Green Names Warner his Starting QB

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
MOCK - Yeah - ING - Yeah - BIRD - Yeah - Yeah - YEAH!

Did you mean to ask what movie was I referencing there Stout my lad?

Between the COP in Dumb and Dumber and the hitchhiker in Mary - Harlan Williams gives the Farrely Brothers their best moments on film.

SEVEN! You know, seven sevens, sevn elevenm, seven chipmunks, twirling a branch, eating lots of sunflowers on my unlce's ranch. You remember that old children's tale from the SEA! It's like your talking gorgonzola when it's clearly BREE TIME BABY. Step into my office...

:thumbup: on the reference. The Hitchhiker in Mary :shrug:

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
CardLogic said:
I've got a question for those "talent evaluators" who believe McCown sucks. Why didn't the Cards give him the lowest tender offer? I mean it is so obvious that he sucks, no other team would give McCown the time of day, right?

I dont think Josh sucks, but remember the Cards gave McCown the MIDDLE tender meaning a team would have to give up a first round pick to snag him. Which means all teams placed both rookie QB's picked in the 1st round ahead of McCown, and noone even attempted to have a conversation with him to see if he could be had for less then a 1st from the Cardinals, that says something as well.

Remember folks Josh is a 3rd round pick, and while I think he has alot of physical talents his mental abilitibies leave alot to be questioned, when I say him playing last year he played scared ALOT, now he had good reason to play scared, but the better QB's dont let the pressure get to them to where they become afraid to play the position effectivly which he did. Maybe he's matured some and that can help him, I dont know, what I do know is I dont want to go into the season with that question hanging over our heads thats why I am glad Warner got the nod.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Judging by Denny's quotes in the Urban article, it's only a matter of time before Shipp is benched as well. I don't know what's worse, the fact that McCown and Shipp were once the starting backfield for this team or that there's a vocal minority that was clamoring these guys to be the starters this upcoming season. Apparently they have forgotten about 2003.

Ah Mr. Tosi. Leader of the "The 2003 roster had no redeeming value" club. You and swd1974 must be tickled to see Josh banished to the bench.

Neither of you, however, will ever convince me that Josh was not our best option at QB last year.

But I'm only concerned about who our best option is for 05', and I think that Warner put up better numbers in roughly comparable offensive situations vs. McCown in 04.

If Kurt can put up a 86.5 QB rating over 16 games for us this year, we have a really good shot at the playoffs.

If he puts up anything over 90.0, I'd wager we win the division.