Good News Red Stripe! Looks like purple is OUT next season...

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
RedStripe27 said:
You were probably one of the people who hated the new Cardinals uniforms and wish they would just keep the old outdated and boring unis for the sake of keeping tradition. I guess people do fear change. Like it or not the DBacks are changing it up and I think most people are happy about it. I just hope the new ones will be simple and good looking without the purple. Then we can talk about having them for a while.

It's interesting that you hope the new Diamondback uniforms are simple and good looking. I am one of the people who prefer the old Cardinal uniforms and it's for that same reason, not because I fear change. In fact, I think the Coyotes went from the absolute worst to one of the best when they changed their unis. :|

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AZZenny said:

My points were -- how can anyone who complains about the 'uncool' team colors think Brick and Sand are any better? You don't think the east coasters will go high on the hog about that color scheme? Either go classic, clean colors, or leave it be.

Brick and sand? I prefer Rust and Dust. Kind of catchy, don't you think?

Stallion

Cats, Cards, Bax, Suns
Reaction score
Folster said:
Brick and sand? I prefer Rust and Dust. Kind of catchy, don't you think?

Ha! :) That sounds like the colors we've should have been wearing the last couple years.

From ashes to ashes, in rust and dust....

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Aw man, I liked the Purple. I'm a guy, and I had no problem wearing my "A" logo purple hat around town. Oh well, maybe the insecure guys will buy the new red caps and it will make us some money.

I guess I'm too used to the purple to let go...we won the world series in purple. One thing I will agree about is the teal, that was pretty lame. But I still wore my hat with pride.

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
Phxchris1989 said:
Aw man, I liked the Purple. I'm a guy, and I had no problem wearing my "A" logo purple hat around town. Oh well, maybe the insecure guys will buy the new red caps and it will make us some money.

I guess I'm too used to the purple to let go...we won the world series in purple. One thing I will agree about is the teal, that was pretty lame. But I still wore my hat with pride.

Ditto...loved the purple color, but because its unique...there is so much red out there which is great but common....

Their focus group was a few season ticket holders? Do you really think that is going to cut it. No way that is an accurate sample...... BARF

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
I'll still like the team, and I'll probably buy a new cap. It's just I'll get the red one autographed and sell it 20 years later, then I'll give the purple one to my grandkids one day and tell them what it was like growing up in the first generation of Diamondbacks baseball.

I'll miss the Purple, I know this sounds corny but it's like getting rid of our world series colors. Oh well, hopefully they new uni's will look good and gain mass appeal. And hopefully we can soon win a world series in our new red.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Phxchris1989 said:

Being insecure and knowing what looks good are two different things fan boy...I don't know about you but i don't wear too much purple. Maybe its just a personal preference or maybe i understand what most non diamondback loving women think looks good. Either way i seem to be doing okay. But i am guessing from your screen name that you maybe a bit older than me and are less than concerned with what looks good out on the street or at a party.....

Really i dont want red as the base color for the hat either. I want black hats and a classic looking A or D in brick red...

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
Really i dont want red as the base color for the hat either. I want black hats and a classic looking A or D in brick red...
Interesting thought. I know that I like the St. Louis Cardinals home red hat better than their road black hat with their uniforms.

I wonder how each would look with the new D'backs uni.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, knock it off with the backhanded comments.

chickenhead

Reaction score
To be honest, I've lived in the east for almost the Diamondbacks' entire existence, and I wouldn't say they're a laughingstock. A lot of Yankees fans have a grudging respect after a hard-fought series. The most common criticism I've heard about the uniforms is just that there are too many variations.

Personally, I never minded purple because I grew up a Suns fan. My problem was with the teal, the stupid trim on everything, and all the alternates. I mean, why did we need a huge logo with accents right out of an airport gift store--especially when you look at it next to what are absolutely perfect Sun Devils and Wildcats baseball caps.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05