Game Thread: Suns vs. Grizzlies

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by slinslin
What does that prove? I think this actually proves my point not yours.

And what is your point? Jake is more valuable as an energy guy off the bench? That's ridiculous. What makes Jake more valuable off the bench then in the starting lineup?

Look at it this way: We come out lethargic--we get down by 10 points, maybe more. Jake comes in, and his energy helps, but we just can't seem to get within 5 points of the lead. Now, what is more valuable, that energy there, or his play at the beginning of the game to avoid getting into that 10 point hole in the first place.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Not that anyone asked my opinion, but I agree with Chaplin on this one. If energy is valuable off the bench, it's valuable in the starting lineup too.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
Not that anyone asked my opinion, but I agree with Chaplin on this one. If energy is valuable off the bench, it's valuable in the starting lineup too.

You're right. Nobody asked. :)

I think liking room Jake's energy off the bench is a nice way of saying that White is a better starter and better center.

BTW has anyone seen that so far Big Jake has 7 rebounds and 10 points in 14 minutes against Shaquille O'Neal and the Lakers. Shaq has 9 rebounds and 13 points in 28 minutes. Memphis is leading by 15 points in the third quarter.

Joe Mama

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
I guess big jake gets up for shaq. The susn should trade lil jake for chris mihm. Now that guy has talent. sometimes...

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
BTW has anyone seen that so far Big Jake has 7 rebounds and 10 points in 14 minutes against Shaquille O'Neal and the Lakers. Shaq has 9 rebounds and 13 points in 28 minutes. Memphis is leading by 15 points in the third quarter.

Joe Mama

Big Jake actually did pretty good when we palyed Memphis......
6 minuets, 2-2 for 4 pts, & 3 boards........ not bad for 6 minuets - good thing Brown tok him out.:D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
6 minuets, 2-2 for 4 pts, & 3 boards........ not bad for 6 minuets

MINUTES! THE WORD IS SPELLED MINUTES!!!

Sorry.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
6 minuets, 2-2 for 4 pts, & 3 boards........ not bad for 6 minuets

MINUTES! THE WORD IS SPELLED MINUTES!!!

Sorry.

Maybe he was referring to the gracefulness of the plays ala a minuet (minuet: A French dance in triple time, of rustic origins but popular in the courts of 18th-century Europe). :D

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
(minuet: A French dance in triple time, of rustic origins but popular in the courts of 18th-century Europe).

LOL, thanks for the definition.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Maybe he was referring to the gracefulness of the plays ala a minuet (minuet: A French dance in triple time, of rustic origins but popular in the courts of 18th-century Europe). :D

That would be something - Big Jake doing pirouettes.
It's kinda like I alwys uesed to say ..... yesterdau Icouldnt spel engineir and now I are one.:D

Errntknght

Reaction score
Oddly enough when we got Big Jake I thought it would be a great idea for him to take up dancing - as a way of learning body control while moving. Hey, it's a lot more fun than going through drills.

Speaking of the minuet, does anyone know of a movie or tape which features that particular dance. You may find this hard to believe, but I'd like to learn to dance it - three years ago, at the ripe old age of 62, I took up dancing as an enjoyable way to get lots of exercise. I think it would be cool to know the minuet.

Incidentally, Big Jake 'danced' pretty well with Shaq this evening in Memphis' win over the Lakers. I didn't see the game but his stats were good - 9 rebounds in 24 minuets if I recall correctly. Again, crafty old Phil played his subs a lot in the game... I think he's trying to teach his bench players that they are not there just to ride to the championship on the coattails of the four stars.