Game Thread: Suns vs. Warriors

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The Suns need to tighten up the defense a little in the second half. Warriors are passing very well.

They def need to get Amare more involved in the offense.

Leander doesn't bug me to much. I do like EJ and they seem to have a pretty good rapport.

Last edited:

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Joe. The Suns guards seem to have zero interest in feeding the post, much less dishing off to Amare after a pick/screen and roll. Oddly, they've managed to do it with both White and Voskuhl, but never Amare. Maddening.

BTW, what is wrong with Jake's hair? It's like a modified Flock of Seagulls.....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sly fly
It's truly sad to see the demise of Tom Gugliotta. I'm not sure he has NBA quality talent anymore.

Did you mean WNBA?

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
The Suns got an 8 pt lead by going full speed & FJ tells them to slow it down....... I'll bet you can guess the result of the change.:stupid:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see Amare boarding like a maniac tonight.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the hell is Casey Jacobsen coming in for AMARE? I was willing to give Frank the benefit of the doubt and even a little leeway after having last year's team play above expectations - but I am slowly beginning to hate him - with a passion isn't far away!

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Yep. it's the small ball. Casey, JJ, Penny, Steph and Jake.
I too thought Casey coming in was strange. Amare has no fouls and is gobbling up the rebounds.

Well...

The change got us going.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like small ball is working for now....... but, like I always say....
:D

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I was getting ready to criticize Frank Johnson for this latest lineup, but it has produced some quick points. Hopefully he doesn't stick with this too long.

I'm still not a Casey Jacobsen fan, but I do have to admit that he slowly looking a little bit better.

Joe Mama

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Frank has a bet with himself...He wants to see the smallest lineup he can put on the court and still win

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Well, I was getting ready to criticize Frank Johnson for this latest lineup, but it has produced some quick points. Hopefully he doesn't stick with this too long.

Well, we're starting to loose the rebounds again and you know what I say about that.

haverford

Registered
Reaction score
Amare clearly needed a breather, but why not bring in Zarko, who is a pretty good rebounder and long body?

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion-4 fous
Voskuhl-3 fouls
White- 4 fouls + tech

Just hope Amare has enough stamina to last the remainder of the game or else we'll be treated to the Googs and Zarko hour....

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wally
Well, we're starting to loose the rebounds again and you know what I say about that.

Dunleavy rebounds over Amare!?!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The referee helped Marbury out there. It should have been a turnover, but instead they called a weak foul on Mike Dunleavy Jr. The Suns need to keep going strong to the basket. It's time to get Shawn Marion back in the game also.

Joe Mama

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Dunleavy is a big guy, only half an inch shorter than Amare.

He is a pretty good rebounder to, hasn't he put up a couple double figure rebound games for you Joe?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is Zarko? It seemed like he was getting minutes the first week - what happened?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and as the game gets tighter, so does the noose around JJs neck. Come on man - step up!