Gannon roasted for pep talk

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoa, circular argument much. The players you yourself talked about. The "8-10 free agents could have played as well or better and a number of them were actually cheaper." I know you're trying to draw it out and misdirect, but fail. Massive fail.

You said there were a bunch of these players available.
You said we didn't get them because "tank."
I mentioned you could sign players for longer than 1 year.
You asked "like who?"

Um, like the players you claim are available? You made the assertion, not me.

lol It's getting nutty on the board now. We need real games to talk about.

Nope.

I said there are a dozen Murphy's and Allen's available every year. What I meant by that was talent level.

You are asserting there are "good, young, cheap" players we should have signed to multi year deals. So who?

Here's everyone signed this year. Who do you mean? Which of the multi year deals signed do you consider cheap and that we should have done considering our rebuild?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope.

I said there are a dozen Murphy's and Allen's available every year. What I meant by that was talent level.

You are asserting there are "good, young, cheap" players we should have signed to multi year deals. So who?

Here's everyone signed this year. Who do you mean? Which of the multi year deals signed do you consider cheap and that we should have done considering our rebuild?

He probably won't answer.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Nope.

There are always dozens of decent players available every year. This is a maddening exercise. The money not spent this year can be spent next year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
In a year where the top end talent in this upcoming draft is in the top 3 picks, the Cards NEED to have one of those picks.

Gaining the type of talent that you want us to grab, GREATLY jeopardizes that.

But grabbing one, or even two of these top 3 picks, can really speed up the rebuild.
Except you're then slowing the rebuild because you're not adequately building from the get-go. Never fail to add talent in a given year just because you want to lose more games. I get the fan mentality to want that, but Monti damn well better not be thinking it.

Stout

Reaction score
Sign any of who?

I'm still waiting for some names on who these "good, young, cheap" players are we should have signed to multi year deals.
Ask Krang. He's the one who made that assertion here, not I. He's just trying to use short, circular posts in an effort to delay answering until people forget who even brought it up--like you :D That's not shade at you; it just shows his stall tactics are working.

Stout

Reaction score
Nope.

I didn't quote you; I quoted Krang. Sheesh, read the thread.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except you're then slowing the rebuild because you're not adequately building from the get-go. Never fail to add talent in a given year just because you want to lose more games. I get the fan mentality to want that, but Monti damn well better not be thinking it.
What you are advocating, is what the Cards did for a majority of their existence. Be just bad enough to not get a franchise altering talent, because they won meaningless games at throughout the year. The Nate Poole TD is a classic example.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, after what will be back to back abominations of seasons, and being ranked as one of the worst franchises in all of sports, you think this team is actually going to be able to go on a big spending spree in FA? Because good players are going to be clamoring to join this catastrophe? Or are you advocating for a big spending spree where we wildly overpay players to come here, because that is the ONLY way anyone of worth shows up to play for this team, no?

Stout

Reaction score
You have made the assertion many times, that there were good young players that we should have signed, without naming a single one outside of Allen/Murphy.
In the past, sure. Just a blanket statement in response to the head-scratching idea that there were literally none available. And yes, the argument was literally none.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so, after what will be back to back abominations of seasons, and being ranked as one of the worst franchises in all of sports, you think this team is actually going to be able to go on a big spending spree in FA? Because good players are going to be clamoring to join this catastrophe? Or are you advocating for a big spending spree where we wildly overpay players to come here, because that is the ONLY way anyone of worth shows up to play for this team, no?
Do I think we will spend all of our cap next year? Probably not. (unless we decide to cut Kyler for some strange reason and eat the cap space that way) I'd completely advocate for it though, since that was the question.

Teams must spend at least 89% of the cap over a four-year period, while the NFL as a whole must spend at least 95% of the cap. While I haven't done the numbers, you would think that they will need to spend enough to get one or two good free agents next year.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
Ask Krang. He's the one who made that assertion here, not I. He's just trying to use short, circular posts in an effort to delay answering until people forget who even brought it up--like you :D That's not shade at you; it just shows his stall tactics are working.
Pull up a free agency tracker. There are tons of players. This isn't hard @Stout .

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Conner
Reaction score
I think that this team can sign some players if they show they have some fight in them and fix some of the organizational issues.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In the past, sure. Just a blanket statement in response to the head-scratching idea that there were literally none available. And yes, the argument was literally none.
But it really was none.
Lazard was the only guy I wanted but he beeline for the Jets in the Rodgers deal...wanted a center in the draft...
Unless you wanted to pay 25mil to a 40 y/o donkey Kong there just wasn't anybody worth more than a placeholder deal.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Great, he can do that with the assistance of the new scouting department he--nope, we still have the same scouting department. Which was the excuse some made for Monti for not doing more this offseason. Yet why hasn't he begun working on that future you mentioned, and with the college season now under way?
Whose to say they feel as though they need to revamp the scouting department? It seems to me the problem was SK thought he was smarter than everyone else. So maybe he didn't listen to them or was able to properly assess the information being given to him. It seemed to me he went rouge and didn't listen to the scouts anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22