Gannon roasted for pep talk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't really care to put in the effort. I looked at the list and there are plenty of guys available via trade every year that you could trade picks to get.

You don't agree, that's fine, I'm not going to spend time doing research for you and posting the lists.
I get it. I usually don’t want to do the research either.

That’s said you’ve offered essentially zero support for your narrative. Usually even a tiny bit of support turns up a morsel.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are other teams are going to trade good young talent under team control to us for late round picks?

Why do they need to be young?

Recent trades for 4th or lower picks. All in the last 2 years and their age when they were traded.

Probably everyone on this list would start for this team right now except Shenault.

Shaq Mason (29)
Amari Cooper (28)
CGJ (24)
Laviska Shenault (23)
Johnathan Hankins (30)
Deion Jones (27)
Zach Ertz (30)
CJ Henderson (23)
Ahkello Witherspoon (26)
Shaq Lawson (27)
Gabe Jackson (30)
Trent Brown (28)
Malcom Brown (27)

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't think of any off the top of my head, do you have examples?

Specifically of good young talent under team control traded for late round picks.

Again, what has young got to do with it?

Would you rather have 3 years of 30 year old JJ Watt or 3 years of 27 year old Zach Allen for the same money?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Again, what has young got to do with it?

Would you rather have 3 years of 30 year old JJ Watt or 3 years of 27 year old Zach Allen for the same money?
We know the answer to this one.

They want em young no matter what!

You know I was Murphys biggest advocate on this board, but my take was always that he was a better than average cornerback, but the the numbers show that he was only slightly better than average. Probably 8-10 free agents could have played as well or better and a number of them were actually cheaper.

If I'm spending FA dollars I'm either going bargain or big money, not spending sort of big money on averagish players. Ahkello Witherspoon or Rock Ya-Sin could give you similar production for a fraction of the cost. Why did Murphy go for more, there is perceived untapped potential, but I'd argue he played long enough that he's probably not getting that much better.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We know the answer to this one.

They want em young no matter what!

You know I was Murphys biggest advocate on this board, but my take was always that he was a better than average cornerback, but the the numbers show that he was only slightly better than average. Probably 8-10 free agents could have played as well or better and a number of them were actually cheaper.

If I'm spending FA dollars I'm either going bargain or big money, not spending sort of big money on averagish players. Ahkello Witherspoon or Rock Ya-Sin could give you similar production for a fraction of the cost. Why did Murphy go for more, there is perceived untapped potential, but I'd argue he played long enough that he's probably not getting that much better.
Then why didn't we sign any of them?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well I’m ok with Gannon and cards WTF FACTOR
I think cards will compete , if they have a fire in their GUT!
I mean I’ve been whining that we don’t get the most out of players for years , because cards have been 1 dimensional, only other dimensions was squarely on KMs shoulders, all of it! Rpo, play action, resting a defenses, field position for the special teams.
thats BS and remains BS.
run the rock like a professional football team, creating more effective pass game, no more of those less then 1 minute 4 down drives!
To me an incompletion is almost as bad as a qb sack, tfl, fumble or interception. When a team passes as much as cards, and a defense know it, the risks skyrocket and there is where cards have been since hiring whisenhunt, even though him and BA won super bowls as Steelers OC , running the damned ball!
at least KK was honest About it.

so let’s see what our guys do with a fundamentally sound training camp and a fundamentally sound game plan, with a fundamentally sound GM and coaching staff.
so they are a little whacked, embrace it, fan their flames.
like to see Michael Bidwill get a little nuttler, you know tie big red on a bungy behind his jet or something, maybe let him captain.

i won’t concede until cards play.
hope Tune starts , just cause he said he was the best qb in this draft, may just be? Hell we don’t know yet.
pump your brakes, slow your toll, check yourself
we don’t know what we don’t know.
but the pundits are usually wrong, especially ex players. Show me one batting 50%?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Contrary to Monti's approach to FA, you can actually sign players to more than 1-year contracts. This actually helps a rebuild in that you're actually building rather than merely tearing down and playing the draft.
Like who?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Contrary to Monti's approach to FA, you can actually sign players to more than 1-year contracts. This actually helps a rebuild in that you're actually building rather than merely tearing down and playing the draft.
No kidding!

And he did.

Will Hernandez, Kazir White, Matt Prater, Kelvin Beachum, Zach Pascal, Hjalte Froholdt

Stout

Reaction score
Like who?
Whoa, circular argument much. The players you yourself talked about. The "8-10 free agents could have played as well or better and a number of them were actually cheaper." I know you're trying to draw it out and misdirect, but fail. Massive fail.

You said there were a bunch of these players available.
You said we didn't get them because "tank."
I mentioned you could sign players for longer than 1 year.
You asked "like who?"

Um, like the players you claim are available? You made the assertion, not me.

lol It's getting nutty on the board now. We need real games to talk about.

Stout

Reaction score
No kidding!

And he did.

Will Hernandez, Kazir White, Matt Prater, Kelvin Beachum, Zach Pascal, Hjalte Froholdt
Four guys not part of the long-term rebuild, one slag heap addition we hope will develop, and yes, a decent journeyman who can help (you need those guys).

How much long-term build did those actually give us? Little to noneski. We're talking about valuable FA signings.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Four guys not part of the long-term rebuild, one slag heap addition we hope will develop, and yes, a decent journeyman who can help (you need those guys).

How much long-term build did those actually give us? Little to noneski. We're talking about valuable FA signings.
One year. Once we decide what we are doing at QB, then, AND only then, should we start that. You don't bring people in, in their prime, only to waste those prime years.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

And I was responding to your - Contrary to Monti's approach to FA, you can actually sign players to more than 1-year contracts.

P.S. I'll wait on Monti to find out who is or is not part of the future, short, medium, long.

Stout

Reaction score
And I was responding to your - Contrary to Monti's approach to FA, you can actually sign players to more than 1-year contracts.

P.S. I'll wait on Monti to find out who is or is not part of the future, short, medium, long.
Great, he can do that with the assistance of the new scouting department he--nope, we still have the same scouting department. Which was the excuse some made for Monti for not doing more this offseason. Yet why hasn't he begun working on that future you mentioned, and with the college season now under way?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not knowing who your QB will be is absolutely not an excuse to not add talent to the roster.
In a year where the top end talent in this upcoming draft is in the top 3 picks, the Cards NEED to have one of those picks.

Gaining the type of talent that you want us to grab, GREATLY jeopardizes that.

But grabbing one, or even two of these top 3 picks, can really speed up the rebuild.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cardinals are not tanking. They have reset their roster and salary cap in Monti's first year. The players and coaches will be actively trying their best to win with what they have.
Players and coaches will always try to win.

Tanking comes from the front office and typically is associated with 'resetting the roster and salary cap'.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22