go-lucky now.

It kinda makes me sick.