Ginobili is brilliant

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Review the post above. It shows the play in slow mo. It clearly shows his last dribble, 1st step and then a hop.
ok I'll take your word for it. I guess it just looked bad.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Thanks for the honesty. I have no problem saying that Steve Nash is my favorite point guard.

And in return, I'll say that Parker is the one player on the Spurs I really like. If somehow it works out for him to replace Nash in the future, I'd be more than fine with that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can't answer in one word. My answer is, "I don't know." I wasn't happy with Bell's famed take-down of Bryant. I don't like the way Nash and Stoudemire complain when they aren't getting the calls they want. I never liked O'Neal's attitude, even when he was on the Suns.

I find Ginobili so distasteful that I don't think I'd ever want him on the Suns, even if it led to a title. When push came to shove, I might change my mind, but I'm certain that I would never like him as a player. The farthest I could go would be a grudging acceptance of what he brings.

Spurs fans who embrace Ginobili's antics turn my stomach.

how did everyone feel about danny ainge when he came to play for us? i hated him before he donned a suns uni, and then i loved him. and i still love him.

(noted - devilalum)

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks for the honesty. I have no problem saying that Steve Nash is my favorite point guard. And when it comes to antics, no one has it more locked down than Chris Paul of The New Orleans Hornets.

that's your spurs love blinding you. paul may have antics, but no one, i repeat NO ONE, has it more locked down than manu. and that's by a country mile.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
how did everyone feel about danny ainge when he came to play for us?

I didn't like him before he came to the Suns, and I didn't like him on the Suns, although I grew to tolerate him. He's the only sports figure whose autograph I have, and that's because my brother, knowing how I felt about him, got me one specifically as a joke.

I do, however, think he was an above-average coach, even though I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like him before he came to the Suns, and I didn't like him on the Suns, although I grew to tolerate him. He's the only sports figure whose autograph I have, and that's because my brother, knowing how I felt about him, got me one specifically as a joke.

I do, however, think he was an above-average coach, even though I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

I was pretty much the same way minus the autograph. And I think he would have become an excellent coach had he remained in place.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's your spurs love blinding you. paul may have antics, but no one, i repeat NO ONE, has it more locked down than manu. and that's by a country mile.

Yeah, and toss in a city mile too and it's still not close.

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Thanks for the honesty. I have no problem saying that Steve Nash is my favorite point guard. And when it comes to antics, no one has it more locked down than Chris Paul of The New Orleans Hornets.
My dad flops better than your dad......lol or sarcasm sign.

anyway ref baiting happens on every team. I think it is comical when people try to say, "this guy is the worst flopper in the league." My worst flopper personally is shaq btw. there's no way jerry stackhouse can knock shaq to the floor with his hand, but it happened and stack got suspended for it in the finals. again joking....here. this is just part of the game.

I remember devin harris doing it well for the mavs earning at least a charge every game. now jj barea's lone defensive move is a flop.

then you have dirk on the offensive end that just begs for guys to touch him so he can earn a and 1 or two money free throws. he plays the refs as well or better than manu ever has. and dirk is my guy...but it is what it is. dirk is a great ft shooter and demands more and initiates more contact in comparison to most players every time he gets the ball so he works the system into his favor. manu playing his game makes him great....not a bad guy who is bad for the game. if anything i want my son to watch that guy play because he is one of the few star players who doesn't take a play off EVER. He is the type of guy who can flop at one end not get the call...then rather than yelling at the ref before the whistle blows.. he'll run to the other end and make the next play. i love that he as a star player is willing to take one in the chops for his team even if it means baiting a call. did you guys see what j-kidd did to the hawks coach earlier in the year? when you get that opportunity you take it. it's the difference between a winner and a loser sometimes.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HATED Ainge before he came here... within 6 months of signing with us, I had his poster on my wall... and pretty much carried it with me until 2008.

Durrutix

Reaction score
anyway ref baiting happens on every team. I think it is comical when people try to say, "this guy is the worst flopper in the league."

No, no, and no. Obviously you are a veteran and I am a newb, but I must take a stand on Manu.

Manu G. is is the league's worst flopper. This is apparent, painfully obviousss. He flops on perfectly solid drives to the hoop, he flops on perfectly awful drives to the hoop. One or the other, he flops.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
anyway ref baiting happens on every team. I think it is comical when people try to say, "this guy is the worst flopper in the league."

No, no, and no. Obviously you are a veteran and I am a newb, but I must take a stand on Manu.

Manu G. is is the league's worst flopper. This is apparent, painfully obviousss. He flops on perfectly solid drives to the hoop, he flops on perfectly awful drives to the hoop. One or the other, he flops.

I'm with you man :) He flops on any contact lol.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
It's funny when even the commentators note Ginobili's flops. I like the reference of him getting invisibly tazed when going in for a drive.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Even though lots of players flop, it's only logical that someone has to be the worst flopper in the league. So if it's not Ginobili, who is it? Is there even a second place?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though lots of players flop, it's only logical that someone has to be the worst flopper in the league. So if it's not Ginobili, who is it? Is there even a second place?

For me it's not just the flopping it's the flailing that accompanies it. As for runner-up perhaps Luis Scola deserves some consideration.

Steve

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Win by a nose? Nope, it's not even close.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Review the post above. It shows the play in slow mo. It clearly shows his last dribble, 1st step and then a hop.

ok I'll take your word for it. I guess it just looked bad.

Yep, looking at the replay again, there is an extra dribble so it is only one step and a jump.

LOL @ that "hopstep." That's a little too high for me to call it a hop, its more like a jumpstep and I don't think I've ever seen a hopstep where the player jumps that high and puts it in. But hey it's Lebron so ... I'm not a big fan of Lebron, and now he has the supposed elbow injury that prevents him from going inside for the first 3 quarters but has no problems to turn it up whenever he wants to. It's a good excuse in the event you get eliminated.

This is where I have issue with it. Is it a hop when you jump 3 and a half feet in the air? If you were to do that exact move 30 feet from the basket, it is a travel every time, even if you pass.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Win by a nose? Nope, it's not even close.

A broken nose at that. Even Spurs fans agree that he 'knows how to sell the foul really well' as they put it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05