Game Thread: Suns vs. Warriors

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thegrahamcrackr
Is Shawn sick or something? Or he just decide to take a backseat to JJ??

He's probably become more tentative since he has 4 fouls... Wants to avoid any charging calls that might be costly in such a tight game......

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dunleavy is a big guy, only half an inch shorter than Amare.

He is a pretty good rebounder to, hasn't he put up a couple double figure rebound games for you Joe?

Yeah, 7.4 Reb/Gm is good, but it was an offensive board + put-back when it looked like (to me) Amare had position.

This is an entertaining game, but I hate how the Warriors are moving the ball much better than the Suns. The Suns have to work to hard to get shots since they don't seem to move and pass.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
This game just reaffirms for me how just tough PHX is going to be once they get it into top gear.

GS has been tough at home.

Memphis was no gimme (ask LA).

Utah was an aberration.

Tough matchup for anybody.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Amare, Jake, White, Marion & Marbury...... That would be fun to watch for a few minuets....... probably would need a bigger coach to call that one in:D

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by sly fly
This game just reaffirms for me how just tough PHX is going to be once they get it into top gear.

GS has been tough at home.

Memphis was no gimme (ask LA).

Utah was an aberration.

Tough matchup for anybody.

yeah, but our "good" losses to LA and SA don't look so good now that they haven't done too well. We need to woop avg teams like GS, too.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seems like Brian Cardinal "Abdul Rauf" hits a FT every time I look at the TV.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Originally posted by tobiazz
yeah, but our "good" losses to LA and SA don't look so good now that they haven't done too well. We need to woop avg teams like GS, too.

Tough to "whoop" anybody on the road, anymore.

A win is a win.

Do the whoopin' at home.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marbury is trying to do too much again. I swear Amare Stoudemire is going to strangle one of these guys (particularly Marbury) if they don't start finding him when he's wide open waving his hands around under the basket. I really don't think Marbury understands the concept of passing the ball on a pick and roll. He's had a big night scoring, but I would still like him to move the ball around better.

How about Casey Jacobsen. Some more nights like this, and I might actually shut up about Carlos Boozer.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see Steph stand up for Amare.

Also VERY nice to see Cardinal laugh it off and walk away. I am getting to like that guy

I actually don't think Stephon Marbury was sticking up for Amare Stoudemire there. Cardinal won to give somebody else say hi five just as Margaret was walking by. Marbury caught Cardinal's elbow upside the head. That's what Marbury got upset about.

Joe Mama

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingLouieLouie
He's probably become more tentative since he has 4 fouls... Wants to avoid any charging calls that might be costly in such a tight game......

Damn...did I jinx him? Whoops!

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
I actually don't think Stephon Marbury was sticking up for Amare Stoudemire there. Cardinal won to give somebody else say hi five just as Margaret was walking by. Marbury caught Cardinal's elbow upside the head. That's what Marbury got upset about.

Joe Mama

I like my explanation better, even though your is more accurate :D

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Can small ball hang on for the win???????? Man would I like to see White in the game at the end

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
big shots by Casey and JJ - I keep forgetting how young this team is. Nice win - now build on .500 and never look back.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was it just me or did GS seem to have a very similar offense to us? It seemed like they ran the same half-court offense with a few more weak side cuts to the basket.

About Brian Cardinal, I don't like him, but it's just because he was playing well against us. He took some hard fouls in the game and then gave one back to Amare, then jogged down the court and went to hi-five a teammate right in Marbury's face. If I'm Marbury, I have some words with him too. On top of it, he had 5 fouls so the refs gave the hard foul on Amare to someone else so they didn't foul Cardinal out of the game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Musselman's not too bright. GS played little zone to speak of. You aren't going to beat the Suns very often playing man to man.

The WC is going to be tough this year.