Grades Given The Cards

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Instead of 4 to 5 wins we might now be a 5 to 6 win team.

I have no illusions that we got much better in the FA period.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
So Palmer gives us a C- starting QB rating, same as Buffalo, with the Jags being the only grade below us, and Alex Smith is given a B rating in KC. Don't believe Weeden, Ponder, Locker or Sanchez are better than Palmer either. Hmmmmm, not so sure about these grades......

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Instead of 4 to 5 wins we might now be a 5 to 6 win team.

I have no illusions that we got much better in the FA period.

Agreed.

This team would have to have alot of luck to make it to 8-8, and that would be tops 8-8.

If they are competitive this year, meaning 12 out of there 16 games they are keeping it close score wise, then I will be extremely happy. W & L will not be as important to me as what the scores of the games are at the end.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has undergone major changes from top to bottom. I'm not sure anyone can predict what will happen until we see what happens on the field.

Last edited:

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
This team has gone under major changes from top to bottom. I'm not sure anyone can predict what will happen until we see what happens on the field.

I agree. It's very tough to figure this team out. Too many changes at key positions.

If they can get together and gel quickly (like the Arians led Colts did last year) they could be a nine to ten win team. If they don't then we're looking at a five to six win rebuilding year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anybody can write for bleacher report is a fan site when you sign up they ask if you would like to write and submit stuff but I still like the site.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with Bleacher Report's existence, just how people reference it. I feel like we should have a sticky or something advising people to make sure they are going to reference a legitimate news/analysis source before posting a link representing it as such. Saying "Bleacher Report says" to me is the same as "ESPN says", only there is a big difference between Bleacher Report and ESPN. The person who wrote this article is Bleacher Reports "National NFL Lead Writer", but if you look at his bio his most impressive credential is that he hosted a radio show in New Ulm, Minnesota. I've made the same mistake before (posting an analysis of a Div-2 QB people were discussing that it turns out was written by a 14 year old), so really it just comes down to spending a couple of seconds to make sure you know the credibility of the source you are linking to and putting it int he proper context.

I don't think the opinion of New Ulm's finest is worth anything less than any poster's opinion on here, but it is definitely not equivalent to a professional reporter/analysts opinion and should not be presented as such. Not a specific attack against the OP, because it happens all the time.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bleacher Report is a waste to consider seriously on anything in my opinion :)

Yeah I stopped reading after the Baltimore report when they wrote that Baltimore could be even better this year. Despite losing 7 starters off the roster including both ILBs and their best WR. Nonsense.

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
I take no notice of these grades...they just need something to write about.
How can anyone really know how good or bad a team is until they play?
The won lost record is the only grade worthy of any note and thats a long way off yet.

Didn't the same talking heads crown the 'Dream team' eagles before a ball had been kicked a couple of years back?

its all phoey

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing say "in depth reporting" like "Starters C-"

I can tell a ton of research and effort was put into THAT opinion.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish people would stop paying attention to The Bleacher Report. Anybody with enough sentience to register a free account and slap up a few words that form a coherent sentence can write for them. They're full of terrible lists and even worse analyses.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, Bleacher Report is a waste. I'd grade out some of what they picked a little differently, but I do agree with the assertion that we're a 5 or 6 win team, unfortunately.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
So Palmer gives us a C- starting QB rating, same as Buffalo, with the Jags being the only grade below us, and Alex Smith is given a B rating in KC. Don't believe Weeden, Ponder, Locker or Sanchez are better than Palmer either. Hmmmmm, not so sure about these grades......

They need to hire THESMEL.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would like to know what kind of grades they gave last year for the Indy Colts , who ended their season at 11 and 5 . I'm betting that Bleacher Report in no way predicted the 11 and 5 .

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think when you aren't emotionally involved you can probably look at any team more realistically. You have to remember who are conference competition is, and it is reasonable to think that we will not make up any ground on any of them based on what we have seen in FA and expect in the draft with only 7 picks (?) compared to the multitude of some teams.

Any team can surprise and play over what is expected, which we surely hope our team will. But looking at it from the outside, I don't expect anyone to give us much hope this coming season. A lot will depend on Carson resurrecting his career as Warner did, and nailing the draft from top to bottom which no one ever seems to.

One thing that makes us have more faith in the coming year, is that we were so bad in most phases last year that we have no where to go but up, and especially with the return of our LT and the 1 year of experience a couple of our OLmen got. I think the main thing that could turn things around for us would be if we drafted for a running game and develop that part of our game which we have never had to my memory. That would change a lot of things, including helping our passing game, helping our defense by shortening the game and their time on the field, and make our new Qbs job a lot easier.

God I hope we finally do that. Please, Please, coach fool us and create an OL that can open up holes for our backs. Please, Please, I beg you. And don't think like Whiz and others always did in that you can just coach up the guys we have. We need to draft for that, and draft for that, and keep on drafting for that, until we get it right.

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
Anyone can put up grades, but without giving the reasoning, those grades are worthless. Also, in evaluating the article consider that the Raiders just gutted their team and the writer gave them a C-.

We do need to continue to upgrade our depth, and IMO have significant needs at SS, OL, and OLB (TE could use an upgrade over King, also, but not as urgently), but the draft is coming up and there may still be FA additions later.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone can put up grades, but without giving the reasoning, those grades are worthless. Also, in evaluating the article consider that the Raiders just gutted their team and the writer gave them a C-.

We do need to continue to upgrade our depth, and IMO have significant needs at SS, OL, and OLB (TE could use an upgrade over King, also, but not as urgently), but the draft is coming up and there may still be FA additions later.

why would you consider SS a significant need and not even list FS? I'm a lot more confident in Rashad Johnson stepping in than Curtis Taylor

lol, whoops, forgot about Bell. Scratch that

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This team has undergone major changes from top to bottom. I'm not sure anyone can predict what will happen until we see what happens on the field.

We may not be able to predict plays, injuries, or players but what can be predicted is the strength of our schedule.

2 Losses: San Fran, Seattle.

1 Loss: Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, St. Louis.

That is 8 losses right there.

Up For Grabs Games:
Carolina, Indy, Detroit, Tampa, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philly, St. Louis.

6-10 or 5-11 seems like a foregone conclusion to me. :shrug:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We may not be able to predict plays, injuries, or players but what can be predicted is the strength of our schedule.

2 Losses: San Fran, Seattle.

1 Loss: Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, St. Louis.

That is 8 losses right there.

Up For Grabs Games:
Carolina, Indy, Detroit, Tampa, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philly, St. Louis.

6-10 or 5-11 seems like a foregone conclusion to me. :shrug:

You can't even predict this. The Cards beat SF with John Skelton at QB in 2011 one of only 3 SF losses that year. The Cards also beat Seattle last year. So there is no guarantee the Cards lose all 4 games vs those two teams.

But I do agree that yet another 5-11 season is in the cards for Arizona.

Bobcat

Reaction score

When we first got Kurt we were given a grade of D-. Well how did that turn out...???

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please, Please, coach fool us and create an OL that can open up holes for our backs. Please, Please, I beg you.

This. Improving our Oline and establishing a running game would do wonders for this team. Not only would it improve the offense the defense would be on the field less.

BA and crew can't be as blind as the last staff with the Oline. At least I hope not.