Game Thread: Suns vs. Warriors

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Hope I can get home from the gym in time to see the hole game. This should be a good one.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I think it will be a sloppy game, but I am looking forward to it.

1) I want to see how Nick plays. His 3rd game back from injury, and I contemplating moving him from my fantasy team :)

2) Check out Dunleavy.

3) Actually get to watch Jahadi since I had to work last game (First missed radio or tv broadcast in over 2 seasons....)

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Let me eat my words. Jahadi White looks good.

I like how the suns fed him early so he could push around some people. He was able to catch it just fine, put a body on the defender till he got close, and makes a good little shot.

To bad he already has 2 fouls, but it was nice to see a sun throw down a brute like Dampier.

How about JJ, awesome start. And Amare already has 5 boards in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its early, but Joe Johnson is looking very good so far. Amare Stoudemire has been strong on the boards. When one complaint, and I haven't liked this for a long time, is that the Suns perimeter players do a poor job of getting the ball to Amare. He never gets the ball back on a pick and roll.

Joe Mama

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I was thinking that to Joe. They were going out of their way to set up White, which I have no arguement with, but why not continue with Amare? I mean no offense to Jahadi, but he doesn't have nearly the same amount of an offensive game as Amare.......

BTW, Tom Leander is driving me crazy

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Why give people a break with under 2 minutes left? I mean they were on fire, playing very well. They had a timeout to catch their breath. Let them finish out the quarter with a lead and maybe start out the 2nd with the new unit.

Instead we loose our lead and go into the 2nd tied.

I love FJ

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Johnson is truly a moron. Joe Johnson is on fire, so what does the coach do? He pulls him out of the game along with Amare Stoudemire and inserts Penny Hardaway and Tom Gugliotta.

Memo to Frank Johnson: Tom Gugliotta should only be used in trash time and when the other big men are in serious foul trouble.

I think Stephon Marbury is playing selfish basketball tonight. He's looking to much for his own shot.

Joe Mama

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Frank Johnson is truly a moron. Joe Johnson is on fire, so what does the coach do? He pulls him out of the game along with Amare Stoudemire and inserts Penny Hardaway and Tom Gugliotta.

Memo to Frank Johnson: Tom Gugliotta should only be used in trash time and when the other big men are in serious foul trouble.

I think Stephon Marbury is playing selfish basketball tonight. He's looking to much for his own shot.

Joe Mama

I agree with everything you said.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
For as bad as Leander is, I love EJ.

"What is he disgruntled about, that the police didn't come in and put handcuffs on him??"

So funny when used in reference to Cliff

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
The only reason JJ should be pulled is if he has to take a leak.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must be missing something. Tom Leander isn't bothering me at all. In fact that kind of enjoy him.

Joe Mama

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
It's truly sad to see the demise of Tom Gugliotta. I'm not sure he has NBA quality talent anymore.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
It might just be withdrawl from Al.

I just get annoyed with all the adjectives he uses. It is like he is trying so hard to get his own catch phrases.

I am still bothered with his "And Amare terminates whoever" from a couple games ago.

Hearing Leander refer to a Marbury drive as Toxic just doesnt seem right either.......

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Another close game with a basketball TITAN.....Why is this not a surprise?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by creed
Another close game with a basketball TITAN.....Why is this not a surprise?

The Golden State Warriors are a good team. Really the Clippers are the only team in the Western Conference that look weak so far.

Amare Stoudemire needs to stop going to the basket like a guard. It's as if he is trying to avoid the contact. He could be going to the line almost every time with his mix of agility and power.

Joe Mama

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
At least JJ finsihed it strong...Lets just leave him in the game Frank...shall we?

creed

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
The Golden State Warriors are a good team. Really the Clippers are the only team in the Western Conference that look weak so far.

Joe Mama

I dont know...Maybe I'm not so familar with the new look Warriors...didnt realize they're a power.

Anyone know the line on the Warriors? They favored by a bucket or something?